• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

Merlan8

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/12/19
Hey all, got my XF today :) Ordered from Li at JTime and i couldnt be more happier with the whole process, from ordering to delivery. Very nice TD experience and highly recommended . . .jtimewatch Many thanks for your professional work and assistance Li :)

The watch.
After reading through this post, looking at pics etc. im amazed how well this rep is made. Yes it is a $500 rep vs. 45K gen and hard to compare but im super impressed with this model. On the arm its so tiny and petit and as i was worried about bezel screws, dial pattern, DW etc. after getting the watch there are no need to be fussy or worried about that, thats how good it is :)

I took some pics of it, enjoy.

Hello from Italy! I have also ordered from Li, I am waiting for the QCs by the end of the week, I can't wait for this watch to arrive and take it! sorry for the errors but I use the translator! As for the QCs, what do you advise me to pay more attention to? Screws on the bezel, parallel indexes then ?! :)

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Any insight about the structure of case & screws assembly? Do you know how the XF 15202 index markers are attached to the dial? glue? pin? can it be rotate slightly if it is attached by using a pin? experts, any insight please? thanks legend tosoboso slaughterer62

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Got mine yesterday late afternoon. Unfortunately today is a big day at work so I can't do that much but I hope the weekend can accommodate a review and a comparison to the quartz.

First impressions is : money well spent. It is as wearable as the quartz, it has better case geometry than that and an automatic movement with a witty date change function and an open caseback, albeit a giveaway, at least nice to look at.

Lume mismatch, hands base and a ever so slightly wonky marker at 12 are definitely nitpicking imho. They are there so if you are that kind be extra careful..

Bezel screws are perfect to the human eye. Zoom in 10/20x and you will see it..

Dial has a less blue, more gray nuance than the blue blue quartz

I foresee myself wearing it a lot. As much as I was wearing the quartz (by far my most worn watch)

It's on me wrist now

PS : bracelet and rotor nothing wrong in my specimen
73b3923033012a9550aa67ca01260a7f.jpg

I'm in love with the shape of ROO

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Got mine yesterday late afternoon. Unfortunately today is a big day at work so I can't do that much but I hope the weekend can accommodate a review and a comparison to the quartz.

First impressions is : money well spent. It is as wearable as the quartz, it has better case geometry than that and an automatic movement with a witty date change function and an open caseback, albeit a giveaway, at least nice to look at.

Lume mismatch, hands base and a ever so slightly wonky marker at 12 are definitely nitpicking imho. They are there so if you are that kind be extra careful..

I foresee myself wearing it a lot. As much as I was wearing the quartz (by far my most worn watch)

It's on me wrist now

It looks good on your wrist, congrats L!
Question now, since I agree with you prior to this release that the sead quartz was the go-to model for the 15202.
Do you prefer this to the quartz model now?

Reactions: Allure

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
Hello from Italy! I have also ordered from Li, I am waiting for the QCs by the end of the week, I can't wait for this watch to arrive and take it! sorry for the errors but I use the translator! As for the QCs, what do you advise me to pay more attention to? Screws on the bezel, parallel indexes then ?! :)

I'd check the "parallel indexes" (markers at 12) and the AP logo for alignment, yeah. The screws are an issue, but from the QCs I've seen they seem to be fairly consistent across the entire batch, so I wouldn't reject a watch solely on mildly off-centre screws. The screw issue isn't noticeable on the wrist anyway.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
It looks good on your wrist, congrats L!
Question now, since I agree with you prior to this release that the sead quartz was the go-to model for the 15202.
Do you prefer this to the quartz model now?

I do overall. The quartz "face" geometry looks inherently different and I'm inclined to think this XF is more like the real thing than the other

Slight annoyance I have with this is the fitting is a tad looser and if i remove 1 more link i'll get blue hand matching the dial which I'm not sure it's a good idea

Merlan8

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/12/19
I'd check the "parallel indexes" (markers at 12) and the AP logo for alignment, yeah. The screws are an issue, but from the QCs I've seen they seem to be fairly consistent across the entire batch, so I wouldn't reject a watch solely on mildly off-centre screws. The screw issue isn't noticeable on the wrist anyway.

Thanks, I'll check what you told me, if I find defects I'll probably switch to another model!

Neo_7

Follow the white rabbit
Certified
12/10/19
EU

It's on me wrist now

73b3923033012a9550aa67ca01260a7f.jpg

It 'is a stunning piece..overall... and I think XF made a great job. After these holidays...I'll get it.!

Kmmas

7/4/15
I’m relatively new to the rep world. But is a V2 version always better than the V1? By better I mean more gen like? Is it always a step forward with the newer version? Or can the opposite happen aswell?

I really like this rep but I’m a little concerned with the rough bezel screws (and untidy bezel screw holes). I’m thinking il probably wait for the V2 (where they might fix the issue)or ZF to come out early 2020. .... but then I think I should just go for this, don’t know if XF might screw up something in the V2 and V1 will be out of production. Don’t want to regret not getting it.

suggestions?

mordret

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
Austria
Slight annoyance I have with this is the fitting is a tad looser and if i remove 1 more link i'll get blue hand matching the dial which I'm not sure it's a good idea

May I ask you for your wrist size?

How would you describe the bracelets, would you say the quality of the XF is much better?

Last edited:

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
One next to the other, the quartz looks bigger, larger as if it was a 40 mm or more
160b698a24414daa6ef03d4c7dbfe50e.jpg
327d9fbfc13e0888bae023de080bb2da.jpg
7d25942b89bda5f154d66e3760912fb8.jpg
eba9afa510210fa0a20c568901cd9ec8.jpg
a269d15b56c6032cbd426759ca0849ff.jpg
55c297dd690d6d1c426ab3a24119e624.jpg
40828c89e21dff764b041e14edcf0799.jpg
a5494c8652f2547875e25582483c0f45.jpg
7df41633d1bb4ba2f71f85f36aa443ab.jpg

Great to see them side by side, although I’d say the reason the Quartz looks bigger is due to the fact it’s sat first on your hand, the bracelet is therefore not hanging down like the XF on the lower part of your fingers. Swap them round and the quartz will look smaller hahah

Reactions: vcappp