• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
M2s8b.jpg
[/url

I must say that these refined disquisitions fascinate me very much because in the forums (and not only in those where we talk about watches) very often we reach a level of perfectionism, I dare say, unnatural. I think that perfection is not of this world and does not even exist in haute horlogerie. I am sure that each AP gen is not free from defects and is different from the other because they are handmade and I am also quite sure that among the artisans of the AP maison, each of them knows how to recognize the watch made by one of his colleagues with the its defects, because everyone has his hand and they know it.
In my life I changed three tailors for my clothes, but the same jacket with the same fabric is immediately recognizable to me for its defects and I know who of them made it. Oh my god, maybe it's not the most correct comparison, but maybe it clarifies what I mean.
Looking at my two gen APs, with the naked eye, the screws appear coplanar with the bezel, while in a macro pic, one maybe two screws seem a little sunken. It is not a problem for me and I live well all the same but to those people who demand unnatural perfection, I recommend seeing these details only with the naked eye and not with a magnifying glass and magically everything will look more perfect.
Rather, I seemed to notice, even with the naked eye, that the head of the screws of my gen APs are slightly rounded while those of my newly purchased 15500 rep (even in 15202 I think) are very flat. I thought it may be due to the "softness" of white gold compared to the steel of the rep screws. But maybe I'm wrong ...

Last edited:

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
yup, good point

only white gold can achieve this softness, steel cannot

is the same with the rolex dial markers, they are square because steel cannot get that nice curved corners

Reactions: ettorefranco

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
You know, it amazes me sometimes the lengths people go to to prove a petty little point on the internet to people they have never met, and likely will never meet. Its either an indication of a watch zealot or a fragile ego. I am not going to be drawn into a to-ing and fro-ing that far too often leads to insults and name calling in these forums. I frankly find it tiring to get into an argument and insult someone, more so when that person is someone I have never met. But do allow me to make this one last point before I hold my peace forever on this issue.

You, Sir, are assuming that I do not own gen AP pieces when I say what I say. I do not know on what basis you form this assumption but you also failed to read my posts carefully before making this assumption. Either that or you conveniently omitted certain words when you quoted me just to prove a point. I did clearly say that I speak from personal experience? I suppose this is Trump-era logic and rationale at play here. Here is a gen ROO (with correct time and date at the time of writing) with flush bezel screws because it has been serviced years ago. One of 3 gen APs I own (amongst other watches).
MH7zJ.jpg

You know what they say about assumptions. Perhaps you do these things because of the said 'monopoly of knowledge' issue? It may very well be that AP has changed its policy regarding the bezel screws but what I said was true when I was actively in the market for gen APs.

Anyway, this is the last you're going to hear from me on this issue. You can insult and make assumptions about me further all you want, I'm just not going to entertain it any further.

I don’t remember insulting you, but I can’t stop you feeling so, perhaps because of the fragile ego you mentioned. Regardless of what you own or do not, my watches (a sample size significantly larger than 3, and almost all bought brand new, and yes among other brands as well ;) )do not have sunken screws and I see what I see no matter what you say. Once again, and this point stands: you can speak for your own experience but try not to apply it across the new APs which you do not own. :qtip2:
As long as you speak for your own watches nobody can contradict you. But applying it across the entire AP brand based on (3!) watches just don’t justify what you said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Well you're not the only person in the world who owns gen watches. Maybe they have changed the policy now but it was true a few years ago. The pic of the gen watch i posted cleary clearly shows sunken screws. You cannot argue with something that is right infront of your face and plain to see.
No one has ever doubted the existence of sunken or flush seated bezel screws. If you think anyone is, go have another read of what's been said. All that has been said is that there is / has been no secret AP code relating to this. And even if there was, anyone of us wouldn't be in the know about it since it's a secret code after all. Neither AP personnel nor outside watch professionals will know about this since they're not sitting in Le Brassus. No one has a monopoly in knowledge about anything let alone a watch brand like AP, so if it's facts you're speaking about, many if not everyone will agree with you unlike when you're spouting nonsense and made up assumptions based on hear say or experience from owning less than a handful of gens.

To continue with this gen AP pissing match, I am backing what legend has said. I also have owned, handled and seen 'several' gen APs being Offshores and Royal Oaks and like I said the flush / sunken scenario is a present thing but it's not some sort of identification whether a watch had been serviced or not but is simply a mere random effect. I've seen fresh and unserviced ones that had flush and sunken screws and I've seen serviced ones with both types of screws.

What this is due? No one knows for sure but if I were to make a guess it's a- because of the types / batch of washers used at the time of assembly / service (there may be some variances in production) and, or b- the way it's been assembled / reassembled by the person at APSC.

