• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF 15707 ceramic V2

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
just put on a JF xs strap on mine without issue..straight into it as if the same plots

stock XF is less jf more gen style

Reactions: vcappp

stoyania

15/4/16
just put on a JF xs strap on mine without issue..straight into it as if the same plots

good to know! has anyone considered putting an orange JF strap...or that would be too flashy for this watch?

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
good to know! has anyone considered putting an orange JF strap...or that would be too flashy for this watch?

i tried, the orange was a tiny meenie bit lighter than the dial..aborted.

blue camo matches, i have a photo from the noob i had before

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18

The strap is bit wider on the jf, but I think that's acceptable

jf_strap.jpg

dhistory

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/11/17
I wonder how much heavier this ceramic version is compared to the steel diver?

Steste

12/5/18
I own 4 divers

Ss, fc, ceramic, white dial

Ceramic is the less versatile for sure. I dont exactly know why but thats the way i feel

Fantastic piece nonetheless

interesting !

weight wise how would you rank them ? Is the fc or the ceramic the lightest ?
thanks

Dondada

Known Member
3/9/17
Great post guys, does anyone know if there has been any side by side comparison/shoot out with a Gen?
Also is the general consensus still that the cyclops and date wheel ideally need to be replaced?
Also how does the open case back hold up VS Gen.. is this a big give away?

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
interesting !

weight wise how would you rank them ? Is the fc or the ceramic the lightest ?
thanks

hey cermet is heavy !

FC is the lightest

I can't do a comparo now because the FC is getting lowbeated but I can show you tonight the weights of ceramic and steel (if i remember to bring back the scale...)

Steste

12/5/18
hey cermet is heavy !

FC is the lightest

I can't do a comparo now because the FC is getting lowbeated but I can show you tonight the weights of ceramic and steel (if i remember to bring back the scale...)

Thank you ! Much appreciated !
i am trying to decide between the jf v9 diver ss and the fc or ceramic. I guess the fc and ceramic will be more scratch resistant ?

Steste

12/5/18
hey cermet is heavy !

FC is the lightest

Also not sue why the fc xf v2 is not cassified as a nwbig ?

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
Great post guys, does anyone know if there has been any side by side comparison/shoot out with a Gen?
Also is the general consensus still that the cyclops and date wheel ideally need to be replaced?
Also how does the open case back hold up VS Gen.. is this a big give away?

XF crystal is a huge tell, that green glaring flaw is so damn noticeable, people can instantly tell that’s a rep across the street. Stock Cyclops is kind of muddy, it needs replacement as well. Low beat movement is good to have if you want to achieve gen stats, but not necessary. Datewheel on jf must be replaced, xf is good to go.

Dondada

Known Member
3/9/17
XF crystal is a huge tell, that green glaring flaw is so damn noticeable, people can instantly tell that’s a rep across the street. Stock Cyclops is kind of muddy, it needs replacement as well. Low beat movement is good to have if you want to achieve gen stats, but not necessary. Datewheel on jf must be replaced, xf is good to go.

why dont we have "brokers" or "middle men" who source the best reps from the TD's make alterations that are necessary and then add their fees and jack up the price and sell as a "finished" ready to go product. I just want a one stop shop for the finished product where a trusted someone who has more knowledge then me and a better eye can quality control and make the necessary alterations. Surely there must be a gap in the market for such services? I guess BK is doing something similar... but why are there not more?

Reactions: antotony0203

Dondada

Known Member
3/9/17
BTW has Anyone released a good AP Safari? Or have they not yet "cracked" that one... I think this is my dream watch.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
why dont we have "brokers" or "middle men" who source the best reps from the TD's make alterations that are necessary and then add their fees and jack up the price and sell as a "finished" ready to go product. I just want a one stop shop for the finished product where a trusted someone who has more knowledge then me and a better eye can quality control and make the necessary alterations. Surely there must be a gap in the market for such services? I guess BK is doing something similar... but why are there not more?

For many reasons. I lost count of how many hands have broken and I've had to source new or gen ones. Then there's the shipping risk. Then as soon as someone offers this, the person becomes swamped with orders and ends up either having a nervous breakdown, doing the work badly or running off with everyone's money like locolouie

You have BK for ceramic subs, JJS for 5 digit and either legend or mikey can't remember which one do occasional runs of divers. Other than that you have the fun of finding the parts, sending it to a modder and then hoping it makes it safely through the postal system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18

The problem is that the market who are willing to pay a high price just to correct those minor flaws is quite small (make it 5% closer to gen, but spend way more than buying a replica watch), as generally people buy reps is to buy something high quality in an affordable price.
As ssouthall6 mentioned, shipping risk is also a concern as well.