• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

Kalmine64

Patron
Certified
21/9/19
EU
Thank you guys for your answers.
The gap is bothering me, maybe it’s the pic but it seems quite large.
Mismatch of the lume is significant as well.. guess I’ll pass on this one.
It’s a shame as it was already in Europe.
If anyone selling his XF or ZF, I’m here !

Reactions: rwiben

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Thank you guys for your answers.
The gap is bothering me, maybe it’s the pic but it seems quite large.
Mismatch of the lume is significant as well.. guess I’ll pass on this one.
It’s a shame as it was already in Europe.
If anyone selling his XF or ZF, I’m here !

Nothing wrong with the gap at all.... just the picture and people being absolute mentalists in general when it comes to QC pictures.
All XF have a slight gap, it's maybe 1mm bigger than the gen. Not at all noticeable in real life and not noticeable on wrist because unlike in a picture, your wrist doesn't have a shear vertical drop. Which exaggerates the gap... or any gap.

Reactions: Exklusive and Tompa

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14

I had a similar issue with mine, it also depends on your wrist size and shape as well. You can see in my pic below when it was on the stand the gap looks significantly larger than when worn. Keep in mind when on your wrist you won't see through the gap which also gives it an illusion that it is larger. If you ask me if the gap on the gen bothers me...I would say yes even if the gap is smaller because for me an RO is supposed to seamless which is part of the charm of an RO bracelet and overall design. But again it's a matter of personal preference and what you can tolerate.

50211427633_6b22f74813_o.jpg

50174102013_19e40a0bd9_o.jpg

Last edited:

Giellea

Patron
Certified
17/5/18
Italy
I don't understand Chinese, so I can't translate it, but someone could do it for us.

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
Those of you with a V2 at one time does your date start to change? Mine starts transitioning around 11:30pm which although in the grand scheme of things isn’t that big of a deal, just a bit of a pedantic eye sore. Can the movement be adjusted to quick-change at 12pm exactly?

JohnnyDangerous

Known Member
29/3/19
Those of you with a V2 at one time does your date start to change? Mine starts transitioning around 11:30pm which although in the grand scheme of things isn’t that big of a deal, just a bit of a pedantic eye sore. Can the movement be adjusted to quick-change at 12pm exactly?

This is the capabiity of the miyota bas movement, I highly doubt it can be changed to quick change

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
I'm afraid the ZF will never win with that central stack / pinion. You can tell from wrist distance that it's a ZF lol. It's a large dinner plate of a circle...

Let's agree to disagree ;) I have both ZF and XF. If you look at the ZF from wrist distance and not stare at it with loupe like vision, the "plate" is not that obvious. It's us on this forum that are making a bigger deal by higher level of scrutiny. I got an XF v2 with wrong marker lume color and poor bracelet quality (pins are hard to remove to adjust size), the ZF is better in these areas. Also, experts who know better than me have mentioned that both the ZF and XF dial colors are period correct compared to gen from various batches.

Last edited:
Reactions: phdsjain