• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory New Submariner Series Review (Incl. Comparison Pics vs Gen)

c.dimitri

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/11/19
Hey guys,

Why don’t you enjoy your CF no date or date you have and try to find each and every day something that „ruin your day“. It is a replica for about 450-500 €. So there will always be some „deviations“ in comparison to the gen. These will be in the next version(s), either!

If you are not an staff member at a Rolex AD or so... who do you think will recognize any/the difference(s)?!? By the way, „you don't give a Rolex out of your hand“, right?

And if you have a CF no date then it is even more difficult to see the differences. At least two less!

So enjoy life, enjoy your CF and there will always be another Rolex for sale. Happy is the man who presses the "buy" button without regret. Nobody ever died from owning too many watches.

I love my CF no date and for me it is „on fire“!!

3c915810ef8de6a4cce4aa2fb136581a.jpg

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
..and the watches used in the comparison don't match, these are 124060 and a 116610..

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
I'd disagree and say gen Sub CG's have remained the same throughout the 116610 lifetime. I have never ever seen any mention of a change on TRF ever and I have been reading every day since 2007 nor have I ever seen a 116 Sub with anything other than the CG's that I'm used to looking at.

It would be my opinion that gen LV you have used in your comparison has been polished and the CG edges (and bezel scallops) have been softened, so it does indeed look more like Clean which is still not quite there if compared to an unpolished example.

TRF is not the end all judge of knowledge, in fact I found much more accurate observations on here than TRF over the last 10-15 years. Especially being sold rep parts over there by so called experts that couldn’t even tell the difference between rep and gen. I work in the industry and understand the fundamentals of production and how this industry changes. I’m not going to bother debating as I don’t really care that much but if I used my works 3D scanning system that creates a CNC program to measure with great accuracy for purpose of shortcutting other than Measuring manually I’m going to trust that more than someones calibrated eyeball. this technology is expensive an accurate. how many gen subs have you owned? And from what years?
people that think Rolex hasn’t refined or changed processes over the years are fooling themselves and have little idea of how things work in the world of manufacturing. these changes happen due advances in tooling technology, materials, procedure and the fact some design and process engineers make changes simply to justify their existence. The overall finish of Rolex’s has gotten much better over the last 10 years
FYI
The hulk sub in my photo is a brand new watch advertised in 2013. And back then the finish on a sub case or any Rolex case was slightly different to what it is now due to the points I raised earlier. Theses watches still also have a manually finished aspect to them and human error creates variances even using the calibrated lapping machines at the factory. No sub is identical to the micron on the outside for these reasons. These factories are starting to implement 5 AXIS CNC polishing procedures which will cancel out error and refine the case finishing even more in the future.., leading to sharper refunded edgesand contours. I’ve also seen at least 3 different bezel inserts on the 116613lb since it started production, from slight colour variance to different depth engravings and the quality of those engravings, I’ve measured them for my own satisfaction but people stomp up and down when they hear otherwise because they’ve looked at 1000 pictures of the same watch.
I guess I like to nitpick at these things as well and I go to lengths to prove them To myself as I have the ability to do so. just by looking at something is totally different to measurement and the eye is the biggest offender of creating a false sense of observation.
It’s pretty much what half these threads are about and we go back and forth pointlessly. I’m happy with my findings and I’m satisfied
I’m not trying to change anyone’s personal opinion I’m just explaining my personal observations using more than just my eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Sub crown guards did not change on a 116610 which ran from 2010 to 2020. They changed in late 2020 when the new 126610 series came out. How many gen subs have I owned? About 20 odd would be a guess, too many to count.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Sub crown guards did not change on a 116610 which ran from 2010 to 2020. They changed in late 2020 when the new 126610 series came out. How many gen subs have I owned? About 20 odd would be a guess, too many to count.

Whatever bro It doesn’t really matter I’ll just go get my 100k 3d modelling equipment recalibrated because it wrong show me your calibrated measurements
Even I worked for Rolex you still would believe me

2019 and 2013. Tighter radius on the 2019 buy nearly 0.1 mm. Tiny difference yes but it’s there

anyway back to the original topic, cf crown guards have gotten better in the latest batch.

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Whatever bro It doesn’t really matter I’ll just go get my 100k 3d modelling equipment recalibrated because it wrong show me your calibrated measurements
Even I worked for Rolex you still would believe me

2019 and 2013. Tighter radius on the 2019 buy nearly 0.1 mm. Tiny difference yes but it’s there

anyway back to the original topic, cf crown guards have gotten better in the latest batch.

Having just looked over some old 116610 pics, I now think you are right. :drinks:

Reactions: mnkoshka

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
Thanks friend!! I use some protections to protect the bracelet, but the plating holds up well.

Very nice. Wear it well my friend. I might pull the trigger on this watch someday. I am bombard with Rolex ads in back of magazines with the two-tone blue dial subbie :drool:​​​​​

Just pulled the trigger on the CF no date sub. I can't wait to get it, according to Trusty they won't have stock towards end of August.

