• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF IWC 3777 Petite Prince is out!!!

shewie

Renowned Member
27/9/14
London
I havent been here for a while so I'm asking you overall question about chrono mechanism robustness, because I like when the second hand is flying around but I'd like to make at the same time it will brake inside into "thousend pieces".
I think we can agree on that ZF's movements are far from perfection in rep industry.

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
I think we can agree on that ZF's movements are far from perfection in rep industry.

No, we can't agree on. Rep movements are never perfect but ZF isn't "far from perfection" e.g. look at this. And in case of the 3777 we are talking about the A7750 which is not build by ZF, so ZF bashing doesn't hit the point. The A7750 is not a monster in stability, but a long used movement and at least not bad.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
24/7/11
These are 2 different issues. The main issue is ZF QC but I think because we complained so much they have upped their game recently. The movement has nothing to do with ZF they are outsourced and probably every maker gets it from similar sources.

Homer-69

7/9/13
You think that the manufacturing of watches ZF is going to improve because we complained

You read something about it

sagemaster

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
18/6/16
I guess generally the A7750 is a hit and miss game. Had some noisy rotor issues when i got mine. sounded like pinballs inside the case.

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
Just (let) oil the rotor. Mechanical watches need some service, reps need service after buying. The 7750 is a good and reliable movement and not a hit and miss game. I guess it was developed a while before you were born...

xtremeag

9/9/16
Can someone please help me in some question:

On the caseback of the 377706: is the upper part dark and lower part bright (where the boy is standing) or is it the opposite?
I have seen different version around and I'm not sure how it should be and how it is done in the gen IWC. I have QC pictures of the 377706 and the lower part is bright and the sky part is dark but I saw some pics around here and it looks the opposite.
So what is correct? Or does it depend on the lightning? BTW: intime has 2 dots now on the caseback!

xtremeag

9/9/16
Can someone please tell me if that is good:

+10s/d 302*, 0.2ms, 28800 in the test of my watch from intime.
They want me to let them know if they can send the watch. Please help me someone bcs I really dont know what all these numbers mean and if that is good or not.

aligborat69

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/12
UK
Can someone please tell me if that is good:

+10s/d 302*, 0.2ms, 28800 in the test of my watch from intime.
They want me to let them know if they can send the watch. Please help me someone bcs I really dont know what all these numbers mean and if that is good or not.

I think that's ok, it means it gains about 10 sec per day, I mean mine loses 8 sec per day.

You never get it perfect.

xtremeag

9/9/16
can someone please tell me the lug size \ buckle width for the 377706.
My watch seems to arrive next week and I'd like to buy a strap for this watch. Info is highly appreciated! (I bought the steel bracelet and want to switch it to leather)

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09
Why do you think so?
I have had watches for many years, and always run my chronos (unless quartz).
I try out the chrono mechanism when I first receive the watch just to make sure it works.
After that I avoid using it.
Just asking for eventual trouble I would think.

xtremeag

9/9/16
Got my 377706 today and unfortunately the cchronograph hour count at six o clock is misaligned. It is mot at 12 when deactivated and about ten degrees to the right. Its really sad. Is it somehow fixable? Should i tell it my td? i have only used the chronograph for 1 Minute twice as a test.

xtremeag

9/9/16
Can somebody please tell me if you have SUNBURST effect on the subdial?? I dont have it at all with the current ZF version.
Is that normal? Do you have it with the 377706 and should it be there?

merowinger

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/13
Switzerland
e00fbd75e63e37da20dc5159f3ed53bb.jpg

NewFan0803

15/1/16
So to summarise the potential QC issues with this ZF 3777-06 is:
- Scratches on dial
- Missing dot on caseback
- Crooked numerals ?
- Dust on dials ?
- Datewheel not centered
- Chrono hour hand keeps running

Is there anything else you guys ve noticed ? Trying to pull the trigger on this one :p