• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 15400 - First pictures

C.gjinika

Known Member
10/2/19
Hi Ap fans, I am looking forward to purchase the zf 15400 grey , but when looking ate the pics ate puretime and some other TD what caught my attention was that when the case back of watch was removed a gap in the mother case of the watch was displayed, exactly a gap near the crown ,a small thin rectangular shaped gap, and the caseback seems to not have any water resistance isolator for that, so it looks very easy for water to get throw this gap. So my question is if there is anyone who actually measured the water resistance on this watch or if there is anyone who had any experience in water situations. Its not that i am going to dive with this watch but it would be nice to know that it has some water resistance just in case.

Thanks to you all mates since after reading the most of your informations i decided to choose this watch.
Very helpful THANKS THANKS THANKS...

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Jasonp

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/10/19
Hi Ap fans, I am looking forward to purchase the zf 15400 grey , but when looking ate the pics ate puretime and some other TD what caught my attention was that when the case back of watch was removed a gap in the mother case of the watch was displayed, exactly a gap near the crown ,a small thin rectangular shaped gap, and the caseback seems to not have any water resistance isolator for that, so it looks very easy for water to get throw this gap. So my question is if there is anyone who actually measured the water resistance on this watch or if there is anyone who had any experience in water situations. Its not that i am going to dive with this watch but it would be nice to know that it has some water resistance just in case.

Thanks to you all mates since after reading the most of your informations i decided to choose this watch.
Very helpful THANKS THANKS THANKS...

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

I shower and bath in my JF V5,,,,15400,,,,since October,,,,,no problems and I believe AP do not offer any water resistance on the gen 15400 but I stand corrected if i am wrong,,
,,good luck with your incoming,,

Reactions: C.gjinika

baia64

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/16
Italia
I shower and bath in my JF V5,,,,15400,,,,since October,,,,,no problems and I believe AP do not offer any water resistance on the gen 15400 but I stand corrected if i am wrong,,
,,good luck with your incoming,,

waterproof AP 50 meters

Reactions: Jasonp

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
I don’t know about a V2, but I’d love for them to make the 15400 in Rose Gold.

Makoto

29/2/20
Hey all ,

Hoping someone can help me a bit.

I’m a bit colorblind and I’m having trouble finding which dials are closest to gen.

I’m deciding between white, blue, and black.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hey all ,

Hoping someone can help me a bit.

I’m a bit colorblind and I’m having trouble finding which dials are closest to gen.

I’m deciding between white, blue, and black.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand why it is important for anyone to have a dial color "close to gen" as this is a rep, and even if the dial color is spot on, it will never be gen.
Just buy a color you like and enjoy the watch.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I don't understand why it is important for anyone to have a dial color "close to gen" as this is a rep, and even if the dial color is spot on, it will never be gen.
Just buy a color you like and enjoy the watch.

First of all, Hi Al!

I get your point, but some people like to have a rep that is closest to gen as they can. As they won't be able to get the gen... it's not necessarily a colour they prefer, just the fact that it's the closest. That is their priority, goes above a colour preference, that is their preference.

So although I certainly agree with your point that you should pick what colour you personally enjoy. Sometimes, this question is valid. For example, I love the hulk. But the rep dials are crap, the gen dial is too expensive. Therefore, I avoid the hulk rep. The LN dials are far superior and thus I go with them. That doesn't detract from the green rep dial quality, but to me I wouldn't want an easy instant tell.

The reality is with AP though unless you're in a very affluent area, it's unlikely you're going to come into contact with someone with the gen AP and to be in such close proximity (particularly now lol) that you can directly compare shade colours!

Anyway that said... these AP dials look fantastic... just ordered myself a 15500 (blue) and can't wait to see your comparison, (grey gen - zf). Cheers!

Last edited:

JohnnySack

Horology Curious
25/1/19
Man, after a bit scrolling through this Thread... This watch is just stunning. But really nothing for me and my 6.1 Inch whrist. The smaller 15202 has no second hand, what bothers me too much.

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Rolemars

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
Man, after a bit scrolling through this Thread... This watch is just stunning. But really nothing for me and my 6.1 Inch whrist. The smaller 15202 has no second hand, what bothers me too much.

I don’t know about anyone but I do feel that a watch w/o second hand is kinda dead ... I just wana see something moving on a dial lol

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Try dislodging a dial marker and you will see something moving on the dial each time you move your wrist. :hehehe:

One great way of doing it lol

Jasonp

30/10/19

I think you made the right decision Johnny,,,,
,My gens are between 36mm and 40mm except my Tudor BBG (Harrods ),,,
so I took a gamble with the 15400 and I have a flat 7in wrist but I feel the dial is too big ,,,,
it looks fine with no over hanging lugs but I may Purchase the 39mm in the future and probably let the JF V5 15400 go,,,,,
,it’s bracelet and clasp are superb imho,,,,a real audible snap when you close the clasp but just feels a tad large for my personal taste,,,,,,
best of luck with your future incoming

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14

AP 15450 at 36mm can be an option worth considering.

jksko

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
12/1/20
Paris
Hi Gent, would you consider the the 15400 from ZF as a super clone ?
If you had to choose in between a 15500 and 15400, which one is the the closest to super clone ?

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Hi Gent, would you consider the the 15400 from ZF as a super clone ?
If you had to choose in between a 15500 and 15400, which one is the the closest to super clone ?

I would consider, reading the thread. And not expecting to be spoon-fed. Crazy idea I know.

But considering the world is in lockdown, you have endless time to make your own decision on this matter. Go read. This thread is short, 79 is short, and the 15500 one is like 30 pages. Go read.

jksko

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
12/1/20
Paris
Sorry I'm new.
Thanks for your answer.
So you recommend to read all the page? Or do you use a tool to know which pages are relevant?