• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 15400 - First pictures

funkyfrog

Known Member
8/12/15
Yeah the 6 is fine, and definitely going to oil the thing. Its ridiculous how loud it can be.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Short Review:

- Dial:

The best blue dial ive ever seen and yes there is a sunburst effect (and its not just a "little" effect you can see it clearly under electric light). Hell this dial looks gorgeous.

- Thickness:

Is like gen and its great.

- Bracelet/Case/Finish:

I must agree, JF is better in finishing and more sparkly but i don't know if i can compare it to "Gen" because some JF did sparkle more than the "Gen" because of the rougher finish but ZF also does not look "bad" just different from my JF versions. Also the Bracelet is different (i don't know maybe its like the Gen) and shorter than my JF bracelets (1-2 links), it looks "different" than the JF bracelets and somehow different than the Gens (but could also be a Gen variation), because when you look at puretimes page you can see that they show the gen and rep bracelet and they look identical (yeah i know dont trust promotion pictures but i dont know maybe its just like Gen).

Conclusion:
Big Review against the JF V2 comes later this week but the new dial is the best dial ive ever seen in my life its the first time it really screams "Gen" and completely wipes out the JF dials.

Edit: I dont have the "clasp" issue or atleast i don't see it, its true that the clasp has a little bit of space but its not hanging so yeah. Also the movement is noisy as hell :D didn't had that with my JF V2 or my JF 15202.

Will make pictures tomorrow because here its already so dark that its impossible to make pictures but hell the dial is really outstanding. Seems also that they didnt use a 2018/2019 Gen more like 2017 or something with the more vibrant "blue".

Edit2: Ok i must say they fucked up one side of the bezel a little bit (from the finish) but you can only spot it in some lights so its not really a problem just wanted to write it down. Ofcourse you can't except 20K finish on a 500 dollar watch :D

Edit3: Ok the bezel flaw you cant spot it on the wrist only in certain angels and even then its hard to see so not really a problem i must change my mind about the finishing it really depends on the "lights". I tested a few light conditions and now it looks way more sparkly than before, really interesting.

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Short Review:

- Dial:

The best blue dial ive ever seen and yes there is a sunburst effect (and its not just a "little" effect you can see it clearly under electric light). Hell this dial looks gorgeous.

- Thickness:

Is like gen and its great.

- Bracelet/Case/Finish:

I must agree, JF is better in finishing and more sparkly but i don't know if i can compare it to "Gen" because some JF did sparkle more than the "Gen" because of the rougher finish but ZF also does not look "bad" just different from my JF versions. Also the Bracelet is different (i don't know maybe its like the Gen) and shorter than my JF bracelets (1-2 links), it looks "different" than the JF bracelets and somehow different than the Gens (but could also be a Gen variation), because when you look at puretimes page you can see that they show the gen and rep bracelet and they look identical (yeah i know dont trust promotion pictures but i dont know maybe its just like Gen).

Conclusion:
Big Review against the JF V2 comes later this week but the new dial is the best dial ive ever seen in my life its the first time it really screams "Gen" and completely wipes out the JF dials.

Edit: I dont have the "clasp" issue or atleast i don't see it, its true that the clasp has a little bit of space but its not hanging so yeah. Also the movement is noisy as hell :D didn't had that with my JF V2 or my JF 15202.

Will make pictures tomorrow because here its already so dark that its impossible to make pictures but hell the dial is really outstanding. Seems also that they didnt use a 2018/2019 Gen more like 2017 or something with the more vibrant "blue".

Edit2: Ok i must say they fucked up one side of the bezel a little bit (from the finish) but you can only spot it in some lights so its not really a problem just wanted to write it down. Ofcourse you can't except 20K finish on a 500 dollar watch :D

Edit3: Ok the bezel flaw you cant spot it on the wrist only in certain angels and even then its hard to see so not really a problem i must change my mind about the finishing it really depends on the "lights". I tested a few light conditions and now it looks way more sparkly than before, really interesting.

On the bezel flaw do you mean the proportions of it vs the midcase? Thanks for the review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
No they overbrushed one corner a little bit, seems like the machine which did the brushing/bezel brushed the side a little bit to much but its hardly noticeable, can post some pictures if i get it in the right angle. Just wanted to write it because i like to write everything and not only the positive stuff :D

proportions seems excellent. I meassure it tomorrow need some sleep :D

Last edited:
Reactions: SHB and Rolemars

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
is it just a visual trick to my eyes or the date cutout and eventually datewheel is smaller than JF ?

You're not alone. Either that or it's the datewheel sitting a bit deeper, creating the illusion of a smaller window.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Guys i also have the clasp problem after i removed all of the security bands i also have this problem with clasp top hanging over, anyone has an idea how to fix it? :D

Also i must rewrite a little bit, i must rewrite something, the finishing/brushing of the bracelet is the best ive ever seen and i saw a lot of brushings it really destroys the finishing of the 15202 its way more sparkeling and the finishing is softer etc. it looks really like a gen 15400 iam still not sure about the links because they are a lot smaller than the JF 15400 so maybe its just a different gen? Iam not sure but hell this watch looks great.

Edit: The clasp thing is really strange because with the security layer over it its not lying over, which makes no sense for me hm.

Last edited:

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
Tigerdragon you cannot seriously make such a review and post don’t post photos! Come on, we’re all waiting! :D looking forward to your comparison with JF! Keep us updated.

Kitaro

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/12/19
Guys i also have the clasp problem after i removed all of the security bands i also have this problem with clasp top hanging over, anyone has an idea how to fix it? :D
No stress as I said before, it an easy fix.
Just detach the bracelet from the clasp (remove 1 screw) and put a little tape in between ( I will upload a pick) and its done. looks better than the gen, and its solid

N0tail_

1/6/17
I'm interested in whether the JF bracelet would fit on the ZF case back. I might just get both and swap the bracelets out.

Best of both worlds right? :D

Reactions: Dissemination