• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 15400 - First pictures

aristole

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/8/19
I have swapped JF bracelet on ZF case and vice versa; the mod is plug and play although JF has two long screws from both sides meanwhile ZF has two shorter ones and a steel bar in between that is not fixed and will simply come out as soon as you unscrew one screw.
I have to say that ZF case and JF bracelet is the best solution ootb in my opinion. JF bracelet feels much more refined compared to ZF, the clasp is better and feels also more solid. The spaces between each link on the bracelet on ZF are wider, this is why the ZF bracelet feels more supple, flexible.

There is no visual difference unless you really do 10x magnification....but the watch really feels more solid.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Can’t decide if I want to get this or franken a 16613.... so torn rn lol

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

If you’re considering a decent 16613 franken build, the cost of a zf15400 will not influence the franken build significantly.
So get both and then you have the choice to wear either watch when they call your name. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

Naughtylus

18/4/19
If you’re considering a decent 16613 franken build, the cost of a zf15400 will not influence the franken build significantly.
So get both and then you have the choice to wear either watch when they call your name. ;)

OH LEGEND!!! YOU’RE A BAD BAD MUSE!!! Hahahahahaha

Sent from the RWI App

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Silver dial (for information):

f0b734afd0a769be814f8e15b1567019.jpg

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I don’t know how anyone can wear JF after seeing these new ZF dials

Same reason why guys can wear the ZF after seeing/handling the gen. Choices available and timing. A lot of guys here own the JF and neither the JF nor ZF are gen so in that context I think the JF is fine.
Reps will evolve and get better and a lot of guys bought the JF before the ZF was released. So try not to make the JF owners feel bad. I know you’re a dealer here, but try to be sensitive to the JF owners too.

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
It reminds me of smart phones coming out with newer versions. The clunky first edition was revolutionary when it first comes out but eventually gets replaced. Some people still have the old versions and sometimes improvements actually make things more complicated. But this analogy isn't perfect because in these watches everything is analog to begin with. Anyway, thanks for sticking up to JF owners :)

Reactions: legend

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Same reason why guys can wear the ZF after seeing/handling the gen. Choices available and timing. A lot of guys here own the JF and neither the JF nor ZF are gen so in that context I think the JF is fine.
Reps will evolve and get better and a lot of guys bought the JF before the ZF was released. So try not to make the JF owners feel bad. I know you’re a dealer here, but try to be sensitive to the JF owners too.

Fair point. But we sell both JF and ZF. Makes no difference to me. Same price. My comments and photos are for reference. We should also be more sensitive to rep owners - yes they are not gen but this is a rep forum as we know that.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Fair point. But we sell both JF and ZF. Makes no difference to me. Same price. My comments and photos are for reference. We should also be more sensitive to rep owners - yes they are not gen but this is a rep forum as we know that.

That I do agree.
With regard to gens/reps, I’m not against reps but against claims of “gen like” mods and “super reps” and all those exaggerated accolades some members heap on their watches with the intent to push their sales and maybe to better convince themselves that their watches look authentic. I think that many times, such statements are misleading.

Thanks kswatches for your input.

Tschacko

1/8/18
Well I agree to all of that as well, and as I am not a seller I can state more of a free opinion. I had the chance to compare both JF and ZF and while I would be buying new, I would not see why JF would be preferred. In terms of build quality the ZF at least on mine is en par with JF. The bracelet isn’t sharp but it is much more flexible and hugs the wrist. The clasp refinement is good as well. It is harder to close as the pins of the clasp are slightly thicker and the springs a tad tighter but that doesn’t feel bad to me. Yes the logo floats around a bit but that’s an easy fix if it bugs you.

Besides that:
Better Dial
Better Markers
Better Thickness
Flexible bracelet
More realistic deco plate besides the barrel wheel :)

But that’s fantastic news for us folks because JF has the opportunity to improve and bring a better version as ZF currently.
Without some competition this leads nowhere.
I could do a pic review soon.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Well I agree to all of that as well, and as I am not a seller I can state more of a free opinion. I had the chance to compare both JF and ZF and while I would be buying new, I would not see why JF would be preferred. In terms of build quality the ZF at least on mine is en par with JF. The bracelet isn’t sharp but it is much more flexible and hugs the wrist. The clasp refinement is good as well. It is harder to close as the pins of the clasp are slightly thicker and the springs a tad tighter but that doesn’t feel bad to me. Yes the logo floats around a bit but that’s an easy fix if it bugs you.

Besides that:
Better Dial
Better Markers
Better Thickness
Flexible bracelet
More realistic deco plate besides the barrel wheel :)

But that’s fantastic news for us folks because JF has the opportunity to improve and bring a better version as ZF currently.
Without some competition this leads nowhere.
I could do a pic review soon.

This is a forum, and your opinion is as good as mine. The forum is in fact made up of opinions and facts, in that order.
I appreciate the feedback and am looking forward to your review.
Dealers however should refrain from such comments as they will never be viewed as objective even if they sell both brands. The profit/agreement/benefits/perks from one factory can be more attractive than the offers from the other. As such, dealers should focus on providing facts and figures rather than actively engaging in opinion exchange here.

Reactions: Allure and gilrob

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
i have no horse in this race, but I keep seeing the dw of ZF watches smaller than JF. Can someone tell me if it's just optical illusion ?