• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The perfect Daytona build part 2 (Pic heavy and comparaison with gen)

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
2841 Pardon me if I missed something, but did you have the CF panda dial in hand to compare with your gen?
if so Would love to see some comparison pics.

In your opinion is the CF panda dial better than the ARF and noob?

Thanks in advance for the info :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I had all the white dials together a couple of weeks ago.

when I upgraded this build with the gen case, I also upgraded the white dial noob build in my older tread (Daytona part 1) with the case from this build

Having the gen next to the CF and the ARF, the choice for me was pretty easy. The ARF is a tiny bit to warm, but looks real close to the gen. The CF looks to blue/gray, and makes the dial look cheap. The 5 lines of text is also thinner on the CF compared to the gen.

overall, imo, the ARF gives the watch a more luxurious look

oh, and the noob dial was never considered, everything is pretty much wrong :)

Last edited:

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Yes, I had all the white dials together a couple of weeks ago.

when I upgraded this build with the gen case, I also upgraded the white dial noob build in my older tread (Daytona part 1) with the case from this build

Having the gen next to the CF and the ARF, the choice for me was pretty easy. The ARF is a tiny bit to warm, but looks real close to the gen. The CF looks to blue/gray, and makes the dial look cheap. The 5 lines of text is also thinner on the CF compared to the gen.

overall, imo, the ARF gives the watch a more luxurious look

oh, and the noob dial was never considered, everything is pretty much wrong :)

Thanks very much for this info mate I really appreciate it. This has definitely made up my mind about the ARF dial now. The CF dial does look anemic and has to go haha. Cheers

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Thanks very much for this info mate I really appreciate it. This has definitely made up my mind about the ARF dial now. The CF dial does look anemic and has to go haha. Cheers

My pleasure, just remember very few ARF dials are correct. A lot of the version 2 has wrong subdials. (More info on this in my Noob build tread)

Reactions: mnkoshka

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
My pleasure, just remember very few ARF dials are correct. A lot of the version 2 has wrong subdials. (More info on this in my Noob build tread)

Thanks again mate, pretty sure I have the correct one… we’ll hopefully because i already installed it lol

Reactions: 2841

BPlayer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/10/19
Hi Guys, what is with that T on Daytona Dials, should they always sit right under the R and the X , at the right side ?? are there different Daytona Dials with this Res ?? Thanks

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Hi Guys, what is with that T on Daytona Dials, should they always sit right under the R and the X , at the right side ?? are there different Daytona Dials with this Res ?? Thanks

116500 and 116520 have different layouts on the 5 lines of text. Do a search on both, and its easy to tell them appart

Reactions: BPlayer

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
Nothing beats a brand spanking new gen dial :) But its like finding a unicorn at the moment

Tell me about it haha! Specially with 500 when u find one u better never let go!

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Tell me about it haha! Specially with 500 when u find one u better never let go!

This one is my second, still deciding If I wanna do another build, or just sell the dial :)

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
This one is my second, still deciding If I wanna do another build, or just sell the dial :)

U can always PM me if u wanna sell u know where is my tent !

Reactions: 2841

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
With gens going for $40-50K+ recently, investing $8-9K in a virtually perfect rep seems almost sensible now!

I couldn’t agree more :)

With the addition of the gen case, I’m getting close to AD list price :) But I do really enjoy this build, and it has zero tells

Last edited:

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Proberbly my favorite build ever :)

zqStmp.jpg

zqS8cb.jpg

Reactions: Bobi01