• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory New Submariner Series Review (Incl. Comparison Pics vs Gen)

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
It’d make more sense to wait until someone with a clue has both samples and compares this Zzf replica of the vsf clasp and the ARF clasp or whatever lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
It’d make more sense to wait until someone with a clue has both samples and compares this Zzf replica of the vsf clasp and the ARF clasp or whatever lol.

And if it's found to not be 904 L, what then?

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
I see some satisfied zf owners but aside from that trying to compare a zf vs a cf v4 head to head is very difficult. I understand your objections to the business but what exactly is bad about cf subs and what is so great about zf? If it was considerably better and a super rep then there would be a huge following of owners and hype like there was with vsf right?
There are us who bought zf and are happy but ultimately the vsf won out on price. The zf is better than clean because of the crystal for a start, and clean just doesn't win in any significant area against the price dropped zf

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jayalvin777

MtnMover

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/7/21
The zf is better than clean because of the crystal for a start, and clean just doesn't win in any significant area against the price dropped zf

I wish there was more macro comparison that demonstrated the strong points of the ZF but it's $90usd more than the CF and as page 1 of this post shows the v4 has come quite a long way. Even more so if it's genuinely 904L and on an ARF bracelet it's very strong out of the box, in theory. I'll try to read up on the zf more while I'm waiting for QCP of the clean though.

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
inty.
Even a program for a machine like a indexing CNC spark erosion engraver, water jet or laser engraving can be passed around to others or bought. Let’s face it we don’t know exactly wtf goes on over there. I’m not saying these factories arnt dodgy I’m only looking at the more innocent aspect.

This is not how things work in China, most of factories have exclusive contracts with their providers, if the parts would be coming from the same factory the produces vsf parts there wouldn't discrepancies between the parts. What i post is just a visual example but this trick was found in over 30 watches just from one dealer. Take Liaoning factory for example they're producing the vs3235, vs 3135 and the st4350 (noob 4130) movement, they don't sell no any factory but the ones that have a contract with. Big bosses always try to secure exclusibe deals. Because this is what puts you ahead of competition.

None of this fsctories are innocent, just so you have an example in China not long ago a new factory emerged that is now claiming to be noob, this fake noob factory has become the best selling submariner factory, they manufacture and sell over 60k subs a month. In China a lot people just look at srial numbers an clssp codes to determine from where thr watch comes from. People had this innocent mentality like you do and that is why clean keep finessing people.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
And if it's found to not be 904 L, what then?

Who’s going to test it and what equipment will they use to do so. Yeah I know it’s been done before here and I’ve done it myself with Chemical testing but what I tested also was magnetic… real good quality 904L should not become magnetic no matter how much cold working is done to it.

let’s face it, it’s a replica not a 10k watch so in the grand scheme of things are people really that worried about the ductility of there $100 bracelet or complete watch for some reason. There’s is some expensive equipment that can tell us what’s what but a proper lab test is the most conclusive type of test and who’s going to bother. I get the fact that false advertising is offensive but these factories all
Do it we just don’t catch them every time.

Rolex lies to us all anyway by stating it’s an alloy specific to Rolex and called it oystersteel lol Come on this is bullshit!. Great marketing, 904L has been around way before Rolex decided to utilise it… yeah Rolex make their own 904L but if Rolex actually owned their own patented alloy it wouldn’t t be called 904L because these numbers and letters determine it’s chemical composition and it already existed and has been used in nuclear powers stations and other applications for decades.

Omega used and experimented with it back in the 70’s with their ploprof range and called it Uranus steel but didn’t really market it like Rolex have.

Reactions: DRBARAKAT

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
This is not how things work in China, most of factories have exclusive contracts with their providers .

Interesting points.

However, I’m Not sure if the contracts are worth anything, when dealing with the manufacture of illegal goods in China.

It’s Not like VSF can call the police if the supplier breaches a contract.

Also the contract is presumably linked to noob/vsf etc buying x amount per month. If they stop production and can’t buy anymore...then presumably there is a breach of contract and thus the supplier can terminate it. Who knows. Just guessing.

Reactions: mnkoshka

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
People had this innocent mentality like you do and that is why clean keep finessing people.

im not saying anyone Is wrong but personally I’m not to bothered I’ve got more important things to worry about. If a good rep is manufactured I don’t really care where, how or what ethics were trampled on to do so, in the end these guys are all participating in unethical practices as it’s illegal lol. I do however like to get what Im paying for so I understand where you’re coming from.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
In all honesty, whether it’s Chinese grade 316 or Chinese grade 904, is it really that big of a drama? The price difference is probably only $20usd....the rest is just marketing.

We’re buying fake watches, the whole thing is shady.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Exactly! Theres FA difference in price to be worried about at this point. There’s also many flaws to identify it as a rep bracelet before noticing it’s not 904

Last edited:
Reactions: GreatWhite

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
In all honesty, whether it’s Chinese grade 316 or Chinese grade 904, is it really that big of a drama? The price difference is probably only $20usd....the rest is just marketing.

Exactly people will call it out as a rep bracelet due to many other flaws before even guessing wether or not it’s 904

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹

It is not about whether the cost is 20 or 30$ more or less, it about people not getting what they paying for. Exactly is just marketing that's why people keep buying clean watches and we are im a watch forum, the point of the forum is to share information about watches and the factories manufacturing, we all know were buying replicas from. Illegal companies. You completely missed the point of my post. You're trying to arguing for the sake of arguing but without bring any useful opinion or information to thr conversation.

Reactions: Time_Wizard

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
I think one can only have a look at comparison pics and then judge from the reviews, whether or not to buy a specific factory's watch. No point in endless debating over miniscule details.

Here's some pics of the latest CF. Looks amazing, no cg issue (at least not for me), winds buttery smooth, 1ld bracelet feels gen (after spa treatment).

Omega

Known Member
8/5/09
I think one can only have a look at comparison pics and then judge from the reviews, whether or not to buy a specific factory's watch. No point in endless debating over miniscule details.

Here's some pics of the latest CF. Looks amazing, no cg issue (at least not for me), winds buttery smooth, 1ld bracelet feels gen (after spa treatment).

I think CF produces the best ceramic sub rep. Just the insert alone is worth the reason to get this. All other factory font looks like shxt with pale dark grey color or white color insert.

Reactions: Doc.77

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
I think CF produces the best ceramic sub rep. Just the insert alone is worth the reason to get this. All other factory font looks like shxt with pale dark grey color or white color insert.

No need to quote all the photos to say that and for what is worth most of subs reps use clean insert so no really a selling point there, out of all the subs, clean has the worst bezel teeth, they just look garbage compare to zf, vsf and gen. You can see that on the hulk thread made by puretime. They never get bezel teeth properly the gmt has the same problem.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
It is not about whether the cost is 20 or 30$ more or less, it about people not getting what they paying for. Exactly is just marketing that's why people keep buying clean watches and we are im a watch forum, the point of the forum is to share information about watches and the factories manufacturing, we all know were buying replicas from. Illegal companies. You completely missed the point of my post. You're trying to arguing for the sake of arguing but without bring any useful opinion or information to thr conversation.

Sorry. Didn’t mean to offend you.

Sent from the RWI App

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Itto very nice matey, these recent Clean Subs are slowly getting better. Why they can’t just do that from day one like VSF instead of all this v1,2,3,4s crap. This isn’t an iPhone. They are at it again with their GMT’s now. (Ok I know why.. it’s because they want to sell you 4 of them, good for them, sucks for us).

Reactions: Itto