• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PPF 5712 with PP240 Super Clone.....

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Cancel it lol…
Tell me, from these bellow which one is the rep?[/url]
I would have guessed that the last picture looks like a rep. Because the blue-black gradient is a bit dull. Your point is worth to be noted. There is a lot of different shades in the dial depending on light and all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Th4ySoN

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
I would have guessed that the last picture looks like a rep. Because the blue-black gradient is a bit dull. Your point is worth to be noted. There is a lot of different shades in the dial depending on light and all.

I wonder what [mention]legend [/mention] has to say about all of this lol

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

GGEuroHEADSHOT

Renowned Member
21/8/21
Canada
It's all about living the Dom Perignon life on a Keystone Light budget.

giphy.gif

TagHeuerFan1963

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/10/13
Earth
Why do people assume and project this idea that we want accurate dial color just to pretend we have the real version and show off? Some of us actually have an interest in watches besides bragging and being able to sell the idea to others that we have a genuine watch, and for us that love the Nautilus, we know it is 99% about the dial (second is thinness). And as far as I am concerned, every other feature like moon phase and power reserve can be fake as long as they nail the dial which they did on the previous model and for it to be downgraded now is unacceptable and this message needs to be heard for the factories to fix this.

Last edited:
Reactions: aksingh

Riverwind85

26/4/18
All Gen btw…

Different color will be seen in different lighting conditions, cameras, being rep or gen, that’s my point if it wasn’t obvious.
So even if it’s not 100% same as gen color this watch achieved what previous didn’t, being:

- 8.8mm out of 8.52mm gen
- working power reserve
- working moonphase that doesn’t look sunken
- crown fixed
- regulator in the balance not easily recognisable like before (normally the best way to tell a rep).

And probably more things that we will know when it’s hands on.

I missed the boat on the VSF Datejust 41mm pre-raid and now the post-raids one. Hence why I don’t play the waiting game that well.

I quote you in all, we are forgetting one big thing for our passion about watches. We can now have a really thin watch with micro rotor and power reserve, moonphase and date complications for 700$….
I think it is a milestone, some of us are also fond of the mechanics and complications not just the dial.
To me it is really nice!

zinduna

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/7/09
I quote you in all, we are forgetting one big thing for our passion about watches. We can now have a really thin watch with micro rotor and power reserve, moonphase and date complications for 700$….
I think it is a milestone, some of us are also fond of the mechanics and complications not just the dial.
To me it is really nice!

+1

Sent from the RWI App

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
To me it is really nice!

Yes !
I’m going to enjoy this “V1 Clone” and if a V2 comes out better I swap them if I decide is worth the difference I’m going to have to pay.

Meantime I’m enjoying it, living in the preset lol

After all, we only finding out how far from gen is when comparing it side by side. How many here will have that opportunity?

Reactions: Teamjlf

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
Let’s be realistic. Right?

Most are here because they can’t afford a gen.
Not because of the absurd grey mkt prices.
Or the cruel tactics used by brands or ads.
Much less because the watch is discontinued etc.
Even way less buy reps cause they have the gen etc, full bs.

So talking about a watch retail cost @ £30k.
Grey mkt £150k+.

And a new clone way better than the previous rep shows up for miserable 738$ and people freak out about the blue or the freaking movement writings…….

The biggest tell in a rep is the owner! I know many Patek customers, most have Aquanauts as they can’t get a Nautilus and won’t pay grey mkt. 95% don’t even know their watches beat frequency or power reserve. Imagine they knowing how to spot a rep that the biggest issue is a color tone.

Fu** Sake! Don’t like it? Don’t buy! See you! Goodbye.!
Please let’s wait QCs and the watch to reach the hands of the firsts to buy.
Now Period.!

Absolutely correct!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KilltheDeath

Known Member
4/10/20
I actually love this watch. Having full functions is impressive despite the colour. the dial could be swapped to v1 if you like

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
the watch (12hrs markers) on the second photo from the top will certainly fail to pass any QC pic here LOL !!!!

Exact same watch different angle.
I strongly believe it’s just the reflections playing at.

I thought everyone would say that was the rep one cause of that… lol

vivlapeche

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/8/15
4 problems to solve on this version :

1) dial color (better is the non-clone 1st version with the greenish tint)
2) rusted pinions
3) correct engraving on the movement (one engraving is missing)
4) chanfrains on the movement (the movement is sorely lacking in chanfrains on the contours of rubies and plates as opposed to 3KF)

Wainting for the V2...

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
4 problems to solve on this version :

1) dial color (better is the non-clone 1st version with the greenish tint)
2) rusted pinions
3) correct engraving on the movement (one engraving is missing)
4) chanfrains on the movement (the movement is sorely lacking in chanfrains on the contours of rubies and plates as opposed to 3KF)

Wainting for the V2...

This post is redundant without seeing the final watch end of june. even though I agree that the dial color doesn’t looks promising.

the pinions aren’t rusted - check the gen and its iterations and see it for yourself that there are different pinion types for different periods.
Statements like these ruin the whole momentum of such groundbreaking releases - like Riverwind and other experienced connoisseurs already pointed out - who would‘ve thought of something remotely close to a complicated rep like this.

The chamfers on the other hand are also not too visible judging from the prototype pictures - but again - this is a prototype.

amazing times we live in.
Bring ‘em on.

EunosMX5

Known Member
14/2/19
Yeah, been waiting to pull the trigger on either this or the BTF green Daytona, but waiting for QCs here cause if the dial sucks I’d wait for V3 (though no guarantee V3 is any better). Maybe V2 + the V1 dial if they’re compatible is the way to go.