• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

AgentChaos

Horology Curious
14/10/20
Anyone can help me QC on this one? I have requested picture with hour and minute hands shown properly but here's what I got so far.

Pic with QC checking tool: https://imgur.com/sZKWZ3H

I think everything looks fine so far apart from some marking on the bezel. Unsure if it's scratches already or just dirt/smudge.
sZKWZ3H.png

Album link: https://imgur.com/a/vX61pyk

Last edited:

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
Anyone can help me QC on this one? I have requested picture with hour and minute hands shown properly but here's what I got so far.

Pic with QC checking tool: https://imgur.com/sZKWZ3H

I think everything looks fine so far apart from some marking on the bezel. Unsure if it's scratches already or just dirt/smudge.
sZKWZ3H.png

Album link: https://imgur.com/a/vX61pyk

Looks fine mate.

P.s that “alignment tool’ won’t tell you a thing tho unless the image is taken with the watch precisely dead on to the camera and even then you got things like aperture, focal length and the curvature of the watch.

Reactions: AgentChaos

AgentChaos

Horology Curious
14/10/20
Looks fine mate.

P.s that “alignment tool’ won’t tell you a thing tho unless the image is taken with the watch precisely dead on to the camera and even then you got things like aperture, focal length and the curvature of the watch.

Thanks for your input. I'll gl it later today.

Last edited:

philiusmaximus

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/2/14
UK

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
ZUw5CS.jpg
ZUwaeL.jpg
ZUwUSQ.jpg

Firstly, just wanted to say a big thank you to this community. I stumbled on here earlier this year and was addicted to the wealth of info on here. I learnt and got to the point I felt confident to purchase a watch I've been wanting for years.

Now onto the watch, from a complete newbie ordering their first ever fake luxury watch. As it has been discussed before, it really is an attractive piece. I'll start with the good points: I was surprised at the weight, definitely feels like a premium item. The dial is a beauty and one thing that hasn't been mentioned much is the original strap. I was pleasantly surprised it's actually very good quality and personally don't feel the need to splash out for the omega or phenom one. Even the bezel rotating clicks very very nice, little play, the crown winding and time setting feel solid.

Although I feel there is one let down, to the point for me I wouldn't really consider it a NWBIG, although everyone has a different definition, but by knowing this flaw and seen the gen, it's really, really blatant and that is the liquid metal numbers on the bezel.

The effect is greatly hidden on 99% of photos as we naturally angle the watch to the best light when taking the shot but in person the numbers are really dull in person compared to the gen unless it's angled perfectly with the light on it (first photo shows what I mean). You see it in some shots where the numbers 'disappear' in the shadows, in person, it's really pronounced. I buy these watches purely for my own enjoyment and tell everyone who asks, that it's a fake, so that's not my concern. But it's such a glaring and obvious tell. In the photos I've posted, if it were a gen the numbers would be reflecting the light back as the rest of the watch instead of being almost invisible. Imo a NWBIG should only have very minor flaws that are difficult to spot, but it's obviously not the case here. It's glaringly obvious, it's not a minor flaw that you need to be close for, if I saw someone else wearing a fake spectre, I'd spot it with ease based on this.

Having said that, I'm still impressed the level of quality fake luxury watches have reached. I'm aware that lookswise I'm getting 85%-90% the watch for 10% the price and I bought it as I really like the design, so overall I'm still happy and will gladly rock the watch for hopefully years to come, just wanted to give my 2 cents back to the community.

Last edited:

_leonardo_

29/8/20
Thank you for the beautiful review.
I don't agree regarding the percentage you say...actually imho you get 85-90% of the aesthetics of the gen watch...maybe nothing regarding the mechanics.

My two cents, hope not to offend noone.

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
Thank you for the beautiful review.
I don't agree regarding the percentage you say...actually imho you get 85-90% of the aesthetics of the gen watch...maybe nothing regarding the mechanics.

My two cents, hope not to offend noone.

All thoughts are welcome, but I don't understand, isn't that what I said in my review, (look-wise 85%-90%)?

As a horology enthusiast the mechanics will never approach the real thing.

If the very top tier reps as per the consensual list is a 10, then I would rate this watch an 8/10, if only they could figure out how to do the bezel. It's just too glaring obvious.

