• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF RM55, new super clone movement

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
ABD is a non-TD that was sourcing or producing relatively high quality NTPT cases. They collaborated with ZF for their V3 and V4 RM35-02 and their RM055 White Legend/Yas Marina. They were not completely accurate to gen but they were probably the best that has been available for an RM rep so far (excluding the CNC cases being used in these custom high end vaucher builds)

Here is the one of the models for reference: https://puretimewatch.io/rm055-yas-...t-edition-on-black-rubber-strap-nh05a-v3.html
Could not have said it better.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
So the movement is cloned but now the defect is the carbon case?

Next time they add the ABD carbon, but make something else shit. lol

greenbeans

12/9/20
ABD is a non-TD that was sourcing or producing relatively high quality NTPT cases. They collaborated with ZF for their V3 and V4 RM35-02 and their RM055 White Legend/Yas Marina. They were not completely accurate to gen but they were probably the best that has been available for an RM rep so far (excluding the CNC cases being used in these custom high end vaucher builds)

Here is the one of the models for reference: https://puretimewatch.io/rm055-yas-...t-edition-on-black-rubber-strap-nh05a-v3.html
Thanks for clarifying, it does seem like there is quite a way to go for this rep

greenbeans

12/9/20
So the movement is cloned but now the defect is the carbon case?

Next time they add the ABD carbon, but make something else shit. lol
Hope another factory picks up this rep movement like clean or something, only real way to get the best reps is some healthy competition.

Falter

Gold Patron
Certified
8/8/20
No, ZF looks shit based of puretime pics so far. Seems they not use “ABD” carbon anymore.
It's a shame as besides the movement the case shape/dimensions/screw placements itself is also the best I've seen on a mass produced RM rep so far.

Falter

Gold Patron
Certified
8/8/20
I'm not sure why but to my eyes, the red and black one looks like it has a better carbon pattern than all the other ones.
Is it going to be another lottery based rep to get a good looking carbon?

Stuvetjee

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
It's a shame as besides the movement the case shape/dimensions/screw placements itself is also the best I've seen on a mass produced RM rep so far.
Check the VVS 12-01. Best repped case in dimensions and curvature.

Stuvetjee

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
I'm not sure why but to my eyes, the red and black one looks like it has a better carbon pattern than all the other ones.
Is it going to be another lottery based rep to get a good looking carbon?

All too zebra patterned in my opinion. Almost all gens have nice flakered pattern.

r6538

25/6/13
imagine getting one of these movement serviced. lol, impossible

wonder how the reliability is going to be

Reactions: GiantSquid

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19

The servicing shouldn't be that hard because it's super simple, it's replacing anything that breaks ever that's going to probably be close to impossible without a lathe or a donor watch. I'm hoping it gets as popular and available as the 4130 but that's probably never going to happen.

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18

Panda

🐼
Patron
Certified
10/11/21

why would you bother servicing it? It would make sense to just to buy the newer version haha

greenbeans

12/9/20
why would you bother servicing it? It would make sense to just to buy the newer version haha
Because
1. $1k is not a trivial amount.
2. Most people don't want to go through the hassle of qc, customs, waiting weeks (months) every time there's a small issue
3. Buying a new rep doesn't guarantee it'll run perfectly, some people service it right off the bat
3. Instead of rushing and buying early versions some of us wait till it get to a version we're happy with and just go with it and there isn't aren't any massive updates that make much difference, like we see for daytona, Pepsi etc for example.

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
Will Ferrell Movie GIF by filmeditor

Panda

🐼
Patron
Certified
10/11/21
Because
1. $1k is not a trivial amount.
2. Most people don't want to go through the hassle of qc, customs, waiting weeks (months) every time there's a small issue
3. Buying a new rep doesn't guarantee it'll run perfectly, some people service it right off the bat
3. Instead of rushing and buying early versions some of us wait till it get to a version we're happy with and just go with it and there isn't aren't any massive updates that make much difference, like we see for daytona, Pepsi etc for example.

Yes agreed but you understand servicing costs money also right? Watchmakers are not cheap either , does it make sense to spend 4-500$ servicing a watch that’s worth 1k? Yes I’m sure you can find someone to do it cheaper, but like with most things in life you get what you pay for.

To each their own though. That’s simply my opinion

greenbeans

12/9/20
Yes agreed but you understand servicing costs money also right? Watchmakers are not cheap either , does it make sense to spend 4-500$ servicing a watch that’s worth 1k? Yes I’m sure you can find someone to do it cheaper, but like with most things in life you get what you pay for.

To each their own though. That’s simply my opinion
You can do what you want, not disagreeing, just saying why not everyone would do the exact same as you.
Also I've never paid anywhere near $500 to service a rep. Closer to £130-£150 which might partly explain the difference.

Reactions: Panda