• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APSF and ZF Royal Oak 15500 w 4302 clone caliber

serumdiesel

Madman
17/3/21
The black dial... I've read here about it being the most accurate but it doesn't have the dramatic color / light variations I see with the blue/gray/white dials.

Yeah, the difficulty in replicating that effect with the blue/gray/white is conceivably the reason why it is that black is the most accurate.

dmxzorq

Who let the dog's out!?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
14/5/18
And one more :)

Really happy. Gonna silence rotor a little today evening and it will be all done.

I found a gen crown, but don't know if I want to afford 600 Euro for it. :-D

Reactions: paison

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
6/1/08
Nyc
And one more :)

Really happy. Gonna silence rotor a little today evening and it will be all done.

I found a gen crown, but don't know if I want to afford 600 Euro for it. :-D
Talk to legend to see if it’s worth even doing
Watch looks amazing

Qoqa

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/2/21
For 600€, i'd buy a custom dial if I had a mod to do.

Beautiful watch sir ;)

VersacePrince

Looking Around
9/10/22
London
Slightly disappointed that my watch came after a long wait with a dislodged screw on the pinion rotor and has been turned away for repairs by two watchsmiths already :[

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
Slightly disappointed that my watch came after a long wait with a dislodged screw on the pinion rotor and has been turned away for repairs by two watchsmiths already :[
That sounds bad man, sorry to hear that :(
Had a same issue some years back with a 15500 ZF v1 but gladly my watchmaker could solve it :) When I remember it right he had to drill out a broken screw for a new screw when you understand what I mean, sorry for my bad explaining :D where are you located?

VersacePrince

Looking Around
9/10/22
London
That sounds bad man, sorry to hear that :(
Had a same issue some years back with a 15500 ZF v1 but gladly my watchmaker could solve it :) When I remember it right he had to drill out a broken screw for a new screw when you understand what I mean, sorry for my bad explaining :D where are you located?
Thank bro... yeah the watchmakers have said both unfamiliarity + fragility of the movement gives them no confidence so hoping this third watchsmith I'm seeing on Monday can fix it lol... otherwise I'm hoping it's magnetism that's causing the watch to run fast

currently located in central London!

Reactions: joeyc

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
Thank bro... yeah the watchmakers have said both unfamiliarity + fragility of the movement gives them no confidence so hoping this third watchsmith I'm seeing on Monday can fix it lol... otherwise I'm hoping it's magnetism that's causing the watch to run fast

currently located in central London!
Wish you some good luck mate :)!

slashdotcom1

Renowned Member
16/11/18
Well, i saw couple of videos and it looks pretty good. Check the video, i see trusty already has it and it's even more expensive than ZF

Have they been very good with theirs vs apsf and ZF?

Kettle1

Supporter
Certified
27/12/22
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I am thinking to get the blue dial 15500 modded by amf, as like the image below.

The limitation of the pictures online are not giving me a great enough idea of how much of an improvement this really is from the factory zf V3 to justify, for me anyway, a significantly bigger cost?

Peeps,
in your personal experience, maybe you have had this done or held the gen in your hand, is the additional money worth it?

just to get that already good looking sunburst and darker blue tone of the zf, even more eye catching and closer to genuine?

Any info of your experience or pictures would be a massive help and very much appreciated ?

😊

Reactions: Autobús

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
just to get that already good looking sunburst and darker blue tone of the zf, even more eye catching and closer to genuine?
I wouldn't dare to make any conclusive judgments on "closer to gen" as I've never handled a gen and only own(ed) a single rep.

But when comparing photos, I'd say it definitely doesn't make it look less closer to gen. 😂

Also, it certainly looks amazing, apart from any gen accuracy issues. Plus, I find my rep's edges, especially on the bracelet, a bit too sharp. Again, no idea how the gen feels in this regard in direct comparison.

