• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PPF 5712 with PP240 Super Clone.....

Legitimatemonth

Supporter
22/8/21
4 problems to solve on this version :

1) dial color (better is the non-clone 1st version with the greenish tint)
2) rusted pinions
3) correct engraving on the movement (one engraving is missing)
4) chanfrains on the movement (the movement is sorely lacking in chanfrains on the contours of rubies and plates as opposed to 3KF)

Wainting for the V2...

RUST?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

centrum

27/7/14
Yeah what's up with the rusty pinion. Is it same in the gen? Can't find a gen with the same hue of brown.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

JuanSB

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/10/15
It is quite sad that PPF might have ruined their dial colour because their last batches were even closer to gen than BUFF (his dials are actually quite overrated).
Now that PPF might be too blue our only chance might be some replacement dials but I wonder if they would even fit the clone movement.
Sounds like quite a big hassle and it is a huge letdown considering the fixed crown and clone movement.

Also how is the fat bezel issue? I am not very well educated about Nautilus bezels so I am not too good at observing the bezel shape. Did PPF fix it too?
To my eyes the case looks pretty awesome and I hope that they also will release a 5711 with the same specs soon. Dial replacements should be much easier on this one.

Last edited:

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
It is quite sad that PPF might have ruined their dial colour because their last batches were even closer to gen than BUFF (his dials are actually quite overrated).
Now that PPF might be too blue our only chance might be some replacement dials but I wonder if they would even fit the clone movement.
Sounds like quite a big hassle and it is a huge letdown considering the fixed crown and clone movement.

Also how is the fat bezel issue? I am not very well educated about Nautilus bezels so I am not too good at observing the bezel shape. Did PPF fix it too?
To my eyes the case looks pretty awesome and I hope that they also will release a 5711 with the same specs soon. Dial replacements should be much easier on this one.

Afaik GF/ZF/PPF 5712 has never suffered from the fat bezel issue.

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
anybody have QC yet? dial looks meh though, too bad the color got f*k. while everything else got better, no more sink moon disc, better date font and real power reserve

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
Date numbers are just too thin for me, there is some variation in the gens but most of them have thicker numbers.

Reactions: SHB

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
I somehow posted it twice shit glitched out can't fix it

Last edited:

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Only pictures i could find about it on WeChat
zHfJpP.jpg
zHfVGW.jpg

Looks like v1 (ZF).

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackJaguar and ywg

ubi

Known Member
9/9/19
The rotor in the qc pic above is at 12:00; the caliber 240PS should have the rotor at 9:00 across from the crown.

Reactions: SimoneC71