Reactions: Giellea

BoobBandit

resident fallguy
24/5/21
wouldn’t you like to know
TRF is not the end all judge of knowledge, in fact I found much more accurate observations on here than TRF over the last 10-15 years. Especially being sold rep parts over there by so called experts that couldn’t even tell the difference between rep and gen. I work in the industry and understand the fundamentals of production and how this industry changes. I’m not going to bother debating as I don’t really care that much but if I used my works 3D scanning system that creates a CNC program to measure with great accuracy for purpose of shortcutting other than Measuring manually I’m going to trust that more than someones calibrated eyeball. this technology is expensive an accurate. how many gen subs have you owned? And from what years?
people that think Rolex hasn’t refined or changed processes over the years are fooling themselves and have little idea of how things work in the world of manufacturing. these changes happen due advances in tooling technology, materials, procedure and the fact some design and process engineers make changes simply to justify their existence. The overall finish of Rolex’s has gotten much better over the last 10 years
FYI
The hulk sub in my photo is a brand new watch advertised in 2013. And back then the finish on a sub case or any Rolex case was slightly different to what it is now due to the points I raised earlier. Theses watches still also have a manually finished aspect to them and human error creates variances even using the calibrated lapping machines at the factory. No sub is identical to the micron on the outside for these reasons. These factories are starting to implement 5 AXIS CNC polishing procedures which will cancel out error and refine the case finishing even more in the future.., leading to sharper refunded edgesand contours. I’ve also seen at least 3 different bezel inserts on the 116613lb since it started production, from slight colour variance to different depth engravings and the quality of those engravings, I’ve measured them for my own satisfaction but people stomp up and down when they hear otherwise because they’ve looked at 1000 pictures of the same watch.
I guess I like to nitpick at these things as well and I go to lengths to prove them To myself as I have the ability to do so. just by looking at something is totally different to measurement and the eye is the biggest offender of creating a false sense of observation.
It’s pretty much what half these threads are about and we go back and forth pointlessly. I’m happy with my findings and I’m satisfied
I’m not trying to change anyone’s personal opinion I’m just explaining my personal observations using more than just my eye.

Chun Li also doesn’t believe shop drawings exist. Go figure on that one

Last edited:
Reactions: mnkoshka

shel504

Renowned Member
26/5/20
Anyone else's Clean sub feel very rough when winding? Works great and keeps good time, but much rougher feel when winding it compared to any of my other watches.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Chun Li also doesn’t believe shop drawings exist. Go figure on that one

When did I say that? You were going on about wanting to see drawings for the Pepsi bezel.. I said show me shop drawing for any Rolex parts? Do you have access to these, I'm still waiting on that?

Breastman here makes up shit about features that don't exist to suit his own narrative.. he was saying there was a run of Pepsi with a different bezel and was going on about needing to see shop drawings to prove him otherwise. He twisted that into I don't believe shop drawings exist. The guy has nothing but negativity to offer.

BoobBandit

resident fallguy
24/5/21
wouldn’t you like to know
That’s bs dude. Whatever man. I did not make outlandish claims. I said we didn’t know for sure unless.

What is over the top about that statement?

Rusty_Shackleford

15/4/21
Anyone else's Clean sub feel very rough when winding? Works great and keeps good time, but much rougher feel when winding it compared to any of my other watches.

How old is yours?

mine was startling brand new.
Good after a week.
after a month now it’s buttery smooth.

Rusty_Shackleford

15/4/21
Only a couple months old, but only worn it a couple times. Thanks, I'll watch for it to improve hopefully.

Oh ok yeah. Mines been running constantly. Like any machine the parts just have to mate slightly, I think.

MtnMover

31/7/21
Do I seriously need to scrutinize QCP of a 116610 that I just purchased from a TD THAT CLOSELY to make sure it's not a knockoff marketed as a CF?! Yikes.

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Nitpicking over a .00001 different radius curve over a rep’s crown guard, difficult to catch and compare on macro pics and yet gets called “instant tell”, “unwearable” and so on.

Are you guys high or something?
I think I need whatever you smoking

Snil

Certified
18/8/20
Nordic
Just got QC for a 114060 CF and it had 7GJ code on the bracelet clasp, that is the same code that I have on my 116610 VSF I bought last year. Do CF not use ARF bracelets anymore?

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Just got QC for a 114060 CF and it had 7GJ code on the bracelet clasp, that is the same code that I have on my 116610 VSF I bought last year. Do CF not use ARF bracelets anymore?

The cousin of clean boss, who is in charge of producing parts have decided to take advantage that vsf is laying low and they started to manufacture some watches with vsf serial number and also vsf clasp codes. Here are the proof of that. I would say
for the time beinf stay away of buying clean subs.

Reactions: Snil