• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 15400 - First pictures

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Tigerdragon What TD did you use?

You seem to have gotten a great watch with the sunburst effect which is not seen on most of the videos for this watch.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
KSwatches was my TD and it's the last batch.

It could be just the lighting because on other lights I have zero sunburst effect.

Reactions: RonP

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Vq4FRD.jpg

Vq4iV0.jpg

Vq4SgF.jpg

Vq4TmU.jpg

Vq4h1r.jpg

Vq47o8.jpg

Vq4dOI.jpg

Vq4qW3.jpg

Vq4Hso.jpg

Vq4L7b.jpg

Vq4XVL.jpg

Vq4tR2.jpg

Vq43iK.jpg

Vq44md.jpg

Vq4mIe.jpg

Vq4rwZ.jpg

Vq45OT.jpg

Vq4BpR.jpg

VqaDsA.jpg

VqaV7g.jpg

Daylight video:

Mildeepsea

Horology Curious
5/5/13
I received my second ZF QC pics from a new watch and again the rubber of the gasket is sticking out this time in a different place... Is it bad luck or can you guys check if your ZF gasket is aligned correctly? Thank you!

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
I saw something interesting, all the videos ive posted have a "Z+" tag around the clasp, mine has a "ZF" tag? Is there really a difference between "Z+" and "ZF" i thought its the same? That could explain why some people have different dials.

Look here:
VqauZQ.jpg

Vqa6Ra.jpg

You can clearly see "Z+" mine says "ZF" :D iam so confused. So Z+ is NOT ZF factory? also mine has a ZF sticker the other ones has a black Z+ sticker.

My tag:
VqapIX.jpg

Look Black "Z+" Sticker on the crystal + "Z+" tag:
ap2019110302-40.jpg

Mine has a different sticker + "ZF" tag:
2c7e27ef0933da45786d456d5360fc86.jpg

Also look at the picture from Blackcalf
eNdTY.jpg

Also ZF Sticker, the puretime ones was first.

"ZF" maybe second batch with different dial?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rolemars

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
Thank you very much for all the detailed videos and pictures Tigerdragon . :)
ZF and Z+f are the same thing. Probably a rebrand to escape authorities. Chinese stuff :D

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Iam actually not sure about that because my dial really looks different than the "mate" dials, also the new Jtime QCs from today (reddit) has the Z+ tag and mate dial. Very strange.

KSwatches and idea? Did ZF make two different blue dials? :D

I was surprised myself because everyone says the dial has no sunburst effect etc but mine clearly has. So strange.

Kitaro

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/12/19
Iam actually not sure about that because my dial really looks different than the "mate" dials, also the new Jtime QCs from today (reddit) has the Z+ tag and mate dial. Very strange.

I was surprised myself because everyone says the dial has no sunburst effect etc but mine clearly has. So strange.

Mine is also came without a sticker but a black Z+ badge...and no sunburst...probably is the same company but different batch....

Sent from the RWI App

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Its very interesting because all the videos ive saw had very dark blue (mate), except one video which had an sunburst effect. My watch has a more lighter blue with dark as sunburst effect. Its hard to make videos from it because it reflects the lights completely different. It really looks amazing.

Kitaro

With a black sticker or with a normal one like in the picture? To be clear the "mate" dial has no effect at all? So its just dark blue without anything?

Last edited:

Jasonp

30/10/19
Thanks for sharing TigerDragon,,
looks great on your wrist and the ZandFs more deeper ,,,richer , blue looks identical to the present gen blue dial imho,,,,JF blue more like the gen from a few years ago,,,,

TTAW1

Looking Around
12/11/19
5HBfj.jpg
5Hlh4.jpg

Tigerdragon I think your right. My blue dial came with the black Z+ Tag. The dial seems lighter and more Matte than yours. Here’s a picture of mine under bright store lights. Mine was purchased from Intime.
I also have a loud rotor and floppy logo on the bracelet which doesn’t affect the clasp security

Last edited:

Kitaro

5/12/19
Its very interesting because all the videos ive saw had very dark blue (mate), except one video which had an sunburst effect. My watch has a more lighter blue with dark as sunburst effect. Its hard to make videos from it because it reflects the lights completely different. It really looks amazing.

Kitaro

With a black sticker or with a normal one like in the picture? To be clear the "mate" dial has no effect at all? So its just dark blue without anything?

The color is like yours and there is a sunburs but not as vivid as yours , I don’t know could be the light. I never hold the real one so can’t say what is real what not, hopefully some of the guys here who has the gen can comment

Sent from the RWI App

Kitaro

5/12/19
5HBfj.jpg
5Hlh4.jpg

Tigerdragon I think your right. My blue dial came with the black Z+ Tag. The dial seems lighter and more Matte than yours. Here’s a picture of mine under bright store lights. Mine was purchased from Intime

Ok, after seeing your pics, mine looks the same and also came with black Z+.
What’s going on here. I got mine from puretime

Sent from the RWI App

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18

Not sure about ZF and ZF+.

All ours have the ZF sticker and I have yet to see a bad one.

Ps. Glad you liked your one. Looks great on you mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
I have x3 at home. Blue and gray.

Will make a comparison on Friday and maybe you guys could comment on whether you can see sunburst or not (ZF vs ZF+)

They all look the same to me lol.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Yeah sure i like mine :) the problem is its so hard to capture it on camera because the dial is vivid as hell, sometimes its to dark sometimes its very bright (depends on the light) but i can get the same color as the pictures from @TTAW its a little confusing.

Maybe its really a batch thing? Z+ = old batch and ZF = new batch?

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Didn’t I Read Z+F were a Taiwanese factory, they released an iwc mark xvii, I’m sure Kobe posted it earlier in the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
So they are the same? Because everything is the same except the dial? When iam looking on the other pictures even the printing is the same :D