• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The perfect Daytona build part 2 (Pic heavy and comparaison with gen)

clockwork

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
22/12/07
Simply WOW

Does anybody know who can I contact for case reshaping in EU?

Enviado desde mi SM-A526B mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: 2841

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
i'd disagree on this.

You are right, there is a lot of variation in the 116520 dials :) MOST of them are shiny, a lot of them are different from the 116500. Either way i believe the 116500 sub dial color/shine/rainbow hue to be unique to the 116500

Reactions: Lariram

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
Absolutely brilliant build...and equally as brilliant post! If you swapped in some gen movement parts, you could probably get this damn thing served at an official rolex service center! :thumbup:

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
Speaking of the movement, besides the full service, did you make any changes to the stock 4130? If not, have you given any thought to that?

Reactions: Lariram

kk169

Known Member
7/1/19
Amazing build and thanks for sharing all the details! Learned quite a bit about the CF 116500 from this.
Cheers

simomat

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/12/19
amazing build mate. can you elaborate on the two different types of clean cases?

how can i identify (e.g. with a caliper) if i have the better or the worse version?

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Speaking of the movement, besides the full service, did you make any changes to the stock 4130? If not, have you given any thought to that?

I wanted to just keep it stock for now. As long as everything is running smoothly, I don’t need any gen movement parts for this one.

it’s an amazing build to me to, but it is only a substitute until I get the gen. So this one got all the attention on the outside :)

Reactions: butler182

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
amazing build mate. can you elaborate on the two different types of clean cases?

how can i identify (e.g. with a caliper) if i have the better or the worse version?

Look at the first QC pic. Left side lug tips are slimmer then right side. It was so bad on this one, that we used another CF case

SwissTimeNow

Horology Curious
13/9/20
Wow this is truly an amazing build. I hope you get your gen soon so I can purchase this from you ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simomat

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/12/19
Look at the first QC pic. Left side lug tips are slimmer then right side. It was so bad on this one, that we used another CF case

sorry my man, i am not getting it. so did they switch to a different mold (or CAD milling file) at some point? or is this polishing gone wrong by some dude that polished too much off?

if they switched to a new case, when did they switch to the new version?

takks

7/8/15
Thank you for your amazing franken.
It’s very useful contents for us planning to make franken with CF.
Let me ask about waterproofness. Did you do waterproof test?
I wonder about the matching CF tube and gen crown.
My CF tube looks shorter than gen tube and gen crown hits the case using with CF tube.
This is my guessing, the gasket inside the gen crown and the tip of the CF tube may not be compressed firmly.

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Thank you for your amazing franken.
It’s very useful contents for us planning to make franken with CF.
Let me ask about waterproofness. Did you do waterproof test?
I wonder about the matching CF tube and gen crown.
My CF tube looks shorter than gen tube and gen crown hits the case using with CF tube.
This is my guessing, the gasket inside the gen crown and the tip of the CF tube may not be compressed firmly.

I have installed gen crown on clean tube and yes it is little shorter but it passed waterproof test so no issue bro

Reactions: masterpiece777