• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF AP15706 - new upgrades + comparison

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
XF V2 is H series bro, and I think its serif fonts are much better than JF V5's modern fonts. (IMHO)

I completely agree with you. This looks substantially better than the JF. Certainly don't need a video to know that the date wheel is off on the JF, I wouldn't have bought a mikey datewheel if it wasn't!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I completely agree with you. This looks substantially better than the JF. Certainly don't need a video to know that the date wheel is off on the JF, I wouldn't have bought a mikey datewheel if it wasn't!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ what he said

can XF release other divers too ? TYVM

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
I just found a quite similar video which shows that the case thickness of the JF is 14.4mm vs the XF is 13.9mm

Can you post a link?
My JF was 14.4/14.5 that is why I went with the HF. The HF is 13.95 but the crystal thickness is on 2mm (I am pretty sure Gen crystal is 2.5 thick)
It is hard to trust any of the gen comparison videos unless done by one of the forum members. On Toro's site they had side by side pictures of the "gen" and HF taken apart next to each other, claiming the HF was made from gen sample, but I highly doubt it.

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12

thanks for posting the link. the visual comparison is helpful. i don't understand mandarin.
. JF font 6 is wrong compared to gen. JF does use helvetica but the size is wrong compared to gen. at least 30% is wrong.
. XF crystal has purple or green glow. JF better crystal.
. JF cyclops has blue. XF cyclops is colorless. XF better?

● PIN: JF is better than XF.

thewatcher what is the pin?

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
I got QC pictures of my XF, the crystal doesn't look green. But it is so hard to on the TDs website. I change the crystal to Prof 1xAR anyway. But that cyclops looks really good. The 2xAR Cyclops is to clear. I did get 1xAR Cyclops (inside AR) from the prof, but they were to shinny. Now I have 1xAR (inside AR) from the Prof on their way here to see if they are better. But this one looks best so far. It would be nice to not have to buy Cyclops for the divers anymore.

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
The XF caseback is definitely not as good as the JF or HF caseback. The engraving that goes around up next to the screws is to far away from the screws. But if you had a caseback from a HF or JF that would be perfect!
Note, I actually don't think you can get the JF with the 2824 in it anymore. I ordered one but when it came in, it was a 9015. So you can't get a Mikey DW for it, you can't low beat mod it.

mordret

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/4/17
Austria
Can you post a link?
My JF was 14.4/14.5 that is why I went with the HF. The HF is 13.95 but the crystal thickness is on 2mm (I am pretty sure Gen crystal is 2.5 thick)
It is hard to trust any of the gen comparison videos unless done by one of the forum members. On Toro's site they had side by side pictures of the "gen" and HF taken apart next to each other, claiming the HF was made from gen sample, but I highly doubt it.

You can see it at 4:35

http://m.youku.com/video/id_XMzQ4Nj...200000000000__Xf%20jf&_rp=1522699653391JAcsuW

Sent from the RWI mobile app

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
I got QC pictures of my XF, the crystal doesn't look green. But it is so hard to on the TDs website. I change the crystal to Prof 1xAR anyway. But that cyclops looks really good. The 2xAR Cyclops is to clear. I did get 1xAR Cyclops (inside AR) from the prof, but they were to shinny. Now I have 1xAR (inside AR) from the Prof on their way here to see if they are better. But this one looks best so far. It would be nice to not have to buy Cyclops for the divers anymore.

It's not green all the time, it's just when a point light source hits it and you see the reflection, it's lime green tinted. so if I hold it so a lamp is reflecting itself in the crystal, the sun, etc. it's not like those milgauss GV crystals where the whole thing was just spewing green everywhere

thewatcher

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/8/12
thanks for posting the link. the visual comparison is helpful. i don't understand mandarin.
. JF font 6 is wrong compared to gen. JF does use helvetica but the size is wrong compared to gen. at least 30% is wrong.
. XF crystal has purple or green glow. JF better crystal.
. JF cyclops has blue. XF cyclops is colorless. XF better?

thewatcher what is the pin?

I circled in RED:
f0tTvx@.jpg

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
You know what I remove both XF and JF from buying list

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
No rep is perfect, if all you have to do is put a $50 Mikey datewheel in, I would say that is the least work of any rep to make great. Every watch on the super rep list has some flaws, maybe PAM's don't I am not sure. But all the other reps on the list have some flaw. So if the only thing needed to be changed on this is a datewheel and possibly a crystal, I would say that is as good as it gets

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
No rep is perfect, if all you have to do is put a $50 Mikey datewheel in, I would say that is the least work of any rep to make great. Every watch on the super rep list has some flaws, maybe PAM's don't I am not sure. But all the other reps on the list have some flaw. So if the only thing needed to be changed on this is a datewheel and possibly a crystal, I would say that is as good as it gets

+1 this