• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF RM55, new super clone movement

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
I think the 055 clone movement tier list is as below

1) Clone using Gen Parmigiani/Vaucher movement parts
2) Chinese Clone Vaucher (lots of sellers are using these now as the prices have come down a lot)
3) ZF Clone
4) Any other Miyota based movements

They used Parmigiani parts because the RM055 movement uses the same parts that are all Supplied to Parmigiani and Richard Mille by Vaucher. Vaucher is a movement parts manufacturing company. Parmigiani was a good choice because their watches loses a lot of value and dealers could buy them at cheap prices and make them into clone RM movements.

so #1 is basically like a 20% gen franken watch.

Rmmodlover

Richard Mille High End Modification Enthusiast
4/9/24
Singapore
I’d think the Chinese clone vaucher and ZF clone are similar?
Is not similar at all. The craftsmanship for Vaucher is definitely much more better , the barrel and also titanium stripes is completely shine different under the light. In the ZF the titanium stripes they just stick it unlike in Vaucher and that’s the reason why the price likely to be 10x more expensive for clone Vaucher

Known Member
15/12/15
Just place an order and paid for the White RM055 ceramic with PureTime. They said they need 2-3 weeks for QC pics?

I have bought from many other TDs and it took 2-3 days max.

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
Just place an order and paid for the White RM055 ceramic with PureTime. They said they need 2-3 weeks for QC pics?

Ok then cancel your order and place it with the other TDs. We have the power of choice. Let's see if the other TDs can do it faster.

Known Member
15/12/15
It just released ofc its gonna take longer
Just found out because there is a Chinese holiday from 1 Oct - 7 Oct called Golden Week. But that doesn’t explain why they take 2-3 weeks.
Ok then cancel your order and place it with the other TDs. We have the power of choice. Let's see if the other TDs can do it faster.
Exactly. PureTime seems to have too much business so they are slower compared to smaller TDs.

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
Just found out because there is a Chinese holiday from 1 Oct - 7 Oct called Golden Week. But that doesn’t explain why they take 2-3 weeks.

Exactly. PureTime seems to have too much business so they are slower compared to smaller TDs.
Bro trying to estimate when dealers deliver is a crap shoot. Even most dealers are beholden to the factory to deliver the watch to them.

Dealers lose either way. They say 5 days for QC and don't deliver, people get mad and call them scammers. They say 3 weeks for QC and people say it's too long. What can they do?

Letting go of having hard deadlines for QC or watches makes the rep game easier.

I have used both non TD, TD, local seller and had timelines all over. Average is 10 days but longer or shorter is normal. Hot models like this RM055 probably will take longer since limited stock release for a first batch.

I had QC in 4 hours once for a VSF sub. I also waited 3 months for my Arabic Daydate.

Reactions: GiantSquid

ObscureShape

Getting To Know The Place
8/6/24
USA

I ordered the ZF RM55 the day after it first released and my QC took just under 3 weeks, it was a long wait but well worth it. I ordered something else in stock and got QC in 3 days. The delay is probably part of a a pre-order/stocking phase.