• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF V3 Submariners up on Jtime

elconquistador

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/6/10

If you’re in America I’m sure you own a gun. If oil you use on your freedom stick is good. Then it’s good enough for a wrist watch!

I lubed my V6S once! Almost 4 years ago. And not one issue with the band/noise.

if you don’t have gun lube..go buy a freedom stick defend your freedom.
Then lube your watch.
May want to ration that stuff. Going to be hard to come by in about a week.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Doc_Savage

elconquistador

Certified
10/6/10

If you’re in America I’m sure you own a gun. If oil you use on your freedom stick is good. Then it’s good enough for a wrist watch!

I lubed my V6S once! Almost 4 years ago. And not one issue with the band/noise.

if you don’t have gun lube..go buy a freedom stick defend your freedom.
Then lube your watch.
May want to ration that stuff. Going to be hard to come by in about a week.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Zoidberg

Supporter
Certified
27/8/20
Germany
only a FYI
I took the ZZF V3 HULK on the time and the reslut is minus 12 sek . Movement 3135
Overall , the movement sounds not very precise ...
ZLCV2P.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayalvin777

Zoidberg

Supporter
Certified
27/8/20
Germany
only a FYI
the same I did with the ZZF V3 No Date . Movement 3130
Movement sounds and feels realy very precise
Minus 0 / 3 / max 5 excellent result !

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
only a FYI
I took the ZZF V3 HULK on the time and the reslut is minus 12 sek . Movement 3135
ZLCV2P.jpg

I don't have a timegrapher so I imagine your know a lot more about it than me, but aren't those results fantastic? A nice, steady line on the screen, 0.0 beat error is perfect, the amplitude is in the excellent range. I don't understand why you think it's bad?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
only a FYI

It's within the accuracy window of a genuine ETA top grade. What are you expecting?
Just regulate it if you're unhappy.

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
But ETA is more precision as minus 12 .

Wrong:
  1. STANDARD GRADE: This grade is specified with an average rate of +/-12 seconds per day, with a maximum daily variation of +/-30 seconds.
  2. ELABORATED GRADE: This grade is specified with an average of +/-7 seconds per day, with maximum daily variation of +/-20 seconds.
  3. TOP GRADE: This grade is specified with an average rate of +/-4 seconds per day, with a maximum daily variation of +/-15 seconds.

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
you are right , needs to regulate / adjusted .
But ETA is more precision as minus 12 .

That VR just needs some regulation. One thing I noticed when comparing VS3135 to VR3135 is the amplitude is far superior on the VS. Overall I’m impressed with the VS3135 so far - but we need to hear a watchmakers take on it once they service one and can compare all internal parts to the VR. [mention]oascom [/mention] any chance you’ve taken a deep dive into the VS3135 yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picasso74

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
2/6/20
Italy Pordenone

arrived today.......stunning.....for me is perfect...nothing noticiable on the wrist...if you wanna play magnificating it.....enjoy your hobby.....but it s ridiculous for me ......

nothing to say

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU

arrived today.......stunning.....for me is perfect...nothing noticiable on the wrist...if you wanna play magnificating it.....enjoy your hobby.....but it s ridiculous for me ......

nothing to say

How do you feel about the crystal? Going to keep or switch it for a gen?

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Bezel color is very close, with the gen color slightly richer. However, this is only noticeable with a side by side comparison.
2cc48fd6a1ea20fece9376f9e0ad9bbc.jpg

Sent from my CPH1919 using Tapatalk

As are most flaws, and some cant honestly see those. Only when you ask someone to look for something different, will they then potentially notice something.

Reactions: Tione12

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Thanks for that!

Does anyone know if this is the same insert/colour as the V2s? Or was that closer in colour?

The v2s has he v3 CF insert, so I’d that hasn’t been updated then yeah will be the same.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
I have an old mechanical watch that I found on the street almost 60 years ago ... and it was old when I found it ... at that time it was easy to buy a watch for $ 1. Never been serviced. I still have it. And it still works well all these decades later.
Ask about the lifespan of the watch and I think about this old thing found on the street.

And my 93-year-old mother has an old unnamed quartz watch ... I think it should be at least 50 years old. Probably the new one costs $ 10. Maybe $ 20 maximum. What she wears every day. It's a gold tone finish ... beaten to hell and back ... banged, scratched, gouged ... I looked at it when I changed the battery for it ... gold finish still looks remarkably good.
People are always asking about the life of the gold finish on replica watches and I think about my mother's watch.

I have a 51 year old omega Geneve (my wife wears it) and it works as soon as you pick it up and keeps great time, not sure it’s been serviced either.

Reactions: Russkiy Doc

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
These factories have it made. Call it a new version and the forums make up all the improvements themselves. If they had changed anything other than the bracelet they would be shouting it from the rooftops to keep their marketshare.

This happens a lot. TDs would also mention these updates too.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Honestly, you should not lubricate metal bracelets. It will attract dust and dirt particles as it’s sticky. And dust particles attached to two moving pieces of metal equal abrasion, meaning your bracelet will last less.

And no, cleaning it thoroughly won’t remove the lubricant (and if it does, what’s the purpose of applying it in the first place). Just wear the bracelet and they will get better in a matter of days/weeks.

I always de-plastic and then wash them with a tiny bit of detergent and water and wear, never had an issue.

Reactions: Hinclimincli