• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New release: 2019 Seamaster 300 ceramic and titanium

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Maybe Nanook65 could give us his insight. Seems you are an expirienced photographer. Do you think its just an different light making the dial appear more grey or is it an different dial?

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
If a mod could please delete this post. Dont know why its double posted. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience

Last edited:

Robin.Hood

8/11/17
Thanks for clarifying! I think so too.
I compared some screenshots of the videos from PT as you can see above. The dial looks a bit different but could be also just the light.
Lets see what my AD says... But I think he will tell me its the same watch.
There is a chance that printing on v2 is not as good as v1.

Look at G (pic 1)

Therion666 The printing of v1 is not exactly at the center as well and mine too(pic 2), but I just figured it out - Have not noticed for few months. It won't bother you in real life.
574a2dda597c509296828b7a576e47a4.jpg
e1f7f866d84a49da0d9aede1863e25d1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Time_Wizard

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
pics V1
dial is grey,dial is black in different light.
waves are black and shiney. Dial is matte.

v1 same V2

Awesome!!!

Thanks for all of these pics! I have seen some of them before. But so close to each other and with different light its really visible that is has this grey version sometimes!

Last edited:

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
This comparison might also help others understand the difference in dials:

1. VSF Ceramic v1 vs. Standard VSF SMP300c v2 - you can see the difference between the matte gray and the gloss black.
kM8Uo.jpg

10x5s.jpg

B1Irp.jpg

2. Standard SMP300c vs Bond OHMSS 300c vs. Cer/Ti 300
kMvnI.jpg

Reactions: merowinger

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
Awesome!!!

Thanks for all of these pics! I have seen some of them before. But so close to each other and with different light its really visible that is has this grey version sometimes!

as I said, it is still a good replica, but in the end, when you see the gen, you will still notice a different emphasis on grey between gen and rep, which has a huge influence on appearance (at least it had on me when comparing in real life, not on pictures)
564f9d2a3c0249bb2bb272eaa2f30403.plist

Reactions: Cloney

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Maybe Nanook65 could give us his insight. Seems you are an expirienced photographer. Do you think its just an different light making the dial appear more grey or is it an different dial?

I would have chimed in, but I think everyone can see that Cloney's pics most of the talking.

This watch, way more than most, will change its looks depending on lighting and where the light is coming from. It is truly a Chameleon.

Reactions: Time_Wizard

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
I would have chimed in, but I think everyone can see that Cloney's pics most of the talking.

This watch, way more than most, will change its looks depending on lighting and where the light is coming from. It is truly a Chameleon.

Thanks.

I just just pulled the trigger.

My TD could not tell me any "updates" on the V2. When I asked PT they also said that the factory didnt tell them ... seems really like a cashgrab!

(even on puretime you can see that the Omega Logo on the V2 seems not centered!)

Last edited:
Reactions: merowinger

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
So I declined my first 2 QCs because the new batch/v2 has a non centered omega logo on the dial. I asked my TD before if he could get one from the older version (with centered logo) and he said yes. But as it turns out only V2 is available at the moment.
Sadly I missed this very very good first batch. Let's hope they will fix this issue soon.

I will take a 2018 Diver instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: miami_YG

Mrpong

15/9/19
So I declined my first 2 QCs because the new batch/v2 has a non centered omega logo on the dial. I asked my TD before if he could get one from the older version (with centered logo) and he said yes. But as it turns out only V2 is available at the moment.
Sadly I missed this very very good first batch. Let's hope they will fix this issue soon.

Could you pls show a pic? This happens only with V2?

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19

despite the yellowish lume?

merowinger

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/13
Switzerland

Would also like to see a non centered logo.
Never saw that on this watch....
Thanks!