Reactions: _leonardo_

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
Interesting, I have not noticed the Disappearing bezel numbers as severe as in your pics. I’ll play with some angles, but at worst I usually lose 1 digit in pics but never complete disappearance of any in real life.

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
Interesting, I have not noticed the Disappearing bezel numbers as severe as in your pics. I’ll play with some angles, but at worst I usually lose 1 digit in pics but never complete disappearance of any in real life.

It is a really interesting effect as it's mostly about how it interacts with the light in motion and difficult to express on photos. To be fair, the first photo is the most severe angle, irl it looks between photo 2 and 3.

Most of the time the numbers don't disappear but best I can describe is it blends with the black parts of the bezel which is very reflective. Whereas the real one would stand bold and reflect strongly. The gen version doesn't get hidden as easily by reflections and shadows. It's hard to describe but handling a gen one and the rep version in succession it's instantly clear and obvious.

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Thing is with most ‘flaws’ it’s only a few rep experts on that model/brand who are likely to ever know. 90% of people won’t even clock what make your watch even is when in the wild and on the wrist.

I want one of these, they have grown on me since their release and now I have the bug!! I’m assuming vsf v2 is the best one out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
Thing is with most ‘flaws’ it’s only a few rep experts on that model/brand who are likely to ever know. 90% of people won’t even clock what make your watch even is when in the wild and on the wrist.

I want one of these, they have grown on me since their release and now I have the bug!! I’m assuming vsf v2 is the best one out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on what your philosophy is, if it's to fool the average person, sure. I'm certain 90% of people won't spot a DHgate shitter, in fact 90% of people don't really give a crap what watch you're wearing. 90% of the population aren't watch enthusiasts and don't have luxury watches and just don't know what they look like up close. If that was my goal I'd spent $50 and be done with it, the biggest tell is the person.

But for me that besides the point. I'll openly tell anyone asking I'm wearing a fake. It's for my own enjoyment I love the design and want a rep as close as possible and the glaring difference in bezel does make a difference in how I perceive it.

There really is zero need to justify your decision if you want to purchase, there's no judgement, least of all here. The wonderful thing about this forum is we can all share info and then it's up to the individual to make a decision based on what they want. Your opinion is the only one that matters. I shared a fact that there is a clear flaw, doesn't mean it's not a good watch. If it doesn't matter to you, go for it, I hope you wear in good health!

Last edited:
Reactions: BOSSK

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
It is a really interesting effect as it's mostly about how it interacts with the light in motion and difficult to express on photos. To be fair, the first photo is the most severe angle, irl it looks between photo 2 and 3.

Most of the time the numbers don't disappear but best I can describe is it blends with the black parts of the bezel which is very reflective. Whereas the real one would stand bold and reflect strongly. The gen version doesn't get hidden as easily by reflections and shadows. It's hard to describe but handling a gen one and the rep version in succession it's instantly clear and obvious.

The bezel numbers on the gen are liquidmetal. That's why the gen has the numbers that are very clear and not as reflective that it disappears in angles like the rep does.

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
After reading through his thread a few moths ago I had asked the TD I use to source me an MKF as they were on sale and seemed like pretty good reps for the price.
I was talked into the VSF by truetime, It finally arrived and I am very pleased with it. Very happy I spent the extra as it will be a keeper for me.

I recall judging by pics worrying that it would wear smaller than my NTTD and someone confirmed that they wear the same or similar.
As soon as I received it I was a bit shocked how big it was in person compared to the pics. It wears bigger than the NTTD on the wrist.
I also received a vintage 300 and it is also bigger than I assumed (due to lug to lug mm maybe?)
The vintage is the size I assumed that the spectre would be and the spectre feels more similar to my rolex sea dweller SD4K.

Anyway, very pleased, awesome rep, good job VSF, and great thread going on here, the 300 wasn't on my radar until I read through this and I am very glad I did.
Some watches have to be seen in the the flesh to appreciate, and this and the vintage 300 certainly fall into that category for me.

Spoons

Patron
Certified
21/4/19
Anyway, very pleased, awesome rep, good job VSF, and great thread going on here, the 300 wasn't on my radar until I read through this and I am very glad I did.
Some watches have to be seen in the the flesh to appreciate, and this and the vintage 300 certainly fall into that category for me.

Nice! It looks great on that strap.

Reactions: leo6929 and APjumbo