• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF IWC 3777 Petite Prince is out!!!

pancorjackhammer

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/15
I have a basic V6 3777 and I think the the ZFs I got recently have nicer AR with more of that bluish tint. I want also the PP chrono but now can't decide between the cheaper V6 (quite cheaper on Toro's site) or the newer ZF.
PS: I can live with "fatal" flaws on the backside but I am anal when it comes to the front :))))

fabbe79

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
I have a basic V6 3777 and I think the the ZFs I got recently have nicer AR with more of that bluish tint. I want also the PP chrono but now can't decide between the cheaper V6 (quite cheaper on Toro's site) or the newer ZF.
PS: I can live with "fatal" flaws on the backside but I am anal when it comes to the front :))))
Totally agree.. and considering the recent comparison I'm going for ZF

Kornsoup

Getting To Know The Place
11/2/16
Gbaxbx.jpg

Hi, long time lurker here.
Here's my ZF version. before purchase, I thought ZF's sub dials were matte. They are actually quite glossy but definitely no sunburst effect.

alexwaffle

20/1/16
Hey guys, can someone teach me what does these (the readings) mean? While 10s/d this should be saying that I will gain 10 seconds per day right? But is this good or? What are the remaining ones? 28800 is the beats per hour.

Sent from my Samsung Note Edge

mrjoe

22/8/15
You sure this is ZF? Any other pics?

Gbaxbx.jpg

Hi, long time lurker here.
Here's my ZF version. before purchase, I thought ZF's sub dials were matte. They are actually quite glossy but definitely no sunburst effect.

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
Hey guys, can someone teach me what does these (the readings) mean? While 10s/d this should be saying that I will gain 10 seconds per day right? But is this good or? What are the remaining ones? 28800 is the beats per hour.

That means your watch is running too fast with 10 seconds per day in this precise position. The amplitude of the balance wheel is 277° and the beat error is 0.2ms. These are perfect values.

I won't give that much to this timegrapher pictures. The +10s/d is for this particular watch position. Putting it to another position and measuring agin will show a complete different variance.

If you wear your watch you move it to some 10 thousnds of different positions a day (otherwise you are clinically dead). Every shaking of your arm moves the watch and has an impact to the amplitude of the balance wheel. The harder you move and stop again (hitting the watch to the table e.g.) the bigger is the impact to the amplitude.

Every impact to the amplitude makes a difference in the daily variance of the movement. Even if you regulate the movement to 0s/d in one or better 4-5 positions, the variance per day can be big.

My 3777 with a gen IWC 79320 inside show -20s/d in this position (face up). If I wear it normally it has a variance of +5s - per month... That's the reason why I regulate all my watches to round about -10s/d. And they all are working well.

The amplitude is a much more quality depending value. Values around 280° are perfect for the 7750. If the amplitude is too low or too high it has a big influence on the variation of the movement and most of the time it is showing a beginning mechanical problem.

alexwaffle

20/1/16
[MENTION=96148]SirCharly86[/MENTION] thanks for the sharing! Will read it through.
[MENTION=53175]higginsd[/MENTION] thanks for the thorough explanation! Short but to the point. Gaining or losing 10 secs a day would not be an issue but does this imply that I need to take care of this watch in a certain way or it will damage the inner watch?

SirCharly86

I'm Pretty Popular
4/2/15
[MENTION=96148]SirCharly86[/MENTION] thanks for the sharing! Will read it through.
[MENTION=53175]higginsd[/MENTION] thanks for the thorough explanation! Short but to the point. Gaining or losing 10 secs a day would not be an issue but does this imply that I need to take care of this watch in a certain way or it will damage the inner watch?

It's acceptable, got it!

Kornsoup

11/2/16
Don't have any other glam shots atm. I do have some qc pics saved.
Sh1J4Z.jpg

shewie

Renowned Member
27/9/14
London
what a beauty! pure gem, purchased via M2M transaction? wear it in good health. I'm jelly, can't wait to get mine.

merowinger

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/13
Switzerland
Thanks, shewie !
The following picture shows the ZF in direct sunlight: the picture was taken with my phone Samsung S6 (!), no picture editing.
It's really perfect (OK, the dot on the backside is still missing) :)
I will try some other straps and post some pictures later, but the bracelet is also high quality indeed, like reported before.

mrjoe

22/8/15
merowinger's 3777 looks quite normal compared to kornsoups. Looks good!