• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Audemars Piguet 15202

kk169

Known Member
7/1/19
But the large hands base has been an issue on so, so many APs for years now. Gentle has made approximately seventeen gazillion dollars just on shaving mods. I don't understand why various makers always have the bases too large (though this one use particularly ridiculous and, sadly, is the only thing I see when I look at an otherwise decent watch).

To the manufactures/watchsmiths/modders out there, is there a reason why they make the hand bases ridiculously big?

Gosh I wish I never learned about the handstack/base/pinion issues on reps! I can hardly unseen them now. Same for the cyclops “black hole” and “halo” effect. These had ruin so many otherwise perfectly fine reps target purchase for me!

Reactions: GingerBubba

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I like the dial (tapp). Doesn’t look like pimples. Audemars print is not shaky. Apparently the pinion is too large compared to gen but I don’t know.

Outdoor plus indoor pic

Thanks for the pics as usual mate.

--------

Reactions: KSwatches

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
Thats the only reason I can see why they'd make that minute hand center so giant. Its just a waste of metal. Its not like it helps keep better time or make the hands stronger. LOL[/QUOTE

Maybe the Miyota needs an air vent for cooling the mechanism :lol3:

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
My own thoughts of ZF VS XF VS GEN :

Royal oak caseback :
Audemars-Piguet-15202-Crystal-Back.jpg

Only serial backcase :

free image hosting

imagehost

free picture hosting

private image hosting

private image hosting

I may be wrong about caseback screws.
I need to see the zF in person to be 100%.

Ap may have used 2 diff screw sizes for the back. I need to dig more.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
A lot of you guys just need to chill... I and a few others have already ordered it. Once we receive them... we'll do photo comparisons to the XF. Just chill, it's early days. All is fine.
And it will remain exactly this. Photo comparisons of a rep to another rep.

Maybe the guys that are interested in this will get lucky and even have someone that has experience from owning or working on genuine 15202's comment on the various reps available. Any statement from anyone else that is just comparing pictures from the internet isn't worth anything as it's lacking the real life / in hand knowledge.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
And it will remain exactly this. Photo comparisons of a rep to another rep.

Maybe the guys that are interested in this will get lucky and even have someone that has experience from owning or working on genuine 15202's comment on the various reps available. Any statement from anyone else that is just comparing pictures from the internet isn't worth anything as it's lacking the real life / in hand knowledge.

Brings to mind a “guru” from the past, whose expertise on gens relies solely on google, YouTube and browsing from shop windows. His knowledge was so extensive that he even openly contradicted gen owners who had the gens in hand. :hehehe:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Brings to mind a “guru” from the past, whose expertise on gens relies solely on google, YouTube and browsing from shop windows. His knowledge was so extensive that he even openly contradicted gen owners who had the gens in hand. :hehehe:

Ohh.. I think I remember that one as well bro. :lol: :qtip2:

Reactions: BIONONE and legend

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Ohh.. I think I remember that one as well bro. :lol: :qtip2:

Shhh guys! You're giving me a bad reputation. Don't be jelly mad that I know more than you, with my $100 dhgate shitter, than you with your gens. You just don't like it.

One day I'll write a book and I'll give you some credit in my inspiration section, for always being wrong and inspiring me to always be right. Thank you and you're welcome.

Last edited:
Reactions: legend and BIONONE

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Yes, this rep is literally unwearable now because of the dial colour.

Everyone, move on. You heard it here first.

Have you guys read anything that's on the previous page? Nobody has any clue whether the colour is good or not because nobody has received the watch yet. So no point making that kind of comments, especially if you've never see a gen in real life

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Have you guys read anything that's on the previous page? Nobody has any clue whether the colour is good or not because nobody has received the watch yet. So no point making that kind of comments, especially if you've never see a gen in real life

I think N0tail_ was being facetious to the guy mentioning the dial color. He's a guy who gets it bro, lol. :hehehe:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
i miss him sometimes tbh

I remember him creating threads and holding court to educate us, posting youtube videos and pics off the net to educate us all about dial colors and details.
He would also not hesitate to "correct" gen AP owners if their observations differ from his. That guy was utterly living in his own world with strange ideas of what gen APs are about.

Reactions: Allure

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Shhh guys! You're giving me a bad reputation. Don't be jelly mad that I know more than you, with my $100 dhgate shitter, than you with your gens. You just don't like it.

One day I'll write a book and I'll give you some credit in my inspiration section, for always being wrong and inspiring me to always be right. Thank you and you're welcome.

J, you should have met that guy I was talking about. I think you would have had plenty to say to that dude lol.
Nobody could argue with his youtube videos trust me, not even if you have the gen in hand 10cm from your eyes.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I think N0tail_ was being facetious to the guy mentioning the dial color. He's a guy who gets it bro, lol. :hehehe:

Thanks bro, I did miss the joke indeed. Apologies to N0tail_ , my brain is not working at its best today ;)

muful9

Horology Curious
4/9/20
Just received my qc pics from puretime. Everything looks ok to me. Just wanted to ask if the time graph results are acceptable? Pics below