• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF IWC 3777 Petite Prince is out!!!

undercoverz

17/9/15
Wow!!! I'm speechless, good catch...

Seriously, if you call this an 'evident tell', I don't think you're in the right place. Maybe in TRF ;)

I can totally live with that should I never have owned a 3777-06.

This is just let you folks know who may otherwise think it is that great.

Sorry for the spoiler.

WatchnScotch

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/12/10
I can totally live with that should I never have owned a 3777-06. This is just let you folks know who may otherwise think it is that great. Sorry for the spoiler.

In my book if a rep's only real tell is on the case back, it is "that great".

I honestly thought you were joking when you said the was an obvious tell on the case back.

undercoverz

17/9/15
In my book if a rep's only real tell is on the case back, it is "that great".

I honestly thought you were joking when you said the was an obvious tell on the case back.

I wasn't. Though not sure why people here already have such overwhelming expectation for a newly released IWC piece.

Maybe it's just a matter of perspective, isn't it?

I'm new to IWC reps. But in my more familiar field with many pams, especially pams with rep P9000 movements, case back is where the tell lies and thus deprive them super rep status. Such flaws are even less evident if not compared side by side to a gen.

Whereas in the case of ZF 3777-06, the missing dot creates a vacuum and inconsistency on that ring which immediately become noticeable even without presence of a gen, if you see it in real life.

Bear with me, I shall upload a upfront shot of ZF 3777-06 backcase in the next couple of days in this thread.

WatchnScotch

Certified
10/12/10
I wasn't. Though not sure why people here already have such overwhelming expectation for a newly released IWC piece. Maybe it's just a matter of perspective, isn't it? I'm new to IWC reps. But in my more familiar field with many pams, especially pams with rep P9000 movements, case back is where the tell lies and thus deprive them super rep status. Such flaws are even less evident if not compared side by side to a gen. Whereas in the case of ZF 3777-06, the missing dot creates a vacuum and inconsistency on that ring which immediately become noticeable even without presence of a gen, if you see it in real life. Bear with me, I shall upload a upfront shot of ZF 3777-06 backcase in the next couple of days in this thread.

One, I don't think I have ever really examined the back of my own watches or someone else's watch either. Even after you mentioned what the tell was, I still had to look extremely close to see it.

I guess we just live in different worlds of what is acceptable and not acceptable on watch.

merowinger

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/13
Switzerland
Thanks for the video. Great colour, dial and sunburst. Sub-dials are the only tell imo, but this rep is great for sure.

rhc22

26/11/11
I wasn't. Though not sure why people here already have such overwhelming expectation for a newly released IWC piece.

Maybe it's just a matter of perspective, isn't it?

I'm new to IWC reps. But in my more familiar field with many pams, especially pams with rep P9000 movements, case back is where the tell lies and thus deprive them super rep status. Such flaws are even less evident if not compared side by side to a gen.

Whereas in the case of ZF 3777-06, the missing dot creates a vacuum and inconsistency on that ring which immediately become noticeable even without presence of a gen, if you see it in real life.

Bear with me, I shall upload a upfront shot of ZF 3777-06 backcase in the next couple of days in this thread.

It is a bit of an omission, perhaps it is just the initial batch like the 'Spiteire' engraving error on the first version of that one.

undercoverz

17/9/15
It is a bit of an omission, perhaps it is just the initial batch like the 'Spiteire' engraving error on the first version of that one.

I hope ZF will fix this omission after the initial batch. That's the whole point of bringing this thing up. Cheers

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
Once again: no. But you can place a custom order of the gen with bracelet - if you wish - at every AD.

wollerau

Known Member
26/10/15
Not sure which factory but it's not the new ZF. Compare the dial and the AR in both videos :)
Maybe V6F?

shewie

Renowned Member
27/9/14
London
Newly released 3777-06 Petit with SS Bracelet, we can see in close up the sunburst as well and overall quality of the watch.
Enjoy.

peterpl

Supporter
Certified
24/7/11
^ I cant see sunburst on the sub dials?

rhc22

26/11/11
There is no sunburst on the Gen sub dials. The 'sunburst' effect on the sub dials is just the light reflecting off the rings. This is the same as the spitfire, Portuguese e.t.c.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ianm

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/10
There is no sunburst on the Gen sub dials. The 'sunburst' effect on the sub dials is just the light reflecting off the rings. This is the same as the spitfire, Portuguese e.t.c.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Agreed!