• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

126610 from Clean factory

deadaglev

professional nitpicker
Supporter
Certified
6/5/13
Germany
I would love to see pictures of the gen crystal in the CF case. Mainly hight and position of the cyclops are of interest for me since i am still contemplating to put a gen crystal and VSF dial-hands-movement into the CF case.
Anyone done that?

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I would love to see pictures of the gen crystal in the CF case. Mainly hight and position of the cyclops are of interest for me since i am still contemplating to put a gen crystal and VSF dial-hands-movement into the CF case.
Anyone done that?

Why would you do it? I own both CF and VSF subs, I like VSF’s case more

deadaglev

professional nitpicker
Supporter
Certified
6/5/13
Germany
I think the CF case has several advantages over the VSF.
Better lug shape, better crown, better rehaut engraving and the sels of the bracelet fit better/are more precise.
Also the quality of the brushing is better.

Crownguards are better on the VSF, maybe a little to small on the CF and the Caseback of the CF sits a little to high, VSF is perfect…

So it really comes to your personal liking.
I do like the smaller lugs of the VSF just from an esthetical point of view but i think the CF is closer to gen.

Reactions: Messi and Tete

deadaglev

professional nitpicker
Supporter
Certified
6/5/13
Germany
My observations are based on my personal comparison of RF CF and VSF wich i own and gen in videos and pictures.
So this is entirely subjective.
The same points have been mentioned by several others on RWI though.
I am not decided yet. Because the differences are small and it is a lot of effort for little gain.
My main critic of the VSF are the way the sells fit.
Most of the time i am wearing the VSF on an oysterflex anyway. So no sell Problem there…
Complicated:)

maurizio13

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
26/9/20
Marche
Per fortuna che Clean ha fatto scuola scuola sul suo inserto, ora non va bene piu??