• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APSF and ZF Royal Oak 15500 w 4302 clone caliber

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Hmmm, immediately questioning my choice of grey :cautious:
just because some model is more popular than your choice does not mean that your personal choice is the incorrect one ;) everyone has different taste!

Star70

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
19/1/20
just because some model is more popular than your choice does not mean that your personal choice is the incorrect one ;) everyone has different taste!
I totally agree with you I am also waiting on a Grey dial from AMF.

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
In principle I like the grey, too, and I usually don't care that much about gen-likeness. However, what I like about the grey is the way it shines and glitters in the light. I saw that the black one (pics thereof) have a similar effect, so much so that at first I thought they were grey. Anyways, I'm in no hurry right now and will wait a bit to see if the grey improves, if the black actually does the trick, or if I experience a sea change in taste and go for the white. White dials are gorgeous and I don't have that many in my collection....

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
just because some model is more popular than your choice does not mean that your personal choice is the incorrect one ;) everyone has different tast
Hmmm, immediately questioning my choice of grey :cautious:
In my opinion the Grey version in Gen is by far my favourite. Black dials in general when it comes to watches are quite common . If the grey was a tiny bit improved there will be no question "grey dial" all day but in comparison to the black , the dial flaws are a little bit more noticeable which is why people are playing safe.

Don't play safe my friend, safe is boring LOL , right choice it's a great looking piece :)

Worst case scenario you can either purchase a gen dial at some point or if grey dial is improved (Maybe V6 haha) you can always swap it.

madmax783

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/10/21
Same here. Ordered a gray 15500, QC within 2-3 days (checked that JEWEL was spelled correctly obviously), shipped the same day and on the way now.
Did you order the ZF v3 model which has the spelling issue ? If so I was not aware that they fixed it.

PAPA_WHALE

All a man needs is a good suit and a watch.
19/6/22
Black is more popular by far thus the times are longer!
Grey is pretty, but a bit far from a GEN in terms of its shade.

Adskee

26/9/21
Of course, you're totally right. I want the grey one. But I was concerned that the dial was a poor replica, never great to hear that it's the least popular. Anyway we'll see, will be here in a few days, sure I'll love it.

raytron

Known Member
28/6/19
Yeah I too want to know about the rose gold. But is the coloring any good or do these reps loose their gold tone after a while?

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Of course, you're totally right. I want the grey one. But I was concerned that the dial was a poor replica, never great to hear that it's the least popular. Anyway we'll see, will be here in a few days, sure I'll love it.
Could you please share images? I'm a fan of the grey version and it would be nice to see what it's like. Thanks.

Reactions: Feefo

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
IMG_20221114_132520.jpg

Eagle has landed

Adskee

26/9/21
Sure thing, here you go
Can't really tell what the shimmer on the display looks like because of the lighting, not even from the video, but it will be here soon so I guess I'll see. TBH, I haven't even seen one in real life so I probably wouldn't know the difference. I was offered one for £35k last week, good price, but hard to justify over a rep of this quality.

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Can't really tell what the shimmer on the display looks like because of the lighting, not even from the video, but it will be here soon so I guess I'll see. TBH, I haven't even seen one in real life so I probably wouldn't know the difference. I was offered one for £35k last week, good price, but hard to justify over a rep of this quality.
Now I can see the brownish tint everyone was talking about. But as you said, without a side-by-side comparison it's hard to tell and then just in good lighting conditions. Still very nice imo.

fireice2

Known Member
4/3/19
Looking forward to your photos of the watch. Did you get your tracking already? I still did not get my tracking information. Lana emailed me saying that there were delays caused by the current COVID situation in Guangzhou City.