• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APSF and ZF Royal Oak 15500 w 4302 clone caliber

1665fan

Patron
Certified
17/2/16
Does anyone know if the new rep movement is more silent then the Miyota one was?

Reactions: bgbgbgbgbg

Adskee

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/21
Looking forward to your photos of the watch. Did you get your tracking already? I still did not get my tracking information. Lana emailed me saying that there were delays caused by the current COVID situation in Guangzhou City.
Yes, got the tracking, currently in Germany so shouldn't be too long. I did order a couple of weeks ago, maybe those issues are very recent?

Adskee

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/21
Now I can see the brownish tint everyone was talking about. But as you said, without a side-by-side comparison it's hard to tell and then just in good lighting conditions. Still very nice imo.
If my friend still has his gen when I return to the UK, might try and do a side-by-side.

Reactions: Yacht-Monster

fireice2

Known Member
4/3/19
Yes, got the tracking, currently in Germany so shouldn't be too long. I did order a couple of weeks ago, maybe those issues are very recent?
I think I ordered a few days after you. Oh well. Waiting is part of the rep game.

VenomGT3

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/22
USA
I just ordered a white dial and am so excited to get it. Which one is closer to gen? I might buy the blue one too in a few weeks and sell the one that I least prefer.

My biggest question: is this ZF V3 going to have the best finished bracelet of the 15500 reps we’ve had to date?

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
In my opinion the Grey version in Gen is by far my favourite. Black dials in general when it comes to watches are quite common . If the grey was a tiny bit improved there will be no question "grey dial" all day but in comparison to the black , the dial flaws are a little bit more noticeable which is why people are playing safe.

Don't play safe my friend, safe is boring LOL , right choice it's a great looking piece :)

Worst case scenario you can either purchase a gen dial at some point or if grey dial is improved (Maybe V6 haha) you can always swap it.
I used to own the grey gen, as well as black, white and blue 15400’s and I have to say I dont agree with you.

Yes, it was a nice change, but the novelty of it soon worn off and it was just bland and boring. White(silver really) and blue are still much more interesting and the beauty of them, mainly because of the lightplay, lasted longer for me.

But then again, this is purely personal preference. :)

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
I used to own the grey gen, as well as black, white and blue 15400’s and I have to say I dont agree with you.

Yes, it was a nice change, but the novelty of it soon worn off and it was just bland and boring. White(silver really) and blue are still much more interesting and the beauty of them, mainly because of the lightplay, lasted longer for me.

But then again, this is purely personal preference. :)
Exactly, down to personal preference. I understand some might like the Black dial in terms of colour contrast of dial to other parts of the watch/bracelet but I like the Monochrome look too which the grey/silver dial gives and blends in with the bracelet.

The grey gen dial, by the way still has that interesting light effect on the dial... maybe not as much as the light effect on the blue dial especially...

Also if you go to any AD, they often stock white dial and the black dial . I rarely see the grey dial, another reason I appreciate it more.

Reactions: Star70

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Exactly, down to personal preference. I understand some might like the Black dial in terms of colour contrast of dial to other parts of the watch/bracelet but I like the Monochrome look too which the grey/silver dial gives and blends in with the bracelet.

The grey gen dial, by the way still has that interesting light effect on the dial... maybe not as much as the light effect on the blue dial especially...

Also if you go to any AD, they often stock white dial and the black dial . I rarely see the grey dial, another reason I appreciate it more.

Yes it has, but to my eyes, it doesnt have the same depth as the blue or even the white. The black is the most boring, but sort of “dressiest” if thats even a word :D

You are lucky, that your ADs even have any, I have relationships with ADs in 3 countries and they usually have nada 😂

Reactions: SuperLory

WatchFreak!

4/10/12
EU
Me... still waiting for the rose gold V3s to get released

Mr Bean Reaction GIF

Reactions: raytron