• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of Clean Factory New Rep Bezel and Insert for 116610LN (vs. Gen, ARF, Noob and VRF)

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Look at the pictures and decide for yourself. I bet some people will say yes and others no.

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
I will get an insert at some point because I like the pearl, the shape of the cutouts, and the pressure fit. However I am on the fence about the platinum color after the review saying that it’s too white. In pictures it looks spot on. The paint being more filled in than gen is another issue but of less consequence to me.

I like the bezel assembly but these pictures from the side show tips that look too pointy compared to gen.

Jpme

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/2/19
Seattle, Wa USA
Just installed a CF bezel with a Gen insert on my Noob V9 with a 2.35 gasket on a Gen xtal. I had to sand the Noob retainer ring to 2.28mm.

The tooth spacing looked better on the Noob v9 bezel but, the height on the Noob bezel is way off. Far to thick.

4e5f0971f97cc74165f901b46844f770.jpg
7018ab0e91a32b1c58151e956f2a8a1e.jpg
e0b2cb0402811bc6494d03466db69278.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaHokage

Known Member
23/11/16
Received this from jtimewatch awhile back but I finally got around to installing it on my Noob V7 recently. It is not the hardest thing to do but I would suggest looking at some YouTube vids of the gen bezel process to help.

The hardest part was probably the little itty bitty parts that can come off if you do something wrong, which I did (see suggestion above to do what I should have done first, lol!) Luckily for me I worked in a clean environment with a tile floor so didn't have to spend hours searching through carpet for said itty bitty parts.

The insert itself just press fits in to the bezel, although it helps to be anal/have attention to detail to get the pip at 12 o'clock to line up as best as you can. I put the bezel in first, then lined up the insert with the aid of some tweezer to manipulate it into position, then carefully and gently used the aid of a table top to press the insert into place. Maybe one of those watch presses would have been better but I don't own one.

I feel that the most glaring flaw of the V7 was the bezel number paint would be dull/faded in certain lighting conditions and the sub is the most common gen I meet in my social circles, so I would be slightly paranoid as that is a flaw that can be spotted on the wrist. This fixed that. Picture shows CF Bezel installed, and original V7 bezel assembly off to the left.

Overall the bezel insert is way better than the V7 insert so it's worth the upgrade and is a mod I can do myself. If you own a V7 and don't feel like upgrading to a V9 or sending it off to a modder to do a paint job, this is a very good option.

Also thanks to jtimewatch for a smooth and friendly transaction

-DH
2d725b4600baa3558520424f1c2a1993.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jtimewatch

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
12/3/19
Guangzhou, China
jtimewatch Im just looking ZZF Sub on your website. If its better than other factories why its cheaper? Thanks

xartan made the point for you mate lol.
Each of these subs has its own pros and cons, so it's hard to tell who is the best one or better one, right?
About the price, I think it's not only depending the quality but many other matters. So, just let it be lower than others, it will be better for those who want to buy it, right?

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
xartan made the point for you mate lol.
Each of these subs has its own pros and cons, so it's hard to tell who is the best one or better one, right?
About the price, I think it's not only depending the quality but many other matters. So, just let it be lower than others, it will be better for those who want to buy it, right?

Sure mate. I just want to by my first rep already but my OCD doesnt allow it lol
listen, I had convo today in some other thread about waterproof. Are watches waterproof or not? Some say no some say yes. I guess you know it better.
cheers

jtimewatch

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
12/3/19
Guangzhou, China
Sure mate. I just want to by my first rep already but my OCD doesnt allow it lol
listen, I had convo today in some other thread about waterproof. Are watches waterproof or not? Some say no some say yes. I guess you know it better.
cheers

Hahaha, try to control your OCD sometimes, it’s the replica world here.

Well, about the waterproof, as we all know these are replicas, so barely no factories will give them a proper waterproof test.
From my own experiences, most of time you will be luck to have one you might can swim with or even dive with , but sometimes you got a bad one leaking water casually even you just walk in the tiny rain.

So it’s all about luck I’d like to say lol.

Reactions: Cadows and C Master

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
As jtimewatch says. Do not expose a rep to water unless you have had it tested first. Most are OK but certainly not all. Luck is the biggest factor. We are not dealing with high end QC in the rep game.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Hahaha, try to control your OCD sometimes, it’s the replica world here.

Well, about the waterproof, as we all know these are replicas, so barely no factories will give them a proper waterproof test.
From my own experiences, most of time you will be luck to have one you might can swim with or even dive with , but sometimes you got a bad one leaking water casually even you just walk in the tiny rain.

So it’s all about luck I’d like to say lol.

Shouldnt TDs test it at least for swimming before they sell it??? Who needs the watch that can stop working because of the rain? I wouldnt want it for free

shortlegs

31/5/19
Gotta have realistic expectations man.. If a tried and tested watch is what you want then reps are not for you I'm afraid. Tons of watches at similar prices to a rep that are good, reliable and waterproof.

Reactions: stufuse

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
I demand that my illegal fake toys are perfect and properly qc’ed directly from the underground factory!!! Otherwise at least the illegal TD should take each watch for a swim to test if it’s waterproof. I want what I want and I want it now!!!

Last edited:

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Shouldnt TDs test it at least for swimming before they sell it??? Who needs the watch that can stop working because of the rain? I wouldnt want it for free

No need, people will buy regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: freediver