• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 15400 Royal Oak

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Thanks for sharing A, I do like the novel approach to a classic.
One thing potential buyers need to know is that even if the color is matched to the gen one, the surface textures of the gen and rep dials are different and hence, the resultant of the color being applied to a different texture in the rep will always result in the finish and tone looking different from the gen ones.
These being novelty (and visually nice) watches, one shouldn’t bother about this of course but I just want to highlight the misleading marketing propaganda put forth by the rep factory.
Having all 4 colors of the gen 15400 in hand does NOT equate to ZF being able to reproduce the colors 1:1 to gen. The dial quality and texture are simply different, so buyers be aware of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

hibee999

20/10/15
I’m glad there’s a DLC option now, I’d like to build a Franken with gen dial. Does anyone have a view as to how good the DLC is versus the “gen” options I.e. titan black / black venom ?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Enjoy fam, some eye candy shots of the nice DLC replica by ZF
For 500 bucks you can't go wrong.

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
Yes, bezel screw are screwed up lol

They worked overtime to screw on those bezel screws for us. Have mercy on them. I’m sure v2 will be refined for us hehehehe

Nonetheless a good break screw. I meant break through

Reactions: SHB

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
Hopefully this will lead us to an awesome ceramic
Production soon... I am in for this.

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Indeed all black is pretty cool, i like the white/silver one as well.

Hmm, i will maybe grab one of theses beauty.

Always wanted to get something different than the blue dial.

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
While they are at DLC/ceramic why not give a go at the 15416?

d737ffa7ef689c05bcbf9557699a7697.jpg

One can always dream....

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
Wow that's absurd. I've literally been thinking of buying a ZF 15400 and then DLC'ing my JF 15400 for a couple of months.

The DLC part seems to be sandblasted/matte finish though, and not polished/brushed. I wanted to go for the brushed look. I will be waiting for more photos but more importantly, a wrist roll video to see the "disco effect" of the bracelet.

Last edited:

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Wow that's absurd. I've literally been thinking of buying a ZF 15400 and then DLC'ing my JF 15400 for a couple of months.

The DLC part seems to be sandblasted/matte finish though, and not polished/brushed. I wanted to go for the brushed look. I will be waiting for more photos but more importantly, a wrist roll video to see the "disco effect" of the bracelet.

I don’t know where the rep factory took inspiration from but if it is from Black Venom, their finish is matt and not brushed. Now in Le Brassus they will definitely finished their DLC brushed....

JimbobFender

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
19/4/15
Central London - UK
Just got my QC's through on an all black ZF DLC 15400 and thought you guys might want to see...

I know QC checks are usually frowned upon but does that look like a scuff or just dirt on the top right of the lugs?

VAzup2.jpg

VAzVOL.jpg

Reactions: farravi

Tobel

6/7/17
Just got my QC's through on an all black ZF DLC 15400 and thought you guys might want to see...

I know QC checks are usually frowned upon but does that look like a scuff or just dirt on the top right of the lugs?

When in doubt just ask your TD to clean it and send you another picture to confirm it was just dust / a stain