• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PPF 5712 with PP240 Super Clone.....

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Agreed

Good way to kill time maybe?

Why don’t we just wait for the QCs and watches to arrive before getting into conclusions?

Because we can just see wrong color!

Reactions: ywg

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Agreed

Good way to kill time maybe?

Why don’t we just wait for the QCs and watches to arrive before getting into conclusions?

I agree.

Some guys just love staring at watch pics...especially gens. Lol...I can think of far better things to do

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
The amount of scrutiny just amazes me... just wait for the QC pics and or when someone gets one. This will end up being like the AP 15400 page. 79000 paragraphs on what blue is what blue under which light.... enjoy the hobby ... wear the rep time pieces as novelty items...or buy a gen....PERIOD

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
The amount of scrutiny just amazes me... just wait for the QC pics and or when someone gets one. This will end up being like the AP 15400 page. 79000 paragraphs on what blue is what blue under which light.... enjoy the hobby ... wear the rep time pieces as novelty items...or buy a gen....PERIOD

Let’s be realistic. Right?

Most are here because they can’t afford a gen.
Not because of the absurd grey mkt prices.
Or the cruel tactics used by brands or ads.
Much less because the watch is discontinued etc.
Even way less buy reps cause they have the gen etc, full bs.

So talking about a watch retail cost @ £30k.
Grey mkt £150k+.

And a new clone way better than the previous rep shows up for miserable 738$ and people freak out about the blue or the freaking movement writings…….

The biggest tell in a rep is the owner! I know many Patek customers, most have Aquanauts as they can’t get a Nautilus and won’t pay grey mkt. 95% don’t even know their watches beat frequency or power reserve. Imagine they knowing how to spot a rep that the biggest issue is a color tone.

Fu** Sake! Don’t like it? Don’t buy! See you! Goodbye.!
Please let’s wait QCs and the watch to reach the hands of the firsts to buy.
Now Period.!

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
How on earth could they screw up the dial colour like this? I'm considering cancelling my order.

It must be deliberate. Fix the power reserve and crown for v2 but give a worse dial than v1. Then for v3 they'll give everything that's in the v2 but with the v1 dial.

Anadrol5

14/10/18
How on earth could they screw up the dial colour like this? I'm considering cancelling my order.

It must be deliberate. Fix the power reserve and crown for v2 but give a worse dial than v1. Then for v3 they'll give everything that's in the v2 but with the v1 dial.

That is the nature of the rep game. We'll probably have to wait for V5 or 6 to get a near pefect rep. Look at XF RO 15202. Still no near perfect 15202.

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…

semantics really…
what are the chances you’ll bump into someone out in the wild as the say and end comparing wrist to wrist to pick out the flaws and get called out. NIL..

2 choices.

1. Buy it and enjoy it for what it is with nil chances of anyone spotting it as a fake, unless they ask you to take it off your wrist and want to inspect with a loupe…

2. Play the waiting game and wait for the next version which may or may never come and then hope it doesn’t have any additional flaws which make you want to wait for V3 and the V4 and then V5. Which means you never end up
owing one. Not to mention the laughable gouging that comes with it… we’re not too far from the $1-2000 USD rep price bracket now. This 700 USD unit may end up being a bargain.

Decisions decisions !

Reactions: racingeagle

tinitonsi

Patron
Certified
21/3/14
I ordered it for what it is, a rep that I like. No matter if it’s not 99% gen-spec, 80% is enough for me, lol

Reactions: RedBearrd

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
Other people don't bother me, esp after Covid, but I bother me as I have to look at the watch all the time, so it has to pass a certain threshold of accuracy and the dial colour is perhaps the main one, next would be proper alignments of markers, dates etc as it is only a visual piece for me. The more complex functions and the backside I care not about on a rep, that is for gens.

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
semantics really…
what are the chances you’ll bump into someone out in the wild as the say and end comparing wrist to wrist to pick out the flaws and get called out. NIL..

2 choices.

1. Buy it and enjoy it for what it is with nil chances of anyone spotting it as a fake, unless they ask you to take it off your wrist and want to inspect with a loupe…

2. Play the waiting game and wait for the next version which may or may never come and then hope it doesn’t have any additional flaws which make you want to wait for V3 and the V4 and then V5. Which means you never end up
owing one. Not to mention the laughable gouging that comes with it… we’re not too far from the $1-2000 USD rep price bracket now. This 700 USD unit may end up being a bargain.

Decisions decisions !

I couldn't care less about being called out. I ordered this watch because of the beautiful dial I saw on vthe v1, I ordered it before the v2 was even announced. The dial is what everyone raved on about on the v1, one of the best dials out of all reps. I'm annoyed at the factory for the games they are playing. All they had to do is keep the current dial colour and add the new improvements from the v2but no they've gone for a purple dial like most blue rep watches.

Reactions: GGEuroHEADSHOT

SimoneC71

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/5/22
Sorry, I don't understand. Until I know they will have "live" photos, without alterations of light, when the photo will concern the finished product and not the prototype as it can be said that the colour is wrong, that the rep is disappointing, etc. The colour of the dial is important because for many it is the first thing you notice. There are many “blues” in Patek reps, I have a 5726 blue gen, it has a colour not so “green” as many believe perfection to be. I'll wait to see the first photos of some user, "real" photos, then I'll judge if the difference is so relevant.

Novelty compared to the V1 seems to me so many and important. No?

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK

Cancel it lol…

Tell me, from these bellow which one is the rep?

Reactions: PunkRockDoc and j21

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
I couldn't care less about being called out. I ordered this watch because of the beautiful dial I saw on vthe v1, I ordered it before the v2 was even announced. The dial is what everyone raved on about on the v1, one of the best dials out of all reps. I'm annoyed at the factory for the games they are playing. All they had to do is keep the current dial colour and add the new improvements from the v2but no they've gone for a purple dial like most blue rep watches.

PPF likely assemble the watch from a multitude of parts suppliers. It is most likely V1 dial supplier is no longer around. Ce La vie…

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

patekcollector

16/8/21
Italy
PPF likely assemble the watch from a multitude of parts suppliers. It is most likely V1 dial supplier is no longer around. Ce La vie…

That's the point, they don't make the dials themselves.. We have to wait QC to have a full understanding and so expressing opinions

Reactions: SimoneC71

patekcollector

16/8/21
Italy
What is sure is that the delayed exit date is a positive thing for us... let's wait those long 25 days and hope for the best

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Cancel it lol…

Tell me, from these bellow which one is the rep? url]

Beautiful pictures

Also didn't know that their is stamped Tiffany & co dial at 5712 also thought it was only at 5711

You have convinced me to order it with thos pic's, lol

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
Beautiful pictures

Also didn't know that their is stamped Tiffany & co dial at 5712 also thought it was only at 5711

You have convinced me to order it with thos pic's, lol

All Gen btw…

Different color will be seen in different lighting conditions, cameras, being rep or gen, that’s my point if it wasn’t obvious.
So even if it’s not 100% same as gen color this watch achieved what previous didn’t, being:

- 8.8mm out of 8.52mm gen
- working power reserve
- working moonphase that doesn’t look sunken
- crown fixed
- regulator in the balance not easily recognisable like before (normally the best way to tell a rep).

And probably more things that we will know when it’s hands on.

I missed the boat on the VSF Datejust 41mm pre-raid and now the post-raids one. Hence why I don’t play the waiting game that well.

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
just take a v2 and put the dial V1 on it :)