• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5711 Nautilus Modder/Factory - BUFF?

h.pagani158

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/6/21
Yep, to my eyes they look like the buff hands.

and can someone confirm this is a "full" buff handset? Thanks!
jwi6ks.png

Last edited:

benissimo

Known Member
3/6/21
EU
New 3k case upgrade better bezel. its pretty close to newer version gen. BP is closer to older version gen. the rest of buff case mod does make it more gen like. For the crown, he did mod the whole crown shape, but its not much thinned. But again , not all gen have super thin crown. Since gen have various version of crown guard shape as well.

From my research Old 3K V1 bezel looked slimmer and more gen than the new V2 one, V2 one is too thick. It's just a little bit slimmer than PPF one but still too thick. See for yourself:

V1 3K: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IE6zcKH3Xk&t=117s
V2 3K: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcTJpJCnk1s

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
From my research Old 3K V1 bezel looked slimmer and more gen than the new V2 one, V2 one is too thick. It's just a little bit slimmer than PPF one but still too thick. See for yourself:

V1 3K: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IE6zcKH3Xk&t=117s
V2 3K: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcTJpJCnk1s

I am talking about the latest batch . The bezel is different from previous v2. the bezel is thinner . Like the v1 u show. But anyhow the bezel is a lucky draw. 3k bezel is not constant . Its batch to batch. Mine is near perfect

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I am talking about the latest batch . The bezel is different from previous v2. the bezel is thinner . Like the v1 u show. But anyhow the bezel is a lucky draw. 3k bezel is not constant . Its batch to batch. Mine is near perfect

This is mine, wich bezel version is it?
jwlyOY.jpg
need watch just for base. I'll put on Buff dial + hands + dw.

Last edited:
Reactions: grillbrill

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
This is mine, wich bezel version is it?
jwlyOY.jpg
need watch just for base. I'll put on Buff dial + hands + dw.

This one looks alright bro. It already does look thinner then most bezel. Do my quick bezel polish mod then it should good enough IMO.
by the way, i have never seen this version of 3k before. The dial is changed to box version. I wonder how the color is .

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13

u see this polish bevel at the edge. Just polish that part more, then in real life it will look very close to gen.

Reactions: benissimo

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
This one looks alright bro. It already does look thinner then most bezel. Do my quick bezel polish mod then it should good enough IMO.
by the way, i have never seen this version of 3k before. The dial is changed to box version. I wonder how the color is .

It’s been around for a while, and the dial is not good, it’s like the buff dial, way to harsh sunburst effect

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
It’s been around for a while, and the dial is not good, it’s like the buff dial, way to harsh sunburst effect

Buff in real life looks very good actually. His picture are photoshopped. It looks very different in real life.

Reactions: Deadpool

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Buff in real life looks very good actually. His picture are photoshopped. It looks very different in real life.

I got a buff dial, a PPF v4 and 2 gen dials, and imo the buff dial is not useable. The only positive thing is the hour markers (And they are even a bit to rounded)

Reactions: BlackJaguar

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I got a buff dial, a PPF v4 and 2 gen dials, and imo the buff dial is not useable. The only positive thing is the hour markers (And they are even a bit to rounded)

Sure bro? I have buff dial...seems to be very good. Is it so far from gen?

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13

Can you do a group shoot for us . Very interested!!

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
It’s of course up to the beholder, and what you like to look at, I personally would not use the Buff dial. IMO the best you could to at the moment if you don’t want to go gen, if PPF v4 with buff markers. (We are putting one of those together atm)

We are doing a build with a gen dial for me, I’ll do a review of both builds when they are done

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
It’s of course up to the beholder, and what you like to look at, I personally would not use the Buff dial. IMO the best you could to at the moment if you don’t want to go gen, if PPF v4 with buff markers. (We are putting one of those together atm)

We are doing a build with a gen dial for me, I’ll do a review of both builds when they are done

Thanks for the comparisons buddy! Do you think for the box versions of the gen dials would the color be close to buff?

Because the color buff was trying to achieve was the box dial colors. And that itself has variations as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13

Thank you so much for sharing bro! Great pictures!
as i have seen a few gen, I believe gen have different color variations in different years production. Some are lighter like yours , some are way darker. I recall on the ppf v4 thread someone post a side by side of different blue gen.

Reactions: 2841

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU

Can you please make and post a short video of your gen dial from different angle and/or in different lighting conditions if possible? I have both PPFv4 and Buff dials. They are way different from each other and I personally like both of them that's why I've had / will have them built into two watch. I'm curious to see your gen dial in a video.

Tobel

6/7/17

Thanks for sharing bro and congrats on the project. However I have to agree with alvinado , you are comparing boxed (post 2019) rep dials with a non boxed (pre 2019) gen dial, but they are not supposed to have the same colour.

I'm sure the end result will look great but it doesn't tell which rep dial is closest to gen

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Thanks for the comparisons buddy! Do you think for the box versions of the gen dials would the color be close to buff?

Because the color buff was trying to achieve was the box dial colors. And that itself has variations as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The color difference between Gen box and non boxed is not that big. But what none of them have, is that harsh sunbust like the buff dial. So again, i would still go PPF v4 any day of the week :)