As you said, let's please cease this discussion in this thread since this thread is dedicated to the XF 15202. If you wish to further discuss this, you're free to create a new thread on this subject and we can continue this discussion. If you wish, in this case, I can also tag along other members that have extensive knowledge of genuine APs other than legend and me. :qtip2:

Last edited:

Anadrol5

14/10/18
I don’t remember insulting you, but I can’t stop you feeling so, perhaps because of the fragile ego you mentioned. Regardless of what you own or do not, my watches (a sample size significantly larger than 3, and almost all bought brand new, and yes among other brands as well ;) )do not have sunken screws and I see what I see no matter what you say. Once again, and this point stands: you can speak for your own experience but try not to apply it across the new APs which you do not own. :qtip2:
As long as you speak for your own watches nobody can contradict you. But applying it across the entire AP brand based on (3!) watches just don’t justify what you said.

Good Sir, here again you are conveniently glossing over the fact that you based the whole of your last post on the assumption that between you and me only you owned gen AP watches, and filled it with egotistical assertions about how you know more than me because you own gen pieces and I get all my info from the internet. On this post, instead of admitting that your assumptions were wrong you go on in a tangent about how my experiences do not apply. Another classic Trump-style reasoning at its best.

On a side note, I don't understand why you feel a need to win this petty little argument at all cost. Is it really so important to you that you talk about how many watches you own and that it will probably outnumber my collection? Do you feel better about yourself by winning meaningless arguments with strangers? I am a nobody. Just a clown on the internet. My words and opinions should mean nothing to you just as yours mean nothing to me. You do not have to stoop so low just to prove a point to a total stranger you will never meet. By comparing how many watches we each own I fear this has degenerated into a who's dick is bigger contest. Unfortunately, I am not going to be a participant in this simply because I am not here to show off and I have better things to do with my time.

Anyway, I promise this is the last post I will address you directly.

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Good Sir, here again you are conveniently glossing over the fact that you based the whole of your last post on the assumption that between you and me only you owned gen AP watches, and filled it with egotistical assertions about how you know more than me because you own gen pieces and I get all my info from the internet. On this post, instead of admitting that your assumptions were wrong you go on in a tangent about how my experiences do not apply. Another classic Trump-style reasoning at its best.

On a side note, I don't understand why you feel a need to win this petty little argument at all cost. Is it really so important to you that you talk about how many watches you own and that it will probably outnumber my collection? Do you feel better about yourself by winning meaningless arguments with strangers? I am a nobody. Just a clown on the internet. My words and opinions should mean nothing to you just as yours mean nothing to me. You do not have to stoop so low just to prove a point to a total stranger you will never meet. By comparing how many watches we each own I fear this has degenerated into a who's dick is bigger contest. Unfortunately, I am not going to be a participant in this simply because I am not here to show off and I have better things to do with my time.

Okay, are we done here then?! New thread on this topic or end this discussion in here, your call. Okay?! Back to topic now guys.

Last edited:

Anadrol5

14/10/18
No one has ever doubted the existence of sunken or flush seated bezel screws. If you think anyone is, go have another read of what's been said. All that has been said is that there is / has been no secret AP code relating to this. And even if there was, anyone of us wouldn't be in the know about it since it's a secret code after all. Neither AP personnel nor outside watch professionals will know about this since they're not sitting in Le Brassus. No one has a monopoly in knowledge about anything let alone a watch brand like AP, so if it's facts you're speaking about, many if not everyone will agree with you unlike when you're spouting nonsense and made up assumptions based on hear say or experience from owning less than a handful of gens.

To continue with this gen AP pissing match, I am backing what legend has said. I also have owned, handled and seen 'several' gen APs being Offshores and Royal Oaks and like I said the flush / sunken scenario is a present thing but it's not some sort of identification whether a watch had been serviced or not but is simply a mere random effect. I've seen fresh and unserviced ones that had flush and sunken screws and I've seen serviced ones with both types of screws.

What this is due? No one knows for sure but if I were to make a guess it's a- because of the types / batch of washers used at the time of assembly / service (there may be some variances in production) and, or b- the way it's been assembled / reassembled by the person at APSC.

As you said, let's please cease this discussion in this thread since this thread is dedicated to the XF 15202. If you wish to further discuss this, you're free to create a new thread on this subject and we can continue this discussion. If you wish, in this case, I can also tag along other members that have extensive knowledge of genuine APs other than legend and me. :qtip2:

Sir, it seems to me that you are another one who dosen't read posts carefully and glosses over written words. Nowhere in my post did I mention the word 'secret'. I said 'unspoken'. There are subtle differences in meaning between the words as it applies to the present scenario. Perhaps English is not your first language? I am not going to go on about this because I for one don't really feel a need to win pointless arguments over the internet with strangers.

Reactions: Tamajirou

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Sir, it seems to me that you are another one who dosen't read posts carefully and glosses over written words. Nowhere in my post did I mention the word 'secret'. I said 'unspoken'. There are subtle differences in meaning between the words as it applies to the present scenario. Perhaps English is not your first language? I am not going to go on about this because I for one don't really feel a need to win pointless arguments over the internet with strangers.

Don't worry about my comprehension skills. I used the 'secret' on purpose to put an emphasis on your initial statement and make fun of it. Perhaps skills like realising you're being mocked and reading between the lines are not within the ones you can say you possess? Oh wait. You don't have to go on about this, you lost this non existent 'argument' the moment you sent your first post on this matter.