Sorry, that I can't be much of a help, but I felt like giving my 2 cents worth anyway. 😂

Folks who could perhaps help much better are @legend and @QueTip who have knowledge about AP gens and reps that are out of this world. But there's no guarantee that they have time to reply, so that's another reason I stepped in with my non-knowledge. 😅

PS: Have you tried the search function to find more info? Alternatively, you can also use Google with "site:forum.replica-watch.info" prefix. Gets different (and some people claim better) results than the forum software's search function...

Kettle1

Supporter
Certified
27/12/22
United Kingdom
I wouldn't dare to make any conclusive judgments on "closer to gen" as I've never handled a gen and only own(ed) a single rep.

But when comparing photos, I'd say it definitely doesn't make it look less closer to gen. 😂

Also, it certainly looks amazing, apart from any gen accuracy issues. Plus, I find my rep's edges, especially on the bracelet, a bit too sharp. Again, no idea how the gen feels in this regard in direct comparison.

Sorry, that I can't be much of a help, but I felt like giving my 2 cents worth anyway. 😂

Folks who could perhaps help much better are @legend and @QueTip who have knowledge about AP gens and reps that are out of this world. But there's no guarantee that they have time to reply, so that's another reason I stepped in with my non-knowledge. 😅

PS: Have you tried the search function to find more info? Alternatively, you can also use Google with "site:forum.replica-watch.info" prefix. Gets different (and some people claim better) results than the forum software's search function...
hahaha your non-knowledge is far superior to my non-knowledge humble sir and sincere thanks for your input! I am defo with you on the never handling the gens front too, I need a mortgage first and we all know cheap they are these days :D

I already have a stock rep diver but after comparing it with a mates gen, was surprised how close it was, except the dial, which was, in every way, we agreed, no where near as striking. Not even close.

Its really hard to tell whether its worth it from the available photos and without having had the gen 15500 or 15500 mod dial in hand, I suppose I be paying significantly for something that might not be significantly better. At least I know it defo wont make it look less closer to gen, which is one perspective I never considered 😂

I am more concerned with the richness of the colour, the sunburst and eye catching qualities, but I am sure that the modders will be aiming to achieve the gen finish in any case [because whether us reppers like to admit it or not, its not a dealbreaker, but we kinda would prefer it was].

That is exactly why I am asking for peoples experiences, which I think would be far more reliable to inform my decision, so I think legend or perhaps other dudes that have experienced these pieces intimately may advise me on my quest to get my best possible rep!

I wont hold my breath but who knows 👀 !!

I have been searching for info like a mod dial stalker but will follow your prefix idea to see if I can unearth some juicy info on the blue mod and whether its worth even more of my mortgage savings!!

Wish me luck!

Stay lucky(y)

Kettle1

Supporter
Certified
27/12/22
United Kingdom
hahaha your non-knowledge is far superior to my non-knowledge humble sir and sincere thanks for your input! I am defo with you on the never handling the gens front too, I need a mortgage first and we all know cheap they are these days :D

I already have a stock rep diver but after comparing it with a mates gen, was surprised how close it was, except the dial, which was, in every way, we agreed, no where near as striking. Not even close.

Its really hard to tell whether its worth it from the available photos and without having had the gen 15500 or 15500 mod dial in hand, I suppose I be paying significantly for something that might not be significantly better. At least I know it defo wont make it look less closer to gen, which is one perspective I never considered 😂

I am more concerned with the richness of the colour, the sunburst and eye catching qualities, but I am sure that the modders will be aiming to achieve the gen finish in any case [because whether us reppers like to admit it or not, its not a dealbreaker, but we kinda would prefer it was].

That is exactly why I am asking for peoples experiences, which I think would be far more reliable to inform my decision, so I think legend or perhaps other dudes that have experienced these pieces intimately may advise me on my quest to get my best possible rep!

I wont hold my breath but who knows 👀 !!

I have been searching for info like a mod dial stalker but will follow your prefix idea to see if I can unearth some juicy info on the blue mod and whether its worth even more of my mortgage savings!!

Wish me luck!

Stay lucky(y)
Managed to find this. Thanks mate. That prefix worked!

Looks worth doing ... my wallets defo feeling blue :D