• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The official AP Diver discussion thread

Guglhupfer

Known Member
26/6/21
Thanks guys!
I decided for the steel version. I am not sure where to get a low beat modded movement with date wheel and who in Germany would be able to do that. So I will just start with the Asian 2824.

Last edited:

gekkehenkie

Renowned Member
21/7/14
Just received my zf and it really looks good.
Ive also noticed that the jf strap doesnt fit that good to the zf. Does anyone know if a gen strap will fit the zf well? Or does the gen strap fit a jf?

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Just received my zf and it really looks good.
Ive also noticed that the jf strap doesnt fit that good to the zf. Does anyone know if a gen strap will fit the zf well? Or does the gen strap fit a jf?

Gen straps fits JF case

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Reactions: gekkehenkie

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
I find that the inner bezel rotation on the ZF much stiffer than the JF or even the old noob, is that a common thing for the ZF? I recall earlier someone mentioned that his inner bezel got stuck too.

Last edited:

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I find that the inner bezel rotation on the ZF much stiffer than the JF or even the old noob, is that a common thing for the ZF? I recall earlier someone mentioned that his inner bezel got stuck too.

i wouldn't touch it like i wouldnt touch a chrono in a roo - ask for trouble imho

Indeed – logical conclusion:
JF case = Gen strap
ZF case ≠ JF strap

So theoretically ZF case ≠ gen strap, but practically: Did someone mount it anyway?

please see my post here

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/audemars-piguet-ap/9469853-zf-diver?p=10062218#post10062218

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

I agree with what superlory said. Leave the dive bezel mechanism alone please this is very flimsy on the rep. Breaks and disengages very easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

I agree with what superlory said. Leave the dive bezel mechanism alone please this is very flimsy on the rep. Breaks and disengages very easily.

guybythelake

13/7/14
So the difference between 15710 and 15703 are:

15703 - Textured dial, black dial only, solid caseback. (ZF 2824)
​​​15710 - Smooth dial, other color offerings, sapphire crystal. (ZF Miyota)

Does 15710 gen come in bracelet as well?

Reactions: 911cz and Lariram

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS

This is a well-known weak link in these reps but I've never understood why this has to be. It is not terribly complex.

noobwatch76

I am serious. And don’t call me Shirley
Patron
Certified
6/7/16
Texas
Hey there!!! Anyone want to sell me some lug screws for v9 or v9.5 diver. Or point me where to get them. I have bought some from the webs but they were for Gen not rep

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

juanjo1000

Horology Curious
29/7/21
Hi I am interested in the 15703. I read most of the posts but I did not find why the ZF is superior to the JF V9.5 included in the Super Reps NWBIGs. In case ZF is superior should not it updated in the list? Thanks

LaraA

15/3/11
I’ve owned 2x AP Diver Roo JF V7 A2836, but now sold.
I’ve searched a few threads and pages but did not find to much info,

how does ZF and JF v10 compare to the old JF v7 ?
thanks guys

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hi I am interested in the 15703. I read most of the posts but I did not find why the ZF is superior to the JF V9.5 included in the Super Reps NWBIGs. In case ZF is superior should not it updated in the list? Thanks

Well firstly, the terms "Super reps" and "NWBIGs" are very subjective and I do not subscribe or believe in whatever list someone else created. I make my own and you should too. Don't let anyone tell you what is a super rep or what is worth or not worth buying in gen. The list was created by someone but when it comes to AP, there are no "super reps" for me, not even $5000 frankens. An AP is simply either gen or it is rep "NWBIG"? . You realize the W in that acronym stands for "Worth" and that is highly individual. What do you look for in a watch? For me its the pedigree and craftsmanship, as well as the purchase and ownership experience. In defining what is the "W" for me, I can only purchase and wear gens.

Don't buy a watch just because its on the "list" or shun it because it is not. These are all 100% reps and it does not matter what anyone else thinks, they are meant to be fun novelties and not a serious timepiece. If you like a watch, buy it. If you don't, then move on. That should be the only purchase motivation for anyone in this hobby. If you are not looking to present it as a gen, there is no need to even consider whether it is a "super rep". If you want gen, then buy gen. The two are separate and distinct.

So if you are interested in the 15703, buy one (ZF superior to the JF one for me, though I don't own or wear reps) and forget about whatever list or term someone else attaches to it. It is the same watch regardless. All the best!

yagmot

Horology Curious
23/3/17
Tokyo
So if you are interested in the 15703, buy one (ZF superior to the JF one for me, though I don't own or wear reps)

I’ve seen you say this a few times, but I don’t think I’ve seen you explain why.

I just ordered the JF and I’m starting to second guess myself a little, although the pics of the JF V10 and the recent talk of the fragility of the ZF inner bezel mechanism makes me less worried I made the wrong choice.