• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The perfect Daytona build part 2 (Pic heavy and comparaison with gen)

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
This is so beautiful. Question - what size bore and size and thread tap did you use for the pushers?

No clue, that was my watchmakers handywork :) All i know is that we needed to increase the size slightly

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Also isn’t the lugs supposed to be uneven to balance the visual weight of the pushers and crown? I could have sworn this was the case (no pun intended)

Yes, but the left side is supposed to be bigger/fatter then the right side, this was not the case on the "bad" case

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I’ve gotten a lot of messages about the work on this project, so I thought I would make a price brakedown of the work. This of course does not included the gen parts :)

Case reshape including swiss lapping: $465
Movement service: $265
Tapping case, assembly of gen pushers: $85
Installing gen hands (incl. broaching) $85
Refinish Oyster bracelet links facing the skin: $125
Correcting caseback height and brushing: $85

Before we found a gen dial, we talked about doing a refinishing of the rep hour markers, coronet and hands. That would have been: removal & refinishing hands, coronet & hour markers, relume if necessary, White gold finish plating, assembly $285

My opinion as stated before, the white dial is very good, but could benefit of some refinishing. The black dial is sadly unusable, hopefully they come out with a better v2 :)

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
2841. Thanks for all the info, sensational build.

You mentioned the hands were broached, did the gen hands not fit well? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
2841. Thanks for all the info, sensational build.

You mentioned the hands were broached, did the gen hands not fit well? Cheers

Its always a 50/50 on these builds, sometimes they fit the Clone movement, sometimes they need a bit of persuasion :)

Reactions: mnkoshka

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Its always a 50/50 on these builds, sometimes they fit the Clone movement, sometimes they need a bit of persuasion :)

Haha yeah I can imagine, I’m hoping for a smooth installation at some point. Thanks again for taking the time to share your results :)

Galenik

22/7/21
EU
I’ve gotten a lot of messages about the work on this project, so I thought I would make a price brakedown of the work. This of course does not included the gen parts :)

Case reshape including swiss lapping: $465
Movement service: $265
Tapping case, assembly of gen pushers: $85
Installing gen hands (incl. broaching) $85
Refinish Oyster bracelet links facing the skin: $125
Correcting caseback height and brushing: $85

Before we found a gen dial, we talked about doing a refinishing of the rep hour markers, coronet and hands. That would have been: removal & refinishing hands, coronet & hour markers, relume if necessary, White gold finish plating, assembly $285

My opinion as stated before, the white dial is very good, but could benefit of some refinishing. The black dial is sadly unusable, hopefully they come out with a better v2 :)

Congrats to your beautiful ver well done build!

I sent you a pm (no purchase offer ;)
Enjoy the watch in good health!

Reactions: 2841

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
So I got the chance to buy a gen case, and I of course couldn’t pass on that :)

All you need to do now is drop in a gen 4130 movement and you could probably get this masterpiece serviced at an official rolex service center!

Reactions: masterpiece777

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
All you need to do now is drop in a gen 4130 movement and you could probably get this masterpiece serviced at an official rolex service center!

Ha ha ha, yes you are probably right. But I think this will hold me over nicely until I get my gen :)

• Haha

RX7GP

🦁
Supporter
Patron
Certified
16/2/16

The reworked CF case is absolutely beautiful, but a gen case just takes the build to a whole different level :)

Found a gen 116500 case? wow you are very lucky, you can also get a call from AD so soon with this luck :thumbsup:

Gen sits better on wrist, CF looks a little high on lugs, so your build is perfect now.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Thanks guys, yes, it is an amazing build, and im just enjoying the shit out of it :)

takks

7/8/15

The reworked CF case is absolutely beautiful, but a gen case just takes the build to a whole different level :)

All at Completely different level!!

BTW Bracelet is kept AR(Clean)?
It looks very nice

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
2841 Pardon me if I missed something, but did you have the CF panda dial in hand to compare with your gen?
if so Would love to see some comparison pics.

In your opinion is the CF panda dial better than the ARF and noob?

Thanks in advance for the info :)

Last edited: