• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

126610 from Clean factory

Tete

4/11/16
S
orry for the quality of the graphic indications but I have nothing better to edit, the biggest difference of the Vsf case is the inclination of the lugs and especially from where it starts, in gen and CF the beginning is wider and narrows to the outer end, that makes the watch look more refined and rounded. vsf is quick to detect because its lugs are too straight from inside to outside and lack a curve. The crown protectors are also different, vsf uses the same ones as in Sub 40 and that is wrong, those of Sub 41 have more curve, and here also CF is closer. If someone can't notice this, congratulations, you'll have less of a problem enjoying any rep.

didjital7

Renowned Member
30/1/21
Um, ok. Put me in the blissfully ignorant category, because I can't see any difference between these watches where you are pointing...

Reactions: mrln and leo6929

Tete

4/11/16
Um, ok. Put me in the blissfully ignorant category, because I can't see any difference between these watches where you are pointing...

lolololol, well best friend, enjoy this beautiful entertainment and do not sharpen your eye !!!

didjital7

Renowned Member
30/1/21
I see that the angle is different towards the end of the cg, I just don't see what you're pointing at near the bezel...

Last edited:

Raffaelloczz

Bode miller
Supporter
Certified
17/4/19
Italy

I agree with Tete, the shape of the lugs is better in the Clean than in the VSF. As you can see from the image, I put a red mark on the 10 index of the bezel, and both in the Clean and Gen it intersects with the lug at the same width, in the VSF instead it does not intersect with lug as it has a shape tighter.

Reactions: Tete

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Probably lazy to just say 'I don't understand what you mean'.

So marking up your own examples in photoshop first - 'I don't understand what you mean'....

The only conclusion I draw is there is no discernable difference in lug shape, and the CF crown guards are not as good - the curve from breaking out from the lug to the end of the CG is too flat and should be more scalloped/curved - a regular criticism of CF subs..

all-3.jpg

outlines.jpg

Tete

4/11/16

I agree with Tete, the shape of the lugs is better in the Clean than in the VSF. As you can see from the image, I put a red mark on the 10 index of the bezel, and both in the Clean and Gen it intersects with the lug at the same width, in the VSF instead it does not intersect with lug as it has a shape tighter.

Thanks for the best images, they are much clearer than mine. The only thing I want to say with all this is that although all the rep have their own shapes and none is 1: 1, I can detect a Vsf immediately but it does not happen with CF, with CF you have to look at the crystal and see the nearest clock. On Instagram there are at least 10 vsf 126610, they pass them off as Gen, nobody calls them, even seller profiles, and you don't even need to enlarge the photo to see what VSF is about.

Reactions: Raffaelloczz

Raffaelloczz

Bode miller
Supporter
Certified
17/4/19
Italy
Probably lazy to just say 'I don't understand what you mean'.

So marking up your own examples in photoshop first - 'I don't understand what you mean'....

The only conclusion I draw is there is no discernable difference in lug shape, and the CF crown guards are not as good - the curve from breaking out from the lug to the end of the CG is too flat and should be more scalloped/curved - a regular criticism of CF subs..

all-3.jpg

outlines.jpg

I agree on the curvature of the CG than in the clean which is less accentuated. But in my opinion the CF lug curve is more gen-like. you can see well of your figure in which the profile lug of the CF is closer to that of the GEN.

Tete

4/11/16
j8CPlo.jpg
j8CTfJ.jpg

In my opinion I have no doubts about which sub 41 is closest to Gen at the moment ...
Crystal gen and a nearly undetectable rep

Last edited:

GGEuroHEADSHOT

Renowned Member
21/8/21
Canada
S
orry for the quality of the graphic indications but I have nothing better to edit, the biggest difference of the Vsf case is the inclination of the lugs and especially from where it starts, in gen and CF the beginning is wider and narrows to the outer end, that makes the watch look more refined and rounded. vsf is quick to detect because its lugs are too straight from inside to outside and lack a curve. The crown protectors are also different, vsf uses the same ones as in Sub 40 and that is wrong, those of Sub 41 have more curve, and here also CF is closer. If someone can't notice this, congratulations, you'll have less of a problem enjoying any rep.

This is a great post, I always thought the vsf curvature was closer to gen. You are correct, the lugs are a bit slim compared to CF and gen. Good eye man

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Thanks for that, I understand what you are saying now.
I can see what you refer to and I think it could even be as much to do with a differing size of bezel diameter obscuring more or less of the lug than the bezel on the other case does. Add to this a bit of depth of field too? You could be right, until someone measures them we'll not know.

The CF lugs are little too fat at the end and the CG's are not right (are the sides tapered like they should?) but even those are not the easiest tell for a CF.

(spoiler, sorry).

The easiest tell for a CF is the white ring around the crystal. The VSF and gen has a transparent crystal edge that you can see minute markers ticks through it, the CF has a white ring. It's very obvious and you can't unsee it..

Last edited:
Reactions: Saint888

Raffaelloczz

Bode miller
Supporter
Certified
17/4/19
Italy
I agree with you that the CG of the CF have an incorrect curve and that the white ring can be seen around the crystal. This is a problem with all CFs, but with a gen glass and gasket it solves the problem.

Tete

4/11/16
Another Reddit beauty, the finish and fit of the watch is amazing, can't wait for mine to arrive!

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
Thanks for that, I understand what you are saying now.
I can see what you refer to and I think it could even be as much to do with a differing size of bezel diameter obscuring more or less of the lug than the bezel on the other case does. Add to this a bit of depth of field too? You could be right, until someone measures them we'll not know.

The CF lugs are little too fat at the end and the CG's are not right (are the sides tapered like they should?) but even those are not the easiest tell for a CF.

(spoiler, sorry).

The easiest tell for a CF is the white ring around the crystal. The VSF and gen has a transparent crystal edge that you can see minute markers ticks through it, the CF has a white ring. It's very obvious and you can't unsee it..

Wow, sure enough. Now I can't unsee the white ring :cool-new:

Tete

4/11/16
Wow, sure enough. Now I can't unsee the white ring :cool-new:

It is creating a bit of confusion with the white board. That part of the Rolex Gen is and should be totally white (I'm looking for a white gen gasket for my VSF 116610, it gives the glass a more gen look. The problem with the CF sub 41 glass is the bevel, it uses the same bevel as in The sub40s, where the ugly defect of the minute reflection on the edge was not visible. I like it much more this way although I will put a gene crystal in my CF to make it genuine. And I repeat, the Rolex glass gaskets are totally white , the difference in whether it is more visible or not is due to the bevel.