• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF AP15706 - new upgrades + comparison

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Damnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!
The case looks beautiful!!!
The watch is stunning, I think it's way better than JF V5!

... and even you want to mod it - it comes with an A2824 so it is a perfect base for a Mikey DW mod (if needed but i don't think so when looking at the refined font...) or a Low Beat mod with a ETA 2846 or Powermatic 80h.

I think it is a great deal for this price as the newer JF's come all with the 9015 Miyota...

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
... and even you want to mod it - it comes with an A2824 so it is a perfect base for a Mikey DW mod (if needed but i don't think so when looking at the refined font...) or a Low Beat mod with a ETA 2846 or Powermatic 80h.

I think it is a great deal for this price as the newer JF's come all with the 9015 Miyota...

It's a total no brainer really

Reactions: BIONONE

thewatcher

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/8/12

The XF V2 is A2836 instead of A2824 tho!

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
tachy ring lume is very close to gen. if xf follows up with a 15703 it will be a v7 killer

tr573 if you have digital calipers pls measure the thickness

2836 movement slightly thicker. the advantage would be instant date change at midnight

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
i dunno how I can force myself not to. I'll try to hold on to see if they release some other diver

Just buy it, You know you want it. Don't resist!
I just messaged Andrew about this. Once thickness is confirmed, I will probably buy it. My only concern is what straps will fit on it? From the pictures the lug bar holes appear centered, the Gen they are more towards the top of the lugs. I just want to stay away from cases like JF that limit my strap options.

Reactions: jakekrait

AgentPena

Supporter
28/3/18
South East Asia
Wow the diver's bezel is very accurate. Font spot on 10/10.

and the FC case looks different compared to Noob and JF. Looks close to gen, will be interesting to see if anyone can show the actual watch.

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
here's some more pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/AkMvDONEgKJJAeqP2

These are all pretty hard lit (and rushed before I had to start work) , I figured people would want to see the texture on the different parts since the TD photos are all soft/diffused light already. Sorry, no calipers so I can't measure thickness - I could do it against a stack of coins, but I'm sure since the difference between one or the other case is 1mm or less, a stack of worn coins that are probably not uniform thickness is not what y'all are after.

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
here's some more pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/AkMvDONEgKJJAeqP2

These are all pretty hard lit (and rushed before I had to start work) , I figured people would want to see the texture on the different parts since the TD photos are all soft/diffused light already. Sorry, no calipers so I can't measure thickness - I could do it against a stack of coins, but I'm sure since the difference between one or the other case is 1mm or less, a stack of worn coins that are probably not uniform thickness is not what y'all are after.

Wow this FC looks amazing. im curious to see one of your CQ pic just to see how the FC looks on them.

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
Wow this FC looks amazing. im curious to see one of your CQ pic just to see how the FC looks on them.

Added one to the album. Comparatively, it looks pretty dull in the flat lighting QC pics. The pattern really pops to life with harder light

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
I just ordered it. When my modder takes it apart, he will let me know everything about it and I can post what he finds. I had a few FC so far. The HF FC was different than the JF. Bezels weren't interchangeable and the HF crystal was only 2mm thick (it was same crystal as 15400). The HF was 13.95 thick if I remembered correctly, the JF was like 14.5 ish
Unfortunately when I ordered the JF it was supposed to have a 2824 in it- but instead it came with a Miyota 9015, so beware when ordered a JF, have TD verify date wheel rotation direction.

Reactions: BIONONE