• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ceramic submariner dial guide

D

d4m.test

@smoke, here´s the front dial
image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

Beautiful! That would look great in my early batch v6s ;)

velox

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/5/15
It truly looks amazing in the sun :) Just wished noob would do better green inserts, damn . . .

D

d4m.test

It truly looks amazing in the sun :) Just wished noob would do better green inserts, damn . . .

Yea you just have to find a good one. Mine with Smoke's paint mod would be pretty decent.

89def427e72368e88da08dc3b536c127.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Yubb guess so but will try to hold on too it and gather some more gen parts. Might take time thou. Its both dirty and it has some micro damage also but very repairable. Got it locally

Really good find bro.as long as it was not ridiculously expensive because it defeats the point of the franken.:)

velox

1/5/15
Thats pretty cool and the colour is close :)

velox

1/5/15
Yes don't want to think too much cost then i wouldn't do it ha ha.

Really good find bro.as long as it was not ridiculously expensive because it defeats the point of the franken.:)

Technit1957

Renowned Member
19/12/13
Man that is beautiful. Great start on your Franken! Can't wait to see the pics when it's done. Congrats, that's an incredible find.

velox

1/5/15
Thanks man - it will take some time to gather the parts :)

Man that is beautiful. Great start on your Franken! Can't wait to see the pics when it's done. Congrats, that's an incredible find.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Yea you just have to find a good one. Mine with Smoke's paint mod would be pretty decent.

89def427e72368e88da08dc3b536c127.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats the good insert that I have

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Good news guys rolex just came out with yet another 116610 dial.I've added it to the op.the noob v7 dial is an ex at replication with no visable flaws to layout

iwantaprettywatch

Known Member
1/8/16
hi [MENTION=83013]smoke[/MENTION] im a beginner in the world of reps. found ur post and i think its meant to be very helpful. Except i dont really understand it. Can you explain how i should be looking at your post? What exactly is the correct position a gen rolex should look like and what are the typical flaws.

Also, how good is the noob v7 compared to a gen. Say upon 100?

What am i to look out for. Hope you can help me get started in the world of reps :)

davebk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/12/15
Good news guys rolex just came out with yet another 116610 dial.I've added it to the op.the noob v7 dial is an ex at replication with no visable flaws to layout

You ain't kidding. The layout is as good as I've seen on a rep dial. Really makes the v7 a strong out of the box option, as nobody's going to see the dial difference unless they've got the gen and the rep right up to their face.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
hi [MENTION=83013]smoke[/MENTION] im a beginner in the world of reps. found ur post and i think its meant to be very helpful. Except i dont really understand it. Can you explain how i should be looking at your post? What exactly is the correct position a gen rolex should look like and what are the typical flaws.

Also, how good is the noob v7 compared to a gen. Say upon 100?

What am i to look out for. Hope you can help me get started in the world of reps :)

There is nothing to understand. Other than there are 9 different gen dials.so when noobs with 1 post claim the v7 dial is wrong etc etc then they have no need to start making dumb posts about it.as this guide is to show beginners.that there are 8 different ln dials.and lots of lv dials .and nd dials.etc etc.

iwantaprettywatch

Known Member
1/8/16
There is nothing to understand. Other than there are 9 different gen dials.so when noobs with 1 post claim the v7 dial is wrong etc etc then they have no need to start making dumb posts about it.as this guide is to show beginners.that there are 8 different ln dials.and lots of lv dials .and nd dials.etc etc.
Basically the noob v7 is 1:1 interms of dial lay out? What are the flaws then :O

cillit

Horology Curious
17/8/16
Smoke, you are quite the legend on here. Surprised you don't have a senior job at Rolex, or do you? Hahahaha