• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

One Day Late - ZF 116610 LV & LN

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I agree with recent comments re price, but I think ultimately, the market will decide. I suspect RXF is selling like hotcakes at it's more sensible price. VSF will probably sell well too if it's in that price bracket as anticipated.

The Noob v11 and this watch may well struggle (on the face of it) and may end up in 6 months time as $200 specials like earlier Noob iterations have become.

Reactions: muiramas

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I assume I'm in the pool of people you'r referring to as I posted what a joke this is, so allow me to politely reply to you.

It's not entitlement -- it's simply a relationship with consumer and provider. As consumers we are not entitled to them not screwing us with no condom, but in turn they are not entitled to our money. Which is just what you said. However the difference in our philosophy is you think for some reason we're not allowed to state so. This is an internet forum for replicas and for us to converse about what's new with replicas and what we like and don't like. Users like me who simply say this is borderline scamming in today's replica market is not "entitlement" -- it's us expressing our opinion. Calling people who don't suck off every new release thread entitled is an argument on bad faith, due to the fact that our criticism is constructive and not at all out of line with what we expect for our money.

Stating that other factories give more quality for less money is not entitlement, it's giving constructive feedfback. Secondly, ZZF is asking for a lot as well. They're not angels in this. However even with that said, that comparison is a false equivalcency as ZF is even more egregious by charging 30 dollars more for their Hulk for less quality. It seems like every iteration is 30 dollars more per new release. In two years time, given how factories work where they take 2 steps forward and then 2 steps backward (whether it's on purpose or not is another matter) we'll end up with the same quality watch as today for $690-720 dollars and into Daytona prices.

So again, you calling users entitled for what is constructive criticism is ridiculous and flimsy. And yes, users will vote with their wallets, and RXF/VSF seems to be holding the market for future releases IMO considering their price points.

I wasn’t referring to anyone in particular. I was referring to the number of drive-bys based on some low res images quickly snapped on a phone.

I think the ire directed at aTD for sharing development and early release pics is also misplaced. They have a business to run, and Angus isn’t the only salesman in the world. How often do we see ‘best edition’ ‘1:1k ‘super clone’... and I’m not just taking about reps - I’m talking about every product.

I’ve also seen very little ‘constructive criticism’. Just had a flick back through the thread - none actually.

Sure, it’s expensive. So in the Noob GMT and that really is garbage.

Last edited:

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I agree with recent comments re price, but I think ultimately, the market will decide. I suspect RXF is selling like hotcakes at it's more sensible price. VSF will probably sell well too if it's in that price bracket as anticipated.

The Noob v11 and this watch may well struggle (on the face of it) and may end up in 6 months time as $200 specials like earlier Noob iterations have become.

This, they made way too many, because they wanted to ride the wave of their fame, not thinking that someone who made better watches than them would appear (ex. ZZF/ RXF /VSF) and since they made so much stock they are trying to clear it by discounting it, and hurrying and scrambling to get a new release (with no noticeable improvement) out in time.

I can't quite get ZF's business model, it's their first sub, and they release it at a whopping 558? I hope to see better pics soon

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I wasn’t referring to anyone in particular. I was referring to the number of drive-bys based on some low res images quickly snapped on a phone.

I think the ire directed at aTD for sharing development and early release pics is also misplaced. They have a business to run, and Angus isn’t the only salesman in the world. How often do we see ‘best edition’ ‘1:1k ‘super clone’... and I’m not just taking about reps - I’m talking about every product.

I’ve also seen very little ‘constructive criticism’. Just had a flick back through the thread - none actually.

I think stating that other factories provide better quality watches for less money is fairly constructive for ZF to reconsider their future releases.

Also, what's the difference in us calling the ZF release bad (for the money) and expensive and the Noob GMT bad and expensive?

Last edited:
Reactions: mari115

vik2001

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/14
To many subs hitting the market. Which one is gna be the best out of the box? For me personally its about the best movement as i would want it to last me a while

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think

Well that's the point, releasing a 650$ gmt with a time bomb movement is quite the crappy move, and i only mentioned the "internal" problem, let's leave aside the crayon colored insert

Last edited:

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
To many subs hitting the market. Which one is gna be the best out of the box? For me personally its about the best movement as i would want it to last me a while

then go for the RXF i guess, the 2824 is a work horse and it's cheap to fix / replace

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19

RXF is VSF, same factory releases both models

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
RXF is VSF, same factory releases both models

I know, and it's been said that the VSF labelled version will be $50 more for the 3135 movement - but things change so let's wait and see.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I think stating that other factories provide better quality watches for less money is fairly constructive for ZF to reconsider their future releases.

And I think that’s quite a premature statement to make based only on the bad pics in the OP, and when no one has even handled it yet.

And also - slightly less money - let’s not forget the difference isn’t that much. I agree, it’s expensive - but so is everything in this hobby right now. Noob V11 - $518 and not exactly NWBIG either... We applaud RXF for their sub, but why shit on ZF when every other big factory is at $500+ right now?

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
And I think that’s quite a premature statement to make based only on the bad pics in the OP, and when no one has even handled it yet.

And also - slightly less money - let’s not forget the difference isn’t that much. I agree, it’s expensive - but so is everything in this hobby right now. Noob V11 - $518 and not exactly NWBIG either... We applaud RXF for their sub, but why shit on ZF when every other big factory is at $500+ right now?

The pictures tell enough to justify the reaction IMO. It's not like it's taken by a potato. Bringing up Noob is fallacious Whataboutism, it does not detract from my main argument. To humour that point, Noob is just as lame for upping the price, however I don't think anyone really cares about Noob either. They rely on their name to sell but they're pretty much out the picture as far as new models go. People tend to look at ARF, ZZF and now RXF. There's a reason so many Noobs go on sale. Plus I have definitely seen people call the Noob v11 trash for the extra money here so I don't even think that argument applies. The main point however is that people are tired of seeing prices increase steadily for two steps sideways upgrades. ZF is the latest to do so and gets the most flak, you can guarantee if ZZF releases a dud like this for more money people will be upset at them as well. There's nothing personal against ZF.

Last edited:
Reactions: mari115

rjk1

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/13
the crystal clearly has that awful hazy blue effect, so that's the instant tell disqualifying this as a good OOB rep. At this price they really fell short.

Reactions: lrnz and mari115

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Bringing up Noob is fallacious Whataboutism, it does not detract from my main argument.

‘fallacious whataboutism’?

I was responding to you saying ‘other factories’. So you really meant ‘other factories except Noob.’? So not ARF or ZZF either?