• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GF's Navitimer 43mm not perfect?

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
You seem to be right, the 'B' is not finished well. I looked on other TD websites, also not crisp. But good enough.

Apparently 'chronometer' shouldn't be there on this model.

I think you good to good. Just ask a qc of the logo

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Apparently there are different models. This is also a gen:

IMG-20200419-124023.jpg

Last edited:

RT8906

Renowned Member
11/4/20
Canada
A missing ‘Chronometer’ is fine, the ‘B’ needs to be fixed. Take a look:

This is the OXF ‘B’ followed by GF’s with the the real Breitling’B’ last.
I have a an awesome GF Breitling but it has the wings, I hope GF fixes this.

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Yeah, let's hope it's just a bad batch.
Ask your TD specifically for a qc shot of the B

​​​​​​

TidusKun

Renowned Member
28/9/19
R Factory
When the remake of the navitimer b01 model was announced at Baselworld 2018, the dial was without chronometer text. Whereas the design that is produced now, does have chronometer text on the dial - seems that Breitling decided to add it on afterwards.

....at least according to the research I done. So with and without are both correct! TBK tkingjr

Last edited:
Reactions: AJ82 and tkingjr

RL1924

Certified
28/9/19
Has anyone purchased one? Curious about the "b" if it's a bad batch or not.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mixcoast

RT8906

Renowned Member
11/4/20
Canada
Has anyone purchased one? Curious about the "b" if it's a bad batch or not.

I’ve seen some QC photos and no improvements yet. Also, the colours in these QC shots are horrible too. I’m waiting for V2.

Last edited:
Reactions: RL1924

RL1924

Certified
28/9/19
I’ve seen some QC photos and no improvements yet. Also, the colours in these QC shots are horrible too. I’m waiting for V2.
Good to know I was about to pull the trigger as well lmk and hope for the best. Seems better off to wait.

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
...well guys I did pull the trigger..
I have some qc photos..

what I found out through my research is that they breitling uses a different B for the navitimer than for say the premier or the superocean..
so even the goofy b on the gf navitimer is closer to gen than the nice looking b’s gf has on their premier or superocean...

the biggest problem with mi e and from all the pics I’ve seen is that they couldn’t align the slide rule to the dial very well. The bottom row of number don’t line up to the dial very well and I’m just sick about it but I just did not have it in me to ask the td to get me another watch. I paid him extra so to make sure he was getting the best he could find but.. yeah, it is what it is...

RT8906

Renowned Member
11/4/20
Canada
...well guys I did pull the trigger..
I have some qc photos..

what I found out through my research is that they breitling uses a different B for the navitimer than for say the premier or the superocean..
so even the goofy b on the gf navitimer is closer to gen than the nice looking b’s gf has on their premier or superocean...

the biggest problem with mi e and from all the pics I’ve seen is that they couldn’t align the slide rule to the dial very well. The bottom row of number don’t line up to the dial very well and I’m just sick about it but I just did not have it in me to ask the td to get me another watch. I paid him extra so to make sure he was getting the best he could find but.. yeah, it is what it is...

I’ve found that the real Navitimer doesn’t always line up exactly. If you’re not satisfied though ask him to try another, it’s not hard for them to switch when it hasn’t shipped. For me, I’ve made up my mind that I’m getting the real Navitimer some day. It’s a thing of beauty.

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
I’ve found that the real Navitimer doesn’t always line up exactly. If you’re not satisfied though ask him to try another, it’s not hard for them to switch when it hasn’t shipped. For me, I’ve made up my mind that I’m getting the real Navitimer some day. It’s a thing of beauty.

It’s already in the mail to some extent!
Me too! There’s nothing like it!

Hybrice

Horology Curious
5/6/20
Congrats on the watch Slanglican! I just bought exactly this model myself.

You're right, it's not exact, but it's pretty close. Someone would have to be encroaching on your personal space in a serious way to discern the difference though. Ultimately, if you were to take it off and pass it to somebody, the blue screws in the A7750 rather than the stunning B01 movement, would give it away in a second.

My blue dial Navi: https://prnt.sc/tjippx

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20

Well, at some point, I’d like to do a review of the GF, but I’m not too sure I’m knowledgeable enough for it to be taken too seriously...

I do want to say that I think the GF ought in fact replace the JF as the best or “only” 01 navitimer 01 rep...
The “B” logo is actually not too bad. (I want to go back to the breitling boutique and try on the Gen of the exact rep I have and compare...)
The crystal is pretty good. Better than BP not quite as amazing as the JF I will say. Polish is great and the blue color is spot on!
The date wheel, yes, sunken, but not as bad as the JF or at least maybe it’s just a bit bigger than the JF cutout. Slide rule is great, although, my particular rep is a bit mis aligned for which I blame myself and won’t live it down too easily...
The bracelet is like the gen in that it has the Easy link type micro adjustment, which for me makes it not fit as well as the other navi bracelets!
What sticks out to me the most is that the build quality was great!!!
the watch came all wrapped with the gf sapphire sticker, wrapped with the gf breitling sticker and every inch of the watch was wrapped. It was not crazy dirty like the BP’s and others I’ve gotten!
I am in love with it and it is definitely my favorite rep, although I do have the blue dial world on the way to complete the set of blue navi reps (I sold off the JF as they don’t make a blue navitimer 01 with red chrono stick.... but I guess they don’t make a blueish green or black a23322 with silver sub dials either)

So, yes, I do think the GF is worth it and a great rep to get!! The “B” is in my opinion not as bad as at least I made it out to be!!

Reactions: mrsullivan