• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
I guess we'll see, I'll post some pictures. I had a 15500 recently actually. Sold it on, it was great but not quite what I wanted. The 15202 fits more that bill, its 39mm and wears a bit larger so I've been told and I've worn 38mm watches in the past and it's looked okay. So time will tell!

I had a 15400 and now the XF 15202 and a friend has a gen Oyster Perpetual 39 grape dial and I have to say the 15202 wears almost the same as the OP39. Only for the dial diameter the OP39 even has the bigger one. But regarding the watch case lug to lug both watches are almost similar. But the OP39 has almost the same dimensions as a Datejust 41 so what really wears larger in this case is the OP39 or the DJ41 is much smaller than the 41mm it should have.
So I can‘t confirm the AP wears larger than 39mm. Other models from AP really wear larger, for example my 42mm Diver JF V9.5 could be compared to the Hublot V6.5 Big Bang 44mm I used to have.

mordret

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
Austria
I asked for a high resolution pic and will post it once received! ;-)

It took a while, but finally I got it... ;-)

a49839a7710656628d44a7125f0316df.jpg
1448675b44d591e9b7105676f06124f6.jpg
b0908c93eef328fa56ede835d92a03f3.jpg

What do you guys think about the printing?

Merlan8

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/12/19
One of best REP now... also price is good :D

barth

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/10/12
Very good looking watches guys.

I believe I will finally buy a 15202 now.

Reactions: Neo_7

lolo1972sg

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
3/10/15
Sillypore
Anyone experienced difficulties in removing the screws on the bracelet while resizing?

Would love to get another one and sunken the bezel screws to make it gen like but my previous experience with the bloody bracelet resizing still hurts me (well, my fingers actually).

Or are the bezel screws supposed to be flushed? F it. I will go ask that guy who has the monopoly of AP knowledge. ;p

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Anyone experienced difficulties in removing the screws on the bracelet while resizing?

Would love to get another one and sunken the bezel screws to make it gen like but my previous experience with the bloody bracelet resizing still hurts me (well, my fingers actually).

Or are the bezel screws supposed to be flushed? F it. I will go ask that guy who has the monopoly of AP knowledge. ;p

Be extremely careful with the bracelet screw,they are like butter,I've seen one sold for nothing because the owner murdered the screws and ended to being unable to resize it.

Anadrol5

14/10/18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_Rc0FD_chg&t=8s

Not to flog a dead horse ;) but here is a video in which Tim Mosso from Watchbox says that bezel screws on royal oaks should always be slightly recessed below the bezel. Listen from 5:15.

There is actually another video in which he goes into detail why this is but I can't find it. I saw it about two years ago when I was heavily researching AP watches in anticipation of buying one.

betterthanSerge

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/12/19

At this point I've been exploring this forum for a while and I can tell you that there's been few members that had problems in resizing their bracelet, and even proceeded to buy a new bracelet since they couldn't remove most of the screws.

A) In case you're asking before ordering it: I suggest you to tell your TD directly to adjust it on the wrist size you communicated, and send it to you with the spare links with it. It happened this way with my TD. Unfortunately, since I'm still waiting, I can't tell you how it went.
B) In case you already own one: have you tried to put (just the bracelet) into hot water? Sorry for the banality of this advice, but it worked to me with some really old (gen) bracelets.

Reactions: vcappp

betterthanSerge

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/12/19
I have a question for the members who ordered the 15202 to their TD within the last month: I've ordered mine at the beginning of May, when there wasn't even the notion that a V2 would have been launched on the market. Received the QC pics on 4th of June, few days before my TD effectively put on sale the V2 batch. Anyways, I discarded those QC since there were few details that I didn't liked. Meanwhile, as I asked few members in PM for their opinions, I was invited by few of them to ask to the TD for the new V2 version instead of the old V1.

Since IMHO the V2 looks better (dial and bezel screws) I proceeded by writing to my TD if they could kindly give me a 15202 coming from the new batch. They still didn't replied.

Finally, my question: has anybody of you guys experienced a similar situation, with this or another watch? If yes what happened? Did they sent you the new version?

Thanks for your attention,

B

mordret

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
Austria
Since IMHO the V2 looks better (dial and bezel screws) I proceeded by writing to my TD if they could kindly give me a 15202 coming from the new batch. They still didn't replied.

Finally, my question: has anybody of you guys experienced a similar situation, with this or another watch? If yes what happened? Did they sent you the new version?

B

I was in the same situation: I ordered a few days before V2 was released. Before receiving my QCs I asked my TD if he could try to get the new V2 for me. He confirmed and a few days later I got my QCs.

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
I have a question for the members who ordered the 15202 to their TD within the last month: I've ordered mine at the beginning of May, when there wasn't even the notion that a V2 would have been launched on the market. Received the QC pics on 4th of June, few days before my TD effectively put on sale the V2 batch. Anyways, I discarded those QC since there were few details that I didn't liked. Meanwhile, as I asked few members in PM for their opinions, I was invited by few of them to ask to the TD for the new V2 version instead of the old V1.

B

Depends on TD but most will get a V2 for you after you RL. I've had TD's who were totally cool with even offering a different watch after a RL so it shouldn't be a big deal.