• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
Subdials are slightly to thin, subdial numbers are not placed correctly towards the bottom. And the red Daytona text is to high on the dial (but so is noob) ARF did do a dial with perfect proportions some months ago, but then the took a step back. Both dials where labeled as v.2

noob v.2.2 and v.4 has perfect sized subdials and the subdial numbers are placed correctly. (But the 5 lines of text is horrible on both)

Thanks, would like your opinion on this dial, it’s a
n ARF V2 I was told, but not sure if like you said it has thinner subdials. Printing is definitely better than Noob V3 or V4. Don’t have a better picture.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Thanks, would like your opinion on this dial, it’s a
n ARF V2 I was told, but not sure if like you said it has thinner subdials. Printing is definitely better than Noob V3 or V4. Don’t have a better picture.

Yep, that’s one of the good ones? Do you want to sell it? PM me

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
...Aaand.. The printing still sucks folks.

Stick with arf dials. They’re MILES better than Noob’s.

shotgun

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
5/6/12
EU
ARF dial is the best in the rep market...

Futzorr

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/8/19
EU
Just received my QC for V4 (not looking for validations if its good or not, im GL this)

Just sharing this so people have more pictures to compare with.

I think the SEL looks good on this one. The sundials are also good. Not sure which is better CF bezel or this one or if equally good.
DAYTONA red printing looks better than V3 but still has improvement to do. ROLEX and the 4 lines underneath are not as good as I'd hoped them to be. ARF is in my opinion little better - but not by a far.

Overall im satisfied. Hands im not concerned about as im swapping them with GEN

Futzorr

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/8/19
EU
Heres a GEN dial.

Just to show not even ROLEX makes them perfect.

Look at the F in "OFFICIALLY"

Reactions: Congo123

McPeace

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/20
Heres a GEN dial.

Just to show not even ROLEX makes them perfect.

Look at the F in "OFFICIALLY"

Thank you - exactly what I said... (I have some gens). So I am not concerned about the printing on the Noob. Subdials are more important for me.

The QC pics above are really nice, looks pretty good - congrats.

Bobi01

2/2/19
Just received my QC for V4 (not looking for validations if its good or not, im GL this)

Just sharing this so people have more pictures to compare with.

I think the SEL looks good on this one. The sundials are also good. Not sure which is better CF bezel or this one or if equally good.
DAYTONA red printing looks better than V3 but still has improvement to do. ROLEX and the 4 lines underneath are not as good as I'd hoped them to be. ARF is in my opinion little better - but not by a far.

Overall im satisfied. Hands im not concerned about as im swapping them with GEN

I like new v4 bezel,tad whiter than v3 and is perfect like gen

Bobi01

2/2/19
Any sign of paint fade on your latest batch v3 bezel?

I think it looks good enough if it’s not fade any time soon.

My didnt fade yet and i clean it with ultra soft toothbrush and water from time to time..it is very genlike but only difference with v4 i think it is tad more white and that is good thing for dark enviroment in wont go too dark

McPeace

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/20
That bezel looks really good. Glad I did not order the CF one as an extra, since this looks so good.

JAW_CM

Horology Curious
14/6/20
Z36rhJ.png
Z366fo.png

Z36BuW.png

Couple of my QC photos received this morning . I’ve asked for another photo of one of the SELs but overall I’m happy. V4 seem good, main thing for me is the sub dials.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lariram and Fervid

Bobi01

2/2/19
Z36rhJ.png
Z366fo.png

Z36BuW.png

Couple of my QC photos received this morning . I’ve asked for another photo of one of the SELs but overall I’m happy. V4 seem good, main thing for me is the sub dials.

Beautiful piece,nice sels which is rare for v4
nice

Reactions: JAW_CM

Bobi01

2/2/19
Maybe someone expert can help me advice me should i do something or is it normal..when first time starting my 413 i wind like 20 crown turns and start to wear it,what i spoted is that when i wear it all day from the morning to the evening it lost like -2 or -1 and when i put it on watch stand overnight it ran like +4 overnight .... and the more days i wear it ,it runs faster and faster overnight on watch stand in flat position dial up,like first day +3,second day +4,third day +7 etc..., is it possible that it doesnt charge well when i wear it daily and i put it to sleep in the evening? It is dial up usually from 21h till the morning 08h, can i call this a issue or it is normal?
thanks in advance

Last edited:

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Maybe someone expert can help me advice me should i do something or is it normal..when first time starting my 413 i wind like 20 crown turns and start to wear it,what i spoted is that when i wear it all day from the morning to the evening it lost like -2 or -1 and when i put it on watch stand overnight it ran like +4 overnight .... and the more days i wear it ,it runs faster and faster overnight on watch stand in flat position dial up,like first day +3,second day +4,third day +7 etc..., is it possible that it doesnt charge well when i wear it daily and i put it to sleep in the evening? It is dial up usually from 21h till the morning 08h, can i call this a issue or it is normal?
thanks in advance
Just service it

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Reactions: kavorca1