• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5711 Nautilus Modder/Factory - BUFF?

Riverwind85

26/4/18
Thanks! The price is terrific. I got a quote for a full platinum daytona with gen dial for less…
The case in gold is radically overpriced, just because it is a nautilus I think

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Sharing my opinion...
For people on the fence, don't buy the BUFF dial and BUFF hands combo. The lume in the BUFF hands is way too strong. In outside natural sunlight settings, the hands become too green within a sec and then the watch face looks so ugly (too green hands and white dial indices) that you will take it off your wrist. In indoor settings and artificial/LED light, the lume matches but natural sunlight is a different case. I really hope BUFF fixes this soon.

I just got the watch from Peggy and have already re-packed it to send it back unless there is a solution to this issue.

Deadpool

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/12/17
Sharing my opinion...
For people on the fence, don't buy the BUFF dial and BUFF hands combo. The lume in the BUFF hands is way too strong. In outside natural sunlight settings, the hands become too green within a sec and then the watch face looks so ugly (too green hands and white dial indices) that you will take it off your wrist. In indoor settings and artificial/LED light, the lume matches but natural sunlight is a different case. I really hope BUFF fixes this soon.

I just got the watch from Peggy and have already re-packed it to send it back unless there is a solution to this issue.

The spotting on the dial is obvious or just under the sun? I'm hoping it's photography artifacts.

h.pagani158

22/6/21
Those don’t look like buff hands though…sounds like you paid for a Prado rep of a Prada only to get a Pratu instead. Repworld is so cutthroat holycow, buying a fake only to get faked by a fake of a fake lol where is the civility?

And just FYI my 2011 gen 5711 was similar where the lume of the hands always outlasted the markers; not at the intensity like your pic but noticeable.

Sharing my opinion...

jwz4R8.jpg

Last edited:

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
Sharing my opinion...

Gen 5711 are the same. The hands are more green. Just alot of picture u see online are photoshop.

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
Sharing my opinion...

Gen hands have stronger lume then dial as the line indices are bigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13

unless you have the 330mvt 5711 newer year. Which pp change to c1 white lume. Otherwise buff hands is correct for 324mvt 5711z

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU

unless you have the 330mvt 5711 newer year. Which pp change to c1 white lume. Otherwise buff hands is correct for 324mvt 5711z

Regardless how gens look like in real life, this level of mismatching lume bothers me

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
What is this crown mod you refer to on the 3KF?

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
Regardless how gens look like in real life, this level of mismatching lume bothers me

Lol as long as you are happy with your watch bro. I agree now everything on gen is best.
but just as topic , best rep is made to look as close as gen , so i guess the green hand did what it supposed to do.

Reactions: GMTII Cali

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
Lol as long as you are happy with your watch bro. I agree now everything on gen is best.
but just as topic , best rep is made to look as close as gen , so i guess the green hand did what it supposed to do.

Guys just enjoy what we have. We were asking for a dial that’s gen like and we got it. Until the next better mod comes (caliber 330 with hacking) let’s just enjoy this piece first!

Reactions: Garuda

Deadpool

9/12/17
Guys just enjoy what we have. We were asking for a dial that’s gen like and we got it. Until the next better mod comes (caliber 330 with hacking) let’s just enjoy this piece first!

I'd rather they work on the case details before the movement. Hehe.

I am planning to get a white dial 5711 should I just get a stock 3KF V2 or do you think I should go for the full Buff treatment?

I am not sure how big a diff is the case refinshing and crown shortening as I can't see a big diff from the photos posted.

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13

I am planning to get a white dial 5711 should I just get a stock 3KF V2 or do you think I should go for the full Buff treatment?

I am not sure how big a diff is the case refinshing and crown shortening as I can't see a big diff from the photos posted.

New 3k case upgrade better bezel. its pretty close to newer version gen. BP is closer to older version gen. the rest of buff case mod does make it more gen like. For the crown, he did mod the whole crown shape, but its not much thinned. But again , not all gen have super thin crown. Since gen have various version of crown guard shape as well.

Deadpool

9/12/17
New 3k case upgrade better bezel. its pretty close to newer version gen. BP is closer to older version gen. the rest of buff case mod does make it more gen like. For the crown, he did mod the whole crown shape, but its not much thinned. But again , not all gen have super thin crown. Since gen have various version of crown guard shape as well.

Thanks for the info. Seems like for the white dial version I should go for stock 3KF. Save some money. Hehehe

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU

I'm not fully satisfied with the case of any stock or modded 3KF 5711 I've seen. I'm getting an experienced modder to modify my stock 3KF blue and green reps to gen liike. If he succeeds then I'll post the result. Until then I'm not sure if a Buff treatment on a white 5711 would satisfy you

Reactions: Deadpool

Deadpool

9/12/17
I'm not fully satisfied with the case of any stock or modded 3KF 5711 I've seen. I'm getting an experienced modder to modify my stock 3KF blue and green reps to gen liike. If he succeeds then I'll post the result. Until then I'm not sure if a Buff treatment on a white 5711 would satisfy you

You are right! I'll make plans for the stock 3kf in white after the chinese new year holiday and see how it goes from there.

I wish you all the best in the mods!!!

ubi_dubi

4/10/07
Upon further inspection of my own watch today as the sun was out I have noticed a few more faults with my buff watch as even the dial is scratched, no idea how this was missed on their end

Fairly disappointed to say the least, but I guess from the current thread I fared better than those who went through peggy.

and can someone confirm this is a "full" buff handset? Thanks!