• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PPF 5712 with PP240 Super Clone.....

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
In the photos taken for the movement it seems ok if I’m not wrong

Pls open a different thread with “QCs New PPF 5712 Clone”
Too much bs on this one already

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Patron
Certified
8/2/20

Glad to see they upheld their promise of finishing the bridge engraving, unfortunately the jewel/cap stone for the escape wheel wasn't corrected. A small detail overall, as I think the bridge engravings are more noticable. But something to note.

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
In the photos taken for the movement it seems ok if I’m not wrong

Mate it looks to me as v1 with the new clone movement

I Dont have any knowledge from pp models so better Wait for the more knowledgeable members to comment before you give the green light

greekgod

Renowned Member
3/5/11
Do you realize the total lack of logic of these 2 sentences put together?

You admit that you don't know whether V2 will be good or not.

But then you consider that not knowing that is "even more reason" than if you knew for a fact that V2 is bad?
​​​​​How will knowing that v1 dial fits V2 movement be any useful information if the V2 dial ends up being good?

That's right, if we're lucky and the final V2 dial ends up looking good then you don't need to change it with a V1 dial.

So there's no point asking that question now, and it's even more useless as nobody nobody will have the watch in hand for a few weeks, and therefore nobody can even asnwer that question for a while...

​​​​​​So can we please stop it with the "maybe" bad dial and trying to find solutions to a problem that may just not exist? We'll have plenty of time to discuss that if the problem is confirmed when the watch is out

Perhaps it's hard for you to understand, I'll try again. I don't care how V2 turns out to be.. if it's good then that's great but ifs it's not, I would want to find out if the V1 will fit V2 NOW so I can start looking for one while it's not hot! If the V2 dial is not great almost everyone on here will be looking to get a V1 dial. Besides, are you going to tell me what questions I can ask here or not? and since when did you become the moderating police round here?

Last edited:

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
Perhaps it's hard for you to understand, I'll try again. I don't care how V2 turns out to be.. if it's good then that's great but ifs it's not, I would want to find out if the V1 will fit V2 NOW so I can start looking for one while it's not hot! If the V2 dial is not great almost everyone on here will be looking to get a V1 dial. Besides, are you going to tell me what questions I can ask here or not? and since when did you become the moderating police round here?

I get it but personally don’t think it will fit.
2 completely different movements.

If talking about a mod to fit we are back again to the maybe.
Wait and see, period.

Is not gonna get hot as honestly don’t think is going to fit. Too many variables to be just a straight fit. A gen tho, probably fits.

Anadrol5

14/10/18
I see what is going on here. PPF has used the same dial colour on its 5712 clone with its also recently released 5726 clone watch.

The new PPF 5726 clone dial colour is very close to the gen 5726 dial (i have one on order) but it is the wrong dial for a 5712.

PPF has to milk this version before they release a proper version.

Last edited:

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
From those QC pictures of a V2 it appears the neurotics were correct in that the V2 dial is not as good as V1 dial colors.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17

You can't find out whether V1 dial fits V2 NOW because it would require 1) that someone has received V2 and is unhappy with the dial, 2) that they have ordered and received a v1 dial and 3) that they tried to mount it, but we're weeks again from even step 1) so you're gonna have to wait for a while

So if you think you make sense good for you, that doesn't make it true

You feel pretty comfortable saying whatever you want so I don't see any reason I couldn't share my opinion too

Reactions: jsbaker88

greekgod

Renowned Member
3/5/11
You can't find out whether V1 dial fits V2 NOW because it would require 1) that someone has received V2 and is unhappy with the dial, 2) that they have ordered and received a v1 dial and 3) that they tried to mount it, but we're weeks again from even step 1) so you're gonna have to wait for a while

You feel pretty comfortable saying whatever you want so I don't see any reason I couldn't share my opinion too

You are not sharing opinion you are TELLIN ME what I can and cant do. You seem to be thinking you are a superior human being and I, somehow need to listen to you.. .so I suggest you sit down and mind your business before telling me whether I can and can inquire about V1 and V2 dials. That's my prerogative.

Reactions: thumbsarehandy

greekgod

Renowned Member
3/5/11

You have the QC pictures now.... let's hear your expert opinion? Is the V2 same as V1?

jsbaker88

Known Member
3/8/15
You are not sharing opinion you are TELLIN ME what I can and cant do. You seem to be thinking you are a superior human being and I, somehow need to listen to you.. .so I suggest you sit down and mind your business before telling me whether I can and can inquire about V1 and V2 dials. That's my prerogative.

Mate please stop posting with caps. Let’s keep this civilised. You’re enquiring about something no one knows the answer to. Perhaps order v2 and send to a modder with your v1 and find out for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mech500

greekgod

Renowned Member
3/5/11
Mate please stop posting with caps. Let’s keep this civilised. You’re enquiring about something no one knows the answer to. Perhaps order v2 and send to a modder with your v1 and find out for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SO you have come to advocate about your mate, hey ....tell me to keep it civilised, when the whole point of the forum is discussion.

Last edited:

Tobel

6/7/17
You have the QC pictures now.... let's hear your expert opinion? Is the V2 same as V1?

No it doesn't look like it, but firstly it's under horrible light as usual, and secondly it doesn't mean it's bad. As other members have pointed out the v1 was nice looking but not close from gen

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
i will probably get the V2 to install my V1 dial and also swap the 6 o'clock index (V2 index looks better)

Tobel

6/7/17

I am telling you that your question doesn't make sense. That's my opinion

And I'm asking you to please stop
Clear now?

Last edited: