• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PPF 5712 with PP240 Super Clone.....

Lutherone

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/1/16
Great. we will await the comparison with great interest. thank you

Lutherone

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/1/16
I compared the clone movement with the gen, it's almost "close" but still, lack of 1 screw detail. A bit confused since they're claiming this version to be exactly like the gen.

you could be more specific about the lack of detail of the screws. I also did a check and apart from some obvious small differences I did not notice any lacks

Pipicu

Supporter
Certified
2/6/22
Germany
Looks great. Was thinking to get it when it fully releases but i think i will wait for the first reviews. If there will be some bigger flaws i will just wait for a v2 version of it.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
The A on Patek is wrong as well...

Too much things to fix prior release.

I was about to fall into this watch but its way too much flaws for a premium rep

Reactions: ywg and Beefcake

ubi

Known Member
9/9/19
you could be more specific about the lack of detail of the screws. I also did a check and apart from some obvious small differences I did not notice any lacks

The case screw for the movement adjacent to the crown was the one that immediately stood out to me.

Reactions: ywg

micomp3

Known Member
13/5/16
Spent years to develop - only to produce an inaccurate dial color-shade. What a waste. Case looks great though. $738 unjustified with the dial. ????

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: RonP

Hamza Choudhry

Horology Curious
23/1/17
You are right about the lack of regulation etc. I think the point for the repmakers is to make money. If they can divide their market in two categories, they will. Because the margins will be bigger at slightly bigger expenses. I think a rep like the 5712 will give them big margins once their development expenses for the clone movement has been covered.
That’s their motivation.

I think there was always a hierarchy with reps. I remember back in the days there used to be three tiers: A, AA, AAA (costing the most).

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I think there was always a hierarchy with reps. I remember back in the days there used to be three tiers: A, AA, AAA (costing the most).

That is marketing bullshit that dealers or factories have been using. There's always been AAA+ SUPERCLONE 1:1 copy but it's just meant to sell more and is not representative of anything. As you can imagine there is no standardized official body who assesses impartially the quality of replica watches.

One of our members though, Omagad has however been compiling analyses and feedback from members to help folks here, it's the consensual super rep and NWBIG list that you can find I think in the general discussion section

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
Comparing the dial colours on Intime, this V2 looks more flat and more grey/blue than the V1, same with PTs pics. The numbers are also too thin.

Last edited:

ywg

3/7/17
As for the movement, it's not as good of a copy as the 3K factory 324SC. Yes, the engraving on the movement is not anywhere on par to the genuine, as well as the finishing, however the movement in terms of parts and positioning is exact to the genuine. The PP240 is not an exact copy and there are quite a few differences (for example: missing screw adjacent to the crown on the bridge with the "29 jewels" text). I am not even sure if this movement can host a gen dial without modification. The dial is a major downgrade. Overall not impressed with this version.