• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF New release Hublot BIG BANG Unico with Colorful Ceramic

VenomGT3

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/22
USA
Yeah, I’ve always had reservations about the 7750 movement but I feel like if you don’t mess with the chrono too much, then you shouldn’t have any issues. I feel like the label of it being a time bomb movement is a bit exaggerated.

Reactions: JCBiver888

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
@2fast4lust Just a quick question, have the chronograph functions been holding up with use? Also, I know it’s a 7750 movement, but how is the feel of the buttons when you engage the chronograph? Does it feel pretty solid?

I've never played with the chronographs once they clear QC. But from what Ive seen in the QCs they click pretty well...

That's my personal rule of thumb, regardless of it being a 4130, 7750 or Hfac 7753s... Thou shant play with the chronograph

JCBiver888

Horology Curious
6/7/22
I've never played with the chronographs once they clear QC. But from what Ive seen in the QCs they click pretty well...

That's my personal rule of thumb, regardless of it being a 4130, 7750 or Hfac 7753s... Thou shant play with the chronograph
Thanks for the feedback! I will try to resist the urge when I get this one. :)

Ifcowscouldfly

Supporter
Certified
25/3/17
Australia
Thanks @TheDonSL ! Any thoughts on how one would get alternative straps? If the attachment mechanism is the same as a 42mm Big Bang, perhaps we could get it custom made (i.e. 42mm attachment mechanism but the actual strap being the width of a 45mm version)?

Reactions: VenomGT3

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
Thanks @TheDonSL ! Any thoughts on how one would get alternative straps? If the attachment mechanism is the same as a 42mm Big Bang, perhaps we could get it custom made (i.e. 42mm attachment mechanism but the actual strap being the width of a 45mm version)?
You have to use the rep straps only because they made the insert proprietary unlike the better V6 factory ones. So you either have to source the straps from a TD or if you buy 2 or more Hublot ZF/BBF reps you can swap the straps.

Ifcowscouldfly

Supporter
Certified
25/3/17
Australia
You have to use the rep straps only because they made the insert proprietary unlike the better V6 factory ones. So you either have to source the straps from a TD or if you buy 2 or more Hublot ZF/BBF reps you can swap the straps.
Sorry for all the question, but it's the insert completely proprietary, or are they using the 42mm insert on the 45mm watch?

If the insert is just the 42mm one, we can probably still get straps custom made right? But if it is completely proprietary, that option goes out the window.

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
Sorry for all the question, but it's the insert completely proprietary, or are they using the 42mm insert on the 45mm watch?

If the insert is just the 42mm one, we can probably still get straps custom made right? But if it is completely proprietary, that option goes out the window.
It’s proprietary. It’s been discussed in other threads. No genuine strap will fit the reps unlike the old V6 which would take a gen strap.

Reactions: leo6929

VenomGT3

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/22
USA
Yeah if they make straps to interchange easily with these ZF’s, that’d be awesome. Don’t even have to be rubber

JCBiver888

Horology Curious
6/7/22
Yeah if they make straps to interchange easily with these ZF’s, that’d be awesome. Don’t even have to be rubber
I pulled the trigger on the yellow ceramic model because of @2fast4lust awesome pictures :p and also purchased the straps for the White and Black ceramic models from my TD. Will let the group how these fit once I receive these. I checked with my TD and he also said these these are interchangeable.

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
@2fast4lust Just a quick question, have the chronograph functions been holding up with use? Also, I know it’s a 7750 movement, but how is the feel of the buttons when you engage the chronograph? Does it feel pretty solid?
I only triggered it once upon receiving and then never did again.

Ive sold both the first and updated one so I no longer have it with it.

It feels snappy. I really wouldn't recommend playing with it regardless. Hahaha

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
I only triggered it once upon receiving and then never did again.

Ive sold both the first and updated one so I no longer have it with it.

It feels snappy. I really wouldn't recommend playing with it regardless. Hahaha
I bought the updated one from 2fast4lust, and can attest that the chrono works nicely.. but why would you chance it by using it repeatedly?... I know I won't :sneaky:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I have the gen, best watch ever!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually if you think about it, before the AP ROO evolved to use the new 4404 caliber, the Unico movement is superior in terms of the integrated flyback chrono, the design and execution and the power reserve. Also the quick change straps system employed by Hublot just about put the 26170/26470 ROOs to shame. So hated Hublot may be, one cannot deny the technical superiority of the Unico movement vs the piggyback 3126/3840 caliber used by AP in the past. brand prestige and image aside.

Even now with the upgraded AP 4404 caliber, the decoration and rotor leaves something to be desired IMHO.
So my point is with the desirable color scheme of the sky blue Unico, I can agree that it is one of the best watches in its class. Such statements are of course highly subjective, but I can see the basis of your remark.

JCBiver888

Horology Curious
6/7/22
I just received my QC pictures from my TD, and noticed that they built this with the old version i.e.(not updated 10 marker, different shaped hands, etc.) I had to request my TD to contact the factory build another one with the updated 10 marker. For those of you who order this, be on the look out for this. For some reason, the factory is calling the dial with the updated 10 marker V1, and the older version V2.