• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The official AP Diver discussion thread

HNTR

I'm Pretty Popular
17/2/16
isn't it what a 2 hands watch does ?

yesterday I made brownies: the oven watch was saying 10:20 so i knew that at 10:45 i had to check them out...

I'm not trying to be funny, i'm just saying you might be overdoing imho

The issue is that I have an absolutely terrible memory- so by using the bezel I’m sure to not forget the time I started. Works well for me!

guybythelake

13/7/14
isn't it what a 2 hands watch does ?

yesterday I made brownies: the oven watch was saying 10:20 so i knew that at 10:45 i had to check them out...

I'm not trying to be funny, i'm just saying you might be overdoing imho

But then you always have to remember the start time.... i use the bezel of my sub quite often. Much easier than getting my phone out and starting stopping timer. Plus easy to glance at it... i am surprised by not only some people not using this fu ction but the resistance. The bezel
is there to track stuff.

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Well it’s not an inner ring, I’m simply referring to having a dive bezel. I daily an SKX, and before that some other seikos, and rep subs. While I will use the bezel for its intended dive purpose on vacation, most day to day use involves knowing how long I’ve been working a specific job, how long the laundry has been in, when my cookies/brownies are done etc. I use them for any thing timing :)

People who own a AP dont make cookies or brownies. I just decided from the day I got it not to ever try it to see if it works. Its perfectly centered so I left it there. AP owner has a chef who makes food for them. Play the role lol.

pixel_junkie

Renowned Member
28/1/12
Conus
Which ever you can get. I have a JF v10 and I am happy. ZF was not avaliable when I wanted it. ZF is a bit better but again I am extremly happy with the JF.

How so? I’m looking to order one. What on the ZF is better if everyone is raving about the JF v10? Thanks in advance!

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
How so? I’m looking to order one. What on the ZF is better if everyone is raving about the JF v10? Thanks in advance!

To be honest I cant tell a difference. I was looking at ZF JF and Gen Photos and I just dont see anything. Expect the 12 oclock triangle on the JF is not like Gen, but in real life its so small. Also the font on the date again so small its hard to tell. But the rest looks the same. They say case is different and dial, but I tried hard to see the difference and couldnt. From reading they make the JF seem like a fake piece of crap that is so horrible that everyone will know. But honestly I love mine the small details no one can tell only people who truly know the ins and outs of the watch. AP owners cannot tell the difference. So if you can get the overhyped ZF do it because the Rep Gods say its so so much better, but if you cant JF V10 is an Amazing rep. I dont focus on small detail because no one can notice them. I just enjoy the timepiece.

Reactions: Garuda

pixel_junkie

Renowned Member
28/1/12
Conus
To be honest I cant tell a difference. I was looking at ZF JF and Gen Photos and I just dont see anything. Expect the 12 oclock triangle on the JF is not like Gen, but in real life its so small. Also the font on the date again so small its hard to tell. But the rest looks the same. They say case is different and dial, but I tried hard to see the difference and couldnt. From reading they make the JF seem like a fake piece of crap that is so horrible that everyone will know. But honestly I love mine the small details no one can tell only people who truly know the ins and outs of the watch. AP owners cannot tell the difference. So if you can get the overhyped ZF do it because the Rep Gods say its so so much better, but if you cant JF V10 is an Amazing rep. I dont focus on small detail because no one can notice them. I just enjoy the timepiece.

Appreciate the reply!

pixel_junkie

Renowned Member
28/1/12
Conus

Appreciate the reply!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
AP owners cannot tell the difference.

I’m an AP owner (I assume you’re referring to gen AP) and I can tell the difference between the gen, the ZF and the JF if all 3 are placed in front of me. Of course you’re at liberty to speak for yourself and it’s actually good that you cannot tell the differences. A blessing actually.
Objectively the date font of the ZF diver is a lot better than the JF one. Same for the dial and hands and other minor details. You need to have sufficient knowledge of the gen AP, and own one for a meaningful amount of time to understand the differences and if you don’t see them it’s actually a very good thing because you can enjoy your watch a lot better. You have the absolute right to voice your opinion but please don’t try to imply that the gen, the JF and the ZF are identical. They are not. I have enough knowledge on all 3 to firmly say so. Blindness to detail is a very good thing as a replica watch owner but do let each one decide for their own what they see. You can enjoy your watch your own way but let others do the same too. I said it before and I’ll say so again, the ZF diver is the significantly better rep over the JF but still nothing like the gen.
It is up to each individual to decide how much each difference makes to him. I’m happy that you find your JF adequate. I think that it’s the right attitude for this hobby because no replica watch is perfect no matter which factory it’s from. More than 10 iterations and more than 3 factories and several years later, the AP diver is still imperfect so yes, just pick one and enjoy it. That’s something I agree with you 100%, good point eurotime25.

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
I’m an AP owner (I assume you’re referring to gen AP) and I can tell the difference between the gen, the ZF and the JF if all 3 are placed in front of me. Of course you’re at liberty to speak for yourself and it’s actually good that you cannot tell the differences. A blessing actually.
Objectively the date font of the ZF diver is a lot better than the JF one. Same for the dial and hands and other .............

no you are correct. Because you actually have looked at the watch. The AP Owners I know dont think about reps because its not their world. They assume its all GEN and thats what they think people have. We focus on small details because we want it to be perfect and as close to gen as possible. But if you only lived in a Gen only world those details 99% of people just dont care. Its like of you own a Seiko or Citizen do you pay attention to small detail to see if someone is wearing a fake. Usually not I never looked at any detail of any of my watches and assumed all were Gens in the real world. Because the fakes I seen were really bad and easily to tell compared to stuff you get from TD now. And as you said its best just to enjoy and not focus on the little detal that 1% knows. Life is hard as is to focus what others think. Best enjoy what you got and like.I and many have said its you thats the biggest tell of a fake watch. My Casios are real as they get. Lol. But like you said its my opinion and best to just enjoy wearing them as I do. I try to see if I can spot a fake but its so hard today most watches from 5 to 10ft away I cannot tell. And my knowledge just isnt there on all the watches. I just look at a photo and compare. If it passes my test which most do im good with it. I just want others to know as you pointed enjoy the watches not one is perfect unless you go with Gen. (Sometimes even gen have issues)

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
I’m not sure if this is the right place to post it, however I was wondering if anyone has had any success in sourcing an XF 15706au from a TD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
no you are correct. Because you actually have looked at the watch. The AP Owners I know dont think about reps because its not their world. They assume its all GEN and thats what they think people have. We focus on small details because we want it to be perfect and as close to gen as possible. But if you only lived in a Gen only world those details 99% of people just dont care. Its like of you own a Seiko or Citizen do you pay attention to small detail to see if someone is wearing a fake. Usually not I never looked at any detail of any of my watches and assumed all were Gens in the real world. Because the fakes I seen were really bad and easily to tell compared to stuff you get from TD now. And as you said its best just to enjoy and not focus on the little detal that 1% knows. Life is hard as is to focus what others think. Best enjoy what you got and like.I and many have said its you thats the biggest tell of a fake watch. My Casios are real as they get. Lol. But like you said its my opinion and best to just enjoy wearing them as I do. I try to see if I can spot a fake but its so hard today most watches from 5 to 10ft away I cannot tell. And my knowledge just isnt there on all the watches. I just look at a photo and compare. If it passes my test which most do im good with it. I just want others to know as you pointed enjoy the watches not one is perfect unless you go with Gen. (Sometimes even gen have issues)

I like your way of indulging in the hobby EuroTime25
It is exemplary for the new guys actually. Thank you for always sharing your views, I always enjoy reading them. Thank you sir.

guybythelake

13/7/14
Summed up succinctly and accurately. Yes to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just received a ZF 15710st and I am impressed. Super nice quality... it looks and feels awesome. This thread really help me make the decision towards the ZF... Thank you for that.

BTW I did not really spent much time on the differences between ZF,JF or gen... i really dont care too much... A lot of people wearing Rolexes, APs Omegas etc around where I live and i newer wonder if they are real or a rep... i just dont care! As long as I am wearing a decent rep that is not screaming fake from a mile away, that's all I need.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
BTW I did not really spent much time on the differences between ZF,JF or gen... i really dont care too much... A lot of people wearing Rolexes, APs Omegas etc around where I live and i newer wonder if they are real or a rep... i just dont care! As long as I am wearing a decent rep that is not screaming fake from a mile away, that's all I need.

Plus you have to also take into account, true watch idiot savants are rare. Most people are just polite, we are in a very small bubble of people that focus on watches. More so than the gen community that I am a member of on many different boards. We know these watches are fake, and thus are obsessive with finding flaws. 99% of the population isn't.

Reps are so good now that I really think you have nothing to worry about ever, and that's quite a great feeling :) Enjoy man

Reactions: EuroTime25

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I just received a ZF 15710st and I am impressed. Super nice quality... it looks and feels awesome. This thread really help me make the decision towards the ZF... Thank you for that.

That is a nice post to read. Thank you.

I totally agree with you on your statement. I was just trying to state in my posts that the differences between JF, ZF and gen exists, but it is up to each individual how much significance to place on each difference. And also, objectively speaking, the ZF is a much better rep of the AP diver than the JF V10. The differences shouldn't be glossed over, but acknowledged, and ignored if desired. There are guys here who own the JF V10 who try to downplay the differences but for the sake of clarity and education, lets give ZF its due credit, they have done a lot better than JF for their iteration both the diver and the 15400 when it comes to AP reps. I can do a feature by feature post to showcase all the difference and comparisons but I don't think it needs to come to that. You have made a stellar choice in your choice of watches and also your attitude wearing it. Enjoy the watch and wear it well!

Marbe78

29/9/20
Spain
My new arrival, yesterday I picked him up, ZF from Trustytime, Andrew as always very efficient and fast.
I am the owner of a Royal Oak gen and this diver is excellent, with his defects, thanks legend for your knowledge, but valid for me.
Everyone enjoy this hobby, gen or rep, you only live once.
Happy Saturday my friends