• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF V3 Submariners up on Jtime

tanq811

Horology Curious
2/12/19
I have the vr3135 v2s and the winding is smooth and reall good

So, can you please tell me, is it any sign that you know your watch is fully wound? Because i have learned from some threads, and I assume that my watch is already fully wound, so it starts getting roughly after that I can’t wind anymore.

ExOmegaFan

26/7/18
Germany
So, can you please tell me, is it any sign that you know your watch is fully wound? Because i have learned from some threads, and I assume that my watch is already fully wound, so it starts getting roughly after that I can’t wind anymore.

When the fuel tank of your car is full, what do you do? Most likely your answer is that you stop filling it up further (the fuel will spill out). While you try to continue, the fuel pump will work against you and that is what you feel from your watch. I wouldn’t advise to force it, as you win nothing but may lose everything.

Reactions: tanq811

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
Looks like my question got buried amongst the slew of new posts haha!

If any knowledgable owner could chime in, I’d really appreciate it.

Has anybody body carried out any mods (or plan to) for their ZZF V3 Hulk? Does the up-dated crystal/cyclops make upgrading to a gen redundant? How does the dial compare to the Clean factory version?

Finally, if you also own an ARF bracelet, would you say that these new V3’s are actually ARF quality?

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
Can someone confirm zzf v3 bracelet + clasp is the same quality as ARF bracelet set and it is indeed ARF bracelet set?

arf clasp crown tends to be shiny than da rest of the brands.

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
Can someone confirm zzf v3 bracelet + clasp is the same quality as ARF bracelet set and it is indeed ARF bracelet set?

dunno

i have both, my personal judgment is that the ZZF is not identical to the bracelet on the ARF but it isn't worse
brushing on the bracelet (and case) seems slightly different than ARF

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20

I’m in the process of doing my mini review of ZZF V3 vs VSF... I can tell you that the ZZF bracelet is fantastic. Very well done. It feels just as good as my ARF 116710LN bracelet - better in fact due to slightly more rounded corners on the end links (not as sharp as my ARF). Clean Factory and ARF did a really great job on the ZZF V3 bracelet. It’s like night and day vs the ZZF V2 bracelet. Much better quality and feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Patron
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
I’m in the process of doing my mini review of ZZF V3 vs VSF... I can tell you that the ZZF bracelet is fantastic. Very well done. It feels just as good as my ARF 116710LN bracelet - better in fact due to slightly more rounded corners on the end links (not as sharp as my ARF). Clean Factory and ARF did a really great job on the ZZF V3 bracelet. It’s like night and day vs the ZZF V2 bracelet. Much better quality and feel.

Man, that is the review I've been waiting for.

primerafull

15/11/14

Zzfv3 vs vsf bracelet?

Enviado desde mi HD1900 mediante Tapatalk

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
Thanks bros. What about the clasp 2 lock click sound? Is it solid like ARF?

i am using ARF bracelet but the clasp got some flaw and I am looking to change it. But now i am lost which to buy.

Buy a brand new ARF bracelet set or a new zzf v3 (bracelet set and maybe look at the case quality like cg etc). And sell off da rest of the parts.

Voske

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/10/17
I've seen a post on here before referencing dry bycile chain lube. Apparently you get all the benefits of a good lube without the residual oil to attract grit, etc. I haven't tried it because I've never oiled any of my bracelets...

Correct, I'm always using 'Squirt Dry Wax'...works very good, when applying it is a fluid, so it wil penetrate almost everywhere. Once dried, the wax will stay, you just have to clean the bracelet with a dry cloth.
Best trick is to heat the wax and the bracelet a little before putting it on so it will penetrate better.
The bracelet will feel a lot 'smoother' and it stays for a couple of weeks like this.

Reactions: SS72

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
A couple of weeks! Lol. Use mineral oil (aka Baby Oil), it lasts a lot longer than that!!!!

Reactions: Doc_Savage

Voske

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/10/17
I agree but the effect from the wax is very different, the bracelet will be completely silent with the wax and will feel different..hard to explain ;)

Reactions: NightShot

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I have an arf bracelet on my zzf v2s. The bracelet that came with the v2s wasn't great so i bought the arf for it. ootb it was much better than the zzf v2s, but after finishing the edges of the links with a leather belt and lubricating it with 3in1 oil, it feels just like my genuine 116610 bracelet!

Last edited:
Reactions: recan1ze and saucin

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Honestly, you should not lubricate metal bracelets. It will attract dust and dirt particles as it’s sticky. And dust particles attached to two moving pieces of metal equal abrasion, meaning your bracelet will last less.

And no, cleaning it thoroughly won’t remove the lubricant (and if it does, what’s the purpose of applying it in the first place). Just wear the bracelet and they will get better in a matter of days/weeks.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I have an arf bracelet on my zzf v2s. The bracelet that came with the v2s wasn't great so i bought the arf for it. ootb it was much better than the zzf v2s, but after finishing the edges of the links with a leather belt and lubricating it with 3in1 oil, it feels just like my genuine 116610 bracelet!

I am really curious of the leather belt technique :) Could you do a tutorial please

Reactions: masterpiece777

Straightravage

Known Member
4/2/16

If you’re in America I’m sure you own a gun. If oil you use on your freedom stick is good. Then it’s good enough for a wrist watch!

I lubed my V6S once! Almost 4 years ago. And not one issue with the band/noise.

if you don’t have gun lube..go buy a freedom stick defend your freedom.
Then lube your watch.

Reactions: XpanzerX and saucin

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Honestly, you should not lubricate metal bracelets. It will attract dust and dirt particles as it’s sticky. And dust particles attached to two moving pieces of metal equal abrasion, meaning your bracelet will last less.

And no, cleaning it thoroughly won’t remove the lubricant (and if it does, what’s the purpose of applying it in the first place). Just wear the bracelet and they will get better in a matter of days/weeks.

Take the belt off your jeans, fold it over, rub/scrape the edges of your links with it until the sharp edges becomes softer. You will know you are done when the link can no longer shave your fingernail. It's as simple as it sounds, there is no need for a tutorial.

Reactions: masterpiece777