• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF AP15706 - new upgrades + comparison

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
I just ordered it. When my modder takes it apart, he will let me know everything about it and I can post what he finds. I had a few FC so far. The HF FC was different than the JF. Bezels weren't interchangeable and the HF crystal was only 2mm thick (it was same crystal as 15400). The HF was 13.95 thick if I remembered correctly, the JF was like 14.5 ish
Unfortunately when I ordered the JF it was supposed to have a 2824 in it- but instead it came with a Miyota 9015, so beware when ordered a JF, have TD verify date wheel rotation direction.

just couldnt resist could you lol I have my TD checking stock for me

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I just ordered it. When my modder takes it apart, he will let me know everything about it and I can post what he finds. I had a few FC so far. The HF FC was different than the JF. Bezels weren't interchangeable and the HF crystal was only 2mm thick (it was same crystal as 15400). The HF was 13.95 thick if I remembered correctly, the JF was like 14.5 ish
Unfortunately when I ordered the JF it was supposed to have a 2824 in it- but instead it came with a Miyota 9015, so beware when ordered a JF, have TD verify date wheel rotation direction.

keep us updated. And please let us know if the Rubber is interchangeable with JF or even Gen. EXCITED!

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
I don't have a Gen FC. But I am looking to buy a Gen XS strap. I will probably buy a JF XS strap too, and see if it fits on. I do have a lot of straps, so I will compare them all on it. Including the Vic leather strap I ordered for my other FC a few days ago. This looks like a promising version, hopefully it it. I currently have a good FC mashup HF case/bezel, Noob v3.5 dial, 1xAR Prof crystal, 1xAR Prof Cyclops, PM80, Mikey DW, different bezel screws and O-rings, etc.. hopefully

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
just ordered one from Sead. Was gonna wait until i get the thickness confirmed but I think these will sell out quickly and as this is not a dress watch a mm in either direction doesn't matter to me.

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
Believe it or not, I felt a big difference between the HF and JF size. I have a small (I believe 6.25-6.5) wrist. The JF felt top heavy. But that probably won't affect most people. Also I am picky

Reactions: SuperLory

thewatcher

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/8/12
Believe it or not, I felt a big difference between the HF and JF size. I have a small (I believe 6.25-6.5) wrist. The JF felt top heavy. But that probably won't affect most people. Also I am picky

My wrist width is similar to yours (6.5), will the original strap fit my wrist? Or I have to replace it by a XS strap?
I think JF has XS straps in better quality, but not sure if they fit in XF's V2 Diver... Or does XF has XS straps?

BIONONE

28/4/17
My wrist width is similar to yours (6.5), will the original strap fit my wrist? Or I have to replace it by a XS strap?
I think JF has XS straps in better quality, but not sure if they fit in XF's V2 Diver... Or does XF has XS straps?

I also got a 6.5 inch wrist an my JF V7 diver fits perfectly on the regular strap on the last hole. The XS felt a little too short IMO...

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
I also got a 6.5 inch wrist an my JF V7 diver fits perfectly on the regular strap on the last hole. The XS felt a little too short IMO...

I only use 1 side of the XS strap, the side with the holes in it. I use the normal length buckle side because the puts the buckle offset a little and doesn't rub on the card table when I am playing. Works perfectly. Straps and plots have been a pain in the ass for me because I have Noob, HF and JF cases. I am currently trying to do away with all JF cases simply because of the strap/plot differences to the other ones. Unfortunately JF is the only one that makes a XS strap.

Manu1980

Horology Curious
25/11/17
Looks stunning... couldn't resist... placed an order with my favourite TD (InTime).
Am sure ryanwayer will source me a top notch piece!

Will post pictures as soon as I can.

thewatcher

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/8/12
I ordered mine last night and received it this morning.
Overall, this watch is pretty great, the FC case, xtal, colors, etc. are much better than JF V5.
The case is matte, but at some angles you can see the beautiful shining textures, I really love the effect!

Here is my wrist shot, I also uploaded more pictures in the other "New FC Diver from XF/V6" thread that posted by me.

fg8YSx@.jpg

BIONONE

28/4/17
Overall, this watch is pretty great, the FC case, xtal, colors, etc. are much better than JF V5.
The case is matte, but at some angles you can see the beautiful shining textures, I really love the effect!

Here is my wrist shot, I also uploaded more pictures in the other "New FC Diver from XF/V6" thread that posted by me.

fg8YSx@.jpg

OOTB such a great novelty. I really like the over all look and the finish.

Wear it in good health!

Reactions: swordfish_77

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12

fg8YSx@.jpg

beautiful piece, I ordered one couple days ago. how did you get the watch so quickly?

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
Trusty just sent me QC pictures. Not one picture is straight to the face. All are on angles.
Andrew told me they only give QC pictures to show correct model. I told him, Refund my money. I hate when these TDs play games like this.

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
5cd8e37c47f7e9b765080e638e6e4c87.jpg

98967ec25142e95dc3c19a78839f538c.jpg

These are what he tried giving me, and one of the clasp. You can't see anything in these pictures. Is he kidding?

mordret

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/4/17
Austria
Thank you Repworld for sharing!

It’s interesting to WATCH but who finds the time and leisure to provide a TRANSLATION or transcript.....

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

BIONONE

28/4/17
Not in English, not very helpful

but you can clearly see some differences.

The most important one in my opinion - a freakin clear AR/Crystal and the decent DW font. Some differences in the size of the tapisserie squares. don't know what is more gen like... but all over the XF got a nicer look IMO