• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The official AP Diver discussion thread

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
Hoping for some advice, would appreciate the input of anyone who has owned APs, rep or gen.

I just ordered my first AP rep, a ZF diver and I am very excited to receive it (I feel like a child on Christmas day waiting for his parents to wake up so he can open his presents haha). One of the biggest reasons I ordered a ZF is because people seem to be quite impressed with the quality of the watch, and I would like to find a strap that matches the quality of the watch. Does anyone have any recommendations for quality aftermarket strap options (rubber only, personally I'm not a fan of leather on the offshores).

From my research I have found the following options:

1) https://tempomaterials.com/collections/audemars-piguet-rubber-straps-1

2) https://www.midasstraps.com/collections/42mm-royal-oak-offshore

3) https://rubberb.com/en/rubber-strap...re-42mm-swimskin-alligator?selected-color=138

4) https://www.horusstraps.com/collections/straps-for-royal-oak-offshore/size_42mm?sort_by=manual

Anyone have any experience with any of these and would like to recommend one over the other? Any potential options that I am missing?

Sidenote: I see that loose screws seems to be a problem on all the AP reps (offshore and royal oak), when I tighten the screws can I use a regular flathead/a small screw driver from a glasses repair kit? Or is there a special screwdriver for AP screws (excuse my ignorance, like I said; first AP rep).

Thanks in advance guys

Guglhupfer

Known Member
26/6/21
The rubber strap that comes with the ZF is of excellent quality. I would suggest trying it out first. It is not a cheap silicon one. It is really good and looks great.
The caseback screws are regular slotted screws however the slot is very thin. I had to sharpen my watchmaker screwdriver to have a good grip. Regular small screwdriver did not work…

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
The rubber strap that comes with the ZF is of excellent quality. I would suggest trying it out first. It is not a cheap silicon one. It is really good and looks great.
The caseback screws are regular slotted screws however the slot is very thin. I had to sharpen my watchmaker screwdriver to have a good grip. Regular small screwdriver did not work…

+1
+1

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20

Thank you for the feedback.

In regards to the straps, I plan on keeping the ZF black one for regular use but I also want to try out a few different colors for different times of the years/locations. That’s why I’m looking for feedback from anyone who has tried any of these companies.

I.e. I think the riviera blue Midas strap would look great in the summer or on the beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I can comment on jf / horus / vagenari / midas

jf wins hands down value for money

midas comes last (they are plasticky)

vagenari and horus are super soft, but I can’t pay that much money for a rubber strap but that’s me.

ikd give a try to the spanish one if i didnt have all of the colors i like already

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove

vagenari and horus are super soft, but I can’t pay that much money for a rubber strap but that’s me.

ikd give a try to the spanish one if i didnt have all of the colors i like already

Thanks for this, Lory, I might check out Vagenari in black but you're right, the JF is great value

Reactions: SuperLory

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20

Thanks for your input. I plan on ordering a tempo strap once I receive my watch. I’ll update the thread regarding my impressions of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alfajor

26/6/15
Conus
Repgreg123 This is for you a JF v7 diver

2b409f848c9b6237371f7f1aaf60e3d2.jpg

9f24379ed81f36b847b53053392cca2f.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Is this strap a gen? Love it

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12

+1 about the midas straps. good color range but feels like cheap plastic.
got a baby blue strap during their special offer. would not pay more than $50! JF straps feels much better or pay for horus.

Muni

Renowned Member
9/7/17
Advice on which one is more accurate(JF10 Vs ZF)/what are the tells on
- Audemars Piguet ROO Diver 15703 closed case back please

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA

You are serious? After all those posts and arguments and photos you still dont know. Lol This angers me and I dont even care. But for the rest of people here please go back and do some homework. Take care.

Reactions: onetrickgif

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15

Go on chrono24 and buy an I series from there..you will not regret

Muni

Renowned Member
9/7/17
You are serious? After all those posts and arguments and photos you still dont know. Lol This angers me and I dont even care. But for the rest of people here please go back and do some homework. Take care.

Anyways, it seems ZF is better in the following ways:

better dial texture and finish
- far better datewheel
- better cyclop (curved surface as per gen)
- better hand geometry and lume (not perfect, but real-world accurate)
- case geometry is more accurate vs the JF one

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Answer to your 1st question: read. Answers are all here. And remember they are opinions.

Answer to your second question: why worry? This is a replica watch and if you are not trying to pass it off as a gen, you shouldn’t worry about tells. If you’re trying to pretend it’s a gen, then yes, you’re definitely the tell with that attitude and perception.

This is a replica. Just wear it as a replica and nothing else. No matter how it looks like the gen, you will always and forever know it’s a replica. So it won’t matter who else can tell because you always can.

Reactions: Allure and g-yice

alfajor

26/6/15
Conus
There is a lot of wobble on my ZF rubber strap end links, anyone else have this? I had a JF V7 and they were tight and rattle free.