And now let me say it again, the third and last time.
If you wish to continue this discussion, open a new thread. I don't want to see one more post regarding this in here. Okay?! This is a staff warning, not a personal one so knock it off.

Anadrol5

14/10/18
Don't worry about my comprehension skills. I used the 'secret' on purpose to put an emphasis on your initial statement and make fun of it. Perhaps skills like realising you're being mocked and reading between the lines are not within the ones you can say you possess? Oh wait. You don't have to go on about this, you lost this non existent 'argument' the moment you sent your first post on this matter.

And now let me say it again, the third and last time.
If you wish to continue this discussion, open a new thread. I don't want to see one more post regarding this in here. Okay?! This is a staff warning, not a personal one so knock it off.

Good lord, here we go again about winning arguments. Ok, for the benefit of all concerned I'm just going to say I'm a moron. Just ignore what I say as I clearly don't know shit about watches. Happy? Please let this be the end of the matter.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Yes I do think we are done, with deference to Quetip. I’ll bring him along to the library to get some reading practice and mull over conspiracy theories known to the privileged few :hehehe:

Yes QueTip back to topic indeed! :qtip2:

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
Good lord, here we go again about winning arguments. Ok, for the benefit of all concerned I'm just going to say I'm a moron. Just ignore what I say as I clearly don't know shit about watches. Happy? Please let this be the end of the matter.

I'm sorry to say it but I don't agree and I don't like all this fury towards a person who has expressed his opinion in a polite and moderate way. What he wrote is consistent with the discussion we are dealing with. He obviously replied politely to those who attacked him. Shouldn't he have done that? I do not believe. A "super moderator" should also be "super partes" and should do his job without indulging in being a kindergarten teacher.

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I'm sorry to say it but I don't agree and I don't like all this fury towards a person who has expressed his opinion in a polite and moderate way. What he wrote is consistent with the discussion we are dealing with. He obviously replied politely to those who attacked him. Shouldn't he have done that? I do not believe. A "super moderator" should also be "super partes" and should do his job without indulging in being a kindergarten teacher.
There has been no fury, there has not been any impoliteness from any party involved. Anadrol5 has done no wrong in how he replied. There have simply been wrong statements by holding court and speaking for AP that have been stated and thus corrected. None of us are AP and can do anything else but speak from personal experience but this should be stated instead of made an assumption of being a fact.

Should do his job? Let me tell you one thing, each and every staff member on here is volunteering to help keep this site clean and factual correct along with it being run within the rules. Because I'm a mod, I can not participate in discussions that involve my interests and hobbies and only make sure rules are followed in sales and general communication? Come on, if you want to play and expect this, move right along and you better leave the world of online fora as you're missing their point completely.

Any further derailing of this thread will result in a temporary lock of the topic to allow it to cool down so for the sake of other members interested to actually have a discussion about the specific model this thread was intended for, please refrain from posting further and send me a PM to further discuss this or clear this as I did with Anadrol5.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I told Anadrol5 via PM that I’m challenging him to a western shootout but he declined because he said this topic is about the 15202 do if I wanted a western shootout I will have to start a new thread to challenge him publicly.
I declined as I feel that this has no relevance in a replica watch forum and also because the screws on his grey themes aren’t sunken and hence the watch is rep.

Let’s stick to the 15202 topic. Sorry Quetip for the drama (caused primarily by Anadrol5 of course) :hehehe:

Anadrol5

14/10/18
I told Anadrol5 via PM that I’m challenging him to a western shootout but he declined because he said this topic is about the 15202 do if I wanted a western shootout I will have to start a new thread to challenge him publicly.
I declined as I feel that this has no relevance in a replica watch forum and also because the screws on his grey themes aren’t sunken and hence the watch is rep.

Let’s stick to the 15202 topic. Sorry Quetip for the drama (caused primarily by Anadrol5 of course) :hehehe:

Haha. Just in case there is any misunderstanding out there, all's good people. Apologies sent privately all round and received in kind. All are best mates now ;)

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Here's some pictures of my 15202 QC v2 for your information :)

IMG-2476.jpg

IMG-2477.jpg

IMG-2478.jpg

IMG-2479.jpg

I'm going to quote myself again... because this discussion devolved into shit to be blunt.
These are my QC pictures for V2 from PureTime, I'm going to green light it.

I think it looks awesome. I think my only concern would be lume matching (known issue) and someone did flag up the number 7 bezel screw, but I don't think it an issue from my eyes! So gonna get send the green light.

Also... I have no idea if it's going to work on my wrist... I have an 8" wrist, so we'll see! I hope it works out because I love it but if not... there will be a C&R M2M sale thread soon lol :(

Last edited:

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
8", wow, you'd rather take a 15500, that would be a better match and fit on your wrist imo...

I guess we'll see, I'll post some pictures. I had a 15500 recently actually. Sold it on, it was great but not quite what I wanted. The 15202 fits more that bill, its 39mm and wears a bit larger so I've been told and I've worn 38mm watches in the past and it's looked okay. So time will tell!