• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Daily (Cigar) Report. What did you Smoke Last Night?

Winemaker

I'm Pretty Popular
4/9/10
Today, Por Larrañaga Regional
4c67c9b6-bdfa-823a.jpg

SRower003

18/11/09
Cuban Montecristo #2 that I had been saving for 3 years!
Sooo mellow.

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
I've got a Gurkha Black Beauty that I've been saving in the humi for 4 years now...gonna smoke it on my wedding night, whenever that rolls around.

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
From Cigar.com...

"Verdadero Organic is an excellent cigar consisting of 100% organically grown fillers hailing from the virgin soils at the base of the Mombacho Volcano in Granada, Nicaragua."

Mild to medium bodied. Very smooth with lot's of creamy smoke. The Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper gives a hint of pepper and nuts but all in all it's pretty mild. What is unique is the heavy raisin sweetness and aroma that develops from the last half of the stick. A good yard gar'.

15454346-b29

15454351-6e8

15454354-8de

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
Wow $70 a box? That's 5 Vegas money, and dirt cheap. Maybe I'll grab a fiver of them...

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
I thought I'd give this Pepin I've been hangin on to for a while a go while at the cabin this weekend. What can I say, another disappointment. :(

DSC_0059Copy.jpg

Some other Pepin lines I've tried have been fantastic. This smoke was full of dry and hot favors even though it's been at 70 & 70 for over a year. Although this suggests poor construction, this cigar is simply beautiful!

DSC_0060Copy.jpg

Look at this classic triple cap. Pure Cuban design. But, unfortunately not so pure Cuban flavor.......on to the next one.

CSC_0062Copy.jpg

tflgee

1/9/09
The wife took the kids to Knott's, so I am spending the afternoon with Johnny Walker and the Patel Bros. This is the first time I've tried this stick. I got it in a sampler pack. This one is a little stronger than I usually like. Strong! Lots of Cocoa, Coffee and leather. Peppery at first but that went away in the first inch. It did require a lot of attention and the ash tended to flower out a bit. If you like em full bodied this ain't a bad stick for the price. And the Johnny green ain't bad neither.

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
And we have a winner. Thank God for a great cigar once in a while. This cigar is one of the most balanced blends I have ever smoked. Reminds me alot of a Monte #2. Medium body, great leathery and ceader notes.

Great f#*king cigar.......awsome! Pepin can make a great cigar. ;)

IMGP4593.jpg

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
Tflgee, those Patel Bros. smokes are awesome, at least the two that I've had. Great construction and even burn.

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
And we have a winner. Thank God for a great cigar once in a while. This cigar is one of the most balanced blends I have ever smoked. Reminds me alot of a Monte #2. Medium body, great leathery and ceader notes.

Great f#*king cigar.......awsome! Pepin can make a great cigar. ;)

IMGP4593.jpg

+1 The Pete Johnson and Don Pepin Garcia collaborations (Tatuaje) are my favorites. Many aficionados consider Jose Pepin Garcia to be the Cuban "maestro tabaquero".

My ALL TIME favorite smoke, Cabaiguan. Only two people in the world roll these so they are hard to come by and about $10 or $12 a stick, which ain't all that bad.

Looking to try their newer brands, Ambos Mundos and El Triunfador. Will post my impressions here, unless someone beats me to it. ;)

PANERA

I'm Pretty Popular
27/11/06
Hoyo de monterrey epicure no.2

Medium bodied but with a full flavour. Sweet spice on the palate combined with cedar and cream. Floral Lavender overtones. Just a great cigar

pi_3526.jpeg

JamDot

I'm Pretty Popular
22/6/11
A little harsh from the synthetic wrapper, dry and leathery with a hint of blue berry, bubble gum and brocolli...pretty good construction and burn...

GEDC0426.JPG

how_to_roll_a_blunt